World map?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Re: World Map

Post by Taledus »

That put things into perspective about why I was thinking that the maps did not line up properly. Is there a reason why the maps are not all the same size?
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Taledus wrote:That put things into perspective about why I was thinking that the maps did not line up properly. Is there a reason why the maps are not all the same size?
There is no reason for them to be all the same size. Also all maps are not made by the same person; we have a few different contributors. We are going to be looking into a required minimum map size though to see if it helps with overall continuity.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

It may be because I am just playing on a tablet instead of a phone. I have a good screen size showing...Crossglen shows up full screen, yet the others appear to be cutoff and I am guessing from the resolution. Not a big deal IMO as it probably works out better for those with phones.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

If I had this when I first started playing..... so much confusion would have been avoided :(
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Taledus wrote:It may be because I am just playing on a tablet instead of a phone. I have a good screen size showing...Crossglen shows up full screen, yet the others appear to be cutoff and I am guessing from the resolution. Not a big deal IMO as it probably works out better for those with phones.
I took that screenshot on my Nexus 7 and do all development on it while keeping the latest google play release on my phone allowing me a direct comparison of changes.

The bigger the device the more screen area you have so when a map is not big enough to fill up the whole screen you see the black border.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Good job! I can't wait! :shock:
Am I right that you only see the starting map at first and after that the worldmap is updated if you go into another map?
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Ian wrote:Good job! I can't wait! :shock:
Am I right that you only see the starting map at first and after that the worldmap is updated if you go into another map?
You are correct. When you go to a map it takes a screen shot of the map and stitches them together.
Timdogg1934

Post by Timdogg1934 »

I am REALLY excited for the world map...will be a great addition for sure...will it lay over location names as well (as seen above?)

I am guessing not, but that would be sweet as well!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 really nice job !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Timdogg1934 wrote:I am REALLY excited for the world map...will be a great addition for sure...will it lay over location names as well (as seen above?)

I am guessing not, but that would be sweet as well!
Yes it shows town names and a few interesting places. Also the red X is a mark where you are on the map.