ring of lesser Shadow

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Kim

Re: ring of lesser Shadow

Post by Kim »

The stats of the ring, including sell price, is still available on page 1 :)
LVL 58|XP 3607866|GOLD 119249|HP 159|AP 6|AC 199|AD 35-45|CC 10|CM 0|BC 100|DR 12|
HTC Wildfire - Android 2.2.1 |Rocks 3526|RoLS 0|Update 2013/10/19|
Sam_the_Cat

Post by Sam_the_Cat »

ctnbeh13 wrote:I definitely understand. I have nearly 2 million in gold, and over 20,000 in rubies, not even mentioning other gems. It will definitely be interesting to see what Oskar makes available in say, version 0.7.0 to allow long time players to make use of an ever growing worthless currency. However, I do realize that if we were playing from the beginning of a completed game, this issue would not exist. It would be cool though to have something thrown in that we could purchase and use now that players of the completed version could work towards backtracking for as a goal or incentive to keep them additionally motivated.
See, I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, as my sig indicates, I'm not really building up a single character between releases, because I feel like I want to experience the new content as it "should" be experienced. On the other hand, I can understand both the need to relieve boredom (keep playing, hunt for rings, etc.) and the desire to have some benefit for all that time put in.

Does anyone know if the number of small rocks held (or exp, or level, or anything else) actually affects the chance of the ring dropping, or is it truly random? (Or should I finally get over my fear of code and go look for myself?) I really want to hunt for one (or two!), but I don't want to over-level before the next release...

Could I possibly overthink this more? :oops: :lol:
RPGeek. RPGirl. RPGamer.

No character stats 'cause I keep starting over to kill time till next release...
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Kim,
Thanks for pointing out that the stats for the Ring of lesser shadow that was more recently pointed out, was originally pointed out by yourself. However, your inclusion of "Sells for $$$ gold." implies this ring can be purchased. Hence the reason for my clarification of "shop value".

For others unfamiliar with this exchange of dialog, $$$ represents the amount of gold from Kim's original quote. (disclaimer) :geek:
One of even fewer...
Your attack missed

Post by Your attack missed »

I finally got a ROLS!

My attack still misses.
LVL: 39
AP: 2
AC: 184%
AD: 24
BC: 21%
Gold: 110k
Xp: 1,100,000
RoLS: 1
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Sam_the_Cat,
The following is a partial quote from Oskar on Jan. 29th, 2011 that addresses some of your thoughts:
oskarwiksten wrote:When making the game, it is always a trade off between getting as much content in as possible compared to the development time it takes to develop it. Ideally, we would of course like to have all content into the game right from the start, but given the time constraints and the development team, this is not feasible. As stated when starting a new version for the first time, Andor's Trail is a work in progress, and probably will be for some time.

Regarding the Ring of lesser shadow, read below if you really want a spoiler about it
The gargoyle trainers have it. There is however a very low drop chance on it. But the item itself should be worth it. This is something that has been requested a lot before, very unique (and worthwhile) drops.
/Oskar
My opinion is just go for it and have fun. I don't believe you have to worry about overleveling as Oskar has stated before that he has no plan to place a cap on a player's stats, and they will carry over from this version to the next. Even though I have a 240% chance to land an attack on an enemy, I still get my share of "Your attack missed!". No weight limitations are going to be introduced, so you can't go wrong with keeping every small rock you find. You never know, someone may just create some new content that requires a certain number of small rocks to repair or build something as a quest. As players have written about when they received their 1st ring at considerably different times in their game play, have no expectations other than you will eventually get one or more if that's what you want.
One of even fewer...
Caedo 25

Post by Caedo 25 »

Hi everyone, thanks for all the help you've been. Thanks Oskar.
I've been thinking... if you want a RoLS without leveling, you can save just before killing a trainer and load the game and try again if you don't get a ring. If the drop rate is a true 1:1000, then your chances are the same, you just won't have a rock count to gauge the time you've spent.
Also, I have folders on my SD card with a save when I killed Maelveon and I plan on doing this every few levels or after each ring, that way I'm not overpowered when the next release comes out.
Caedofurtim

Lvl: 26, XP: 310593, Gold: 31899, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 HP: 35, AC: 145%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3, CC: 20%, CM: 3, BC: 54%, DR: 0
Caedo 25

Post by Caedo 25 »

By the way, what does the icon for the ring look like? Oddly enough, that's the peak of my curiosity about it right now.
Caedofurtim

Lvl: 26, XP: 310593, Gold: 31899, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0 HP: 35, AC: 145%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3, CC: 20%, CM: 3, BC: 54%, DR: 0
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Caedo 25,
Although it is definitely a unique item, its appearance is not. A simple, single gold band, as you have seen before, is used to depict this ring.
One of even fewer...
Caedo 25

Post by Caedo 25 »

All my dreams are shattered. Thanks tho lol.
Caedofurtim

Sam_the_Cat

Post by Sam_the_Cat »

Caedo 25 wrote:Hi everyone, thanks for all the help you've been. Thanks Oskar.
I've been thinking... if you want a RoLS without leveling, you can save just before killing a trainer and load the game and try again if you don't get a ring. If the drop rate is a true 1:1000, then your chances are the same, you just won't have a rock count to gauge the time you've spent.
Actually, I was doing that for a while, but then... for some reason, I found it a bit boring... go figure. :P
Also, I believe the true drop chance has another zero in it... :twisted:
RPGeek. RPGirl. RPGamer.

No character stats 'cause I keep starting over to kill time till next release...