Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Ideas for The Meeting - [Oct. 21]

Post by fiernaq »

On a similar note, will two fists be better than one? :D

IOW, I understand that barehanded fighting is getting a slight nerf but would going completely barehanded be better than one bare hand and one shield?
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I like to see some animations in player character. Perhaps only "facing" in direction where you are moving.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

let me preface this by saying it's been awhile since i've had the v0.7.0 dev build loaded up,
but i will try to answer what i can and correct it later - so you can be as prepared as possible.

please remember, this is the very first iteration of the new skills... so things may change at any time.
[wholly and totally] that being said...

tek - it would behoove you to match AP on weapons you dual wield because the lower AP is ignored,
[and both weapons swing in the same time when you attack / each time you attack]

firenaq - like i said, it's been awhile... but - i think you can use a shield when you are fighting unarmed (untrained).
although, when you start getting Unarmed Skills... you benefit most from no shield.

sarumar - we can make the character "rotate" when facing different directions,
we just need people willing to draw him facing different directions.
i am willing to draw them, but i want to make a female character first.

so if anyone wants to jump on board making the hero from different angles, feel free!
also - we have quite a few images of the hero holding different weapons & wearing different armor...
which do we want first?

i think we should do a female hero first, then both hero's wearing their gear...
but if we do that then the hero "turning around" will be much more work.

so all you hero's... what do we want?
im thinking of making this a poll...
especially because i am going to start working on more sprites in the next week or two...

[thoughts? opinions? feelings? ideas?]

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:let me preface this by saying it's been awhile since i've had the v0.7.0 dev build loaded up,
but i will try to answer what i can and correct it later - so you can be as prepared as possible.

please remember, this is the very first iteration of the new skills... so things may change at any time.
[wholly and totally] that being said...

tek - it would behoove you to match AP on weapons you dual wield because the lower AP is ignored,
[and both weapons swing in the same time when you attack / each time you attack]

firenaq - like i said, it's been awhile... but - i think you can use a shield when you are fighting unarmed (untrained).
although, when you start getting Unarmed Skills... you benefit most from no shield.

sarumar - we can make the character "rotate" when facing different directions,
we just need people willing to draw him facing different directions.
i am willing to draw them, but i want to make a female character first.

so if anyone wants to jump on board making the hero from different angles, feel free!
also - we have quite a few images of the hero holding different weapons & wearing different armor...
which do we want first?

i think we should do a female hero first, then both hero's wearing their gear...
but if we do that then the hero "turning around" will be much more work.

so all you hero's... what do we want?
im thinking of making this a poll...
especially because i am going to start working on more sprites in the next week or two...

[thoughts? opinions? feelings? ideas?]

LOL... Nyktos you are the first one (after the Lady Black has rejected us :( ... I miss her a lot :roll: ) who are forced me to use google translator and the dictionary... while trying to understand you :-)

I vote "rotate" hero first, then female, etc
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

hahaha... sorry about that Sarumar, i got all excited when i was typing!

:D

[but i take that as a compliment!]

and i totally agree, Lady Black is amazing...
i hope she comes back to us some day!

i do see her logged in from time to time,
so it's good to know she is OK.

[the poll has been posted!]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

nyktos wrote:hahaha... sorry about that Sarumar, i got all excited when i was typing!
:D
[but i take that as a compliment!] :twisted:

and i totally agree, Lady Black is amazing...
i hope she comes back to us some day!

i do see her logged in from time to time,
so it's good to know she is OK.

[the poll has been posted!]
..no need to be sorry - Instead you should be proud about your skill of english ;) ... yes my earlier post was a compliment ;)

but back on topic...

How about upgrading some skills:
-Magic finder, how about if this skill boost chance of finding any item drops ( not gold) ?
-Merchant, explanation of this skill is confusing. Please make it more understable.... like "with 3 level you can sell items at same price than buy it"
-Failure mastery, IMO this one is too weak, I suggest; level 1 30%, level 2 60% and level 3 100%
-IMO All of the resistance skills are too weak. I suggest; level 1 20%, level 2 40%, level 3 70%

-
Last edited by Sarumar on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarumar

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

but back on topic...

How about upgrading some skills
-IMO All of the resistance skills are too weak. I suggest; level 1 20%, level 2 40%, level 3 70%
-
+1 I agree 100%
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote: but back on topic...

How about upgrading some skills:
-Magic finder, how about if this skill boost chance of finding any item drops ( not gold) ?
-Merchant, explanation of this skill is confusing. Please make it more understable.... like "with 3 level you can sell items at same price than buy it"
-Failure mastery, IMO this one is too weak, I suggest; level 1 30%, level 2 60% and level 3 100%
-
Agree 110%!

All these skills could use a lil powering up
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

This hasn't been updated in awhile. What would you guys like us to discuss at the next meeting on Nov. 18th?
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Ideas for The Meeting - [Nov. 18th]

Post by fiernaq »

#1 on my priority list would be adjusting items to make more of them worth using. No, you won't still want to use the rusty dagger at lvl 100 but it should be better for you early on than not using it (assuming your build was suited to daggers). Each item in the game should have a purpose and a place where at some point or another it will be beneficial for someone to use that item. You will know you have it balanced right when every single item is sought after by someone because it would benefit them. Pieces that will need adjusted are Stats, Price, Location, and Rarity.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013