Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Ideas for The Meeting - [Nov. 18th]

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:#1 on my priority list would be adjusting items to make more of them worth using. No, you won't still want to use the rusty dagger at lvl 100 but it should be better for you early on than not using it (assuming your build was suited to daggers). Each item in the game should have a purpose and a place where at some point or another it will be beneficial for someone to use that item. You will know you have it balanced right when every single item is sought after by someone because it would benefit them. Pieces that will need adjusted are Stats, Price, Location, and Rarity.

+1... let me know if i can help you on this one
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

fiernaq wrote:#1 on my priority list would be adjusting items to make more of them worth using. No, you won't still want to use the rusty dagger at lvl 100 but it should be better for you early on than not using it (assuming your build was suited to daggers). Each item in the game should have a purpose and a place where at some point or another it will be beneficial for someone to use that item. You will know you have it balanced right when every single item is sought after by someone because it would benefit them. Pieces that will need adjusted are Stats, Price, Location, and Rarity.
I'm not sure about this being my "#1 priority", but I agree. +1

I know Mino would agree with me as he was the first to say it, but the ELyR is a great example of an item that is not useless, but is not attractive enough to use due to the introduction of the Combat Speed skill. The +2 AP given by the ELyR is wasted on a hero with 12 AP and the JoF is used because the hero now has 14AP. 4x3 = 12AP 2AP leftover. this 2 AP was attractive before Combat Speed skill as the hero top off at 10 AP and the extra 2AP give him/her 12AP.
The ElyR should give a bonus of +4 AP
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

giving the ElyR a boost was mentioned in the meeting, but not listed as a major topic...
i brought it up as i was making another point, to solidify things a bit.

[we were discussing the players choice of weapons & how much impact it has on our gear]

;)

we aren't sure exactly how, but i'm sure it will get a "boost" when the new skills roll out!

:twisted:

don't forget though, the ElyR is THE ONLY WEAPON IN THE GAME that allows you to hit an Aurulir twice when Stunned.

:shock:

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Avalon archer
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Avalon archer »

I think +4 ap would be great, that way you could swing at least the same amount of times as with the balanced steel sword, my build is all out attack and all I use are pretty much L/E items, and the Elyr was recently stored away due to the loss of a swing
THE SAD TRUTH IS, THE TRUTH IS SAD, AVALON ARCHER, THE ONCOMING STORM
"VALUGHA, SAVE US ALL"
LVL 76 HP:102, AC:357%, AD:60-70, BC:20%, AP;4/12
RoLS:2, ELyR:1, RoL:1, CHAR:1, SHAF:2, VSH:3, SRoV:2, GoLF:2
japakazole
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by japakazole »

I havent read through all 15 pages, I'm sorry i don't have the time to go through it at work, but have you guys considered ranged weapons? Like a bow where you have to purchase arrows to use in the quick slot?
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

welcome to the forum japakazole!

:D

ranged attacks of any type were turned down for a long time,
but in one of the recent meetings - we were considering the ways we could implement them.

[be it weapons or magic]

granted - those were just early ideas & any implementation [if any] is a ways off.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
japakazole
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by japakazole »

it could be as simple as purchasing ammunition for weapons or uses per rest for magic. one ranged attack for every 6 seconds or something like that
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

japakazole wrote:it could be as simple as purchasing ammunition for weapons or uses per rest for magic. one ranged attack for every 6 seconds or something like that
Those are some good suggestions. :mrgreen:

Maybe for ranged attack (like a bow) you wouldnt be able to use the bow if there is a NPC in an ajacent spot to you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I'd love to see mplemented more unarmed skills.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:I'd love to see mplemented more unarmed skills.
What kind of skills do you have in mind Wyrm?

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!