[closed]Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Adahn
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Post by Adahn »

First, a big thanks to the dev team for all the work you've done and all the impatiences you had to endure.
I've been quietly reading this forum for years, not trying to add to the pressure by asking for release dates ;)
But now that there's something to test I registered :)

So here's what I found so far:

Bugs:
  • At the beginning of a fight, the monsters HP-bar is drawn to about 80%, then quickly jumps to 100%.
  • It's still possible to double click a saved game to load it twice. After going back to the home screen the second instance is loaded.
  • I loaded an old character and opened the worlmap underground at first. After the error message I went upside. Now it's completely empty, except for the tile I'm on. (I think something like this has already been reported.)
  • The game language is switching between English and German, especially when I open the world map.(also not new, device language: German, Use localized resources: false, Sony Xperia Z5)
  • I've got the feeling, that loading is somewhat slower now. When I find something to grind for that's gonna be annoying :(
  • Quest: "Roses"
    If I leave the dialog with the cook after giving him the herbs, I don't have the herbs anymore, but the cook still wants them.
  • Quest: "Roses" in Guynmart dungeon
    When Unkorh is not there yet, I can only talk to Guynmart. If I don't believe Unkorh, he tells me to run but blocks the way and the conversation starts over again.
    I had a savegame, which repeatedly showed this behavior. But loading it now everything works fine :(
  • Quest: "Roses" on the western battlements
    When I enter the gate house or jump off the battlements the app crashes on enemy contact.
Text errors:
  • Quest: "A path to the Duleian Road"
    Warden: "He is lives in his hut, immediately souht of my prison. Don't you bother me again!"
  • Quest: "Lost treasures"
    Nocmar: "Beware the liches of Undertell, if they are still are around. Those things can kill you by their gaze alone."
  • Quest: "Lost Sheep"
    Tinlyn says this twice: "Return to me once you have placed bells around the neck of each of the four missing sheep."
  • Quest: "Roses"
    Andor's brother: "Lovis is on his way to him. He can probably pusuade Norgothla to come to the castle."
  • Quest: "Roses" suprise by Hannah and Lovis
    The 'something special' is described to be west of the castle near the sheep, but it actually is east where the sheep are, too.
Thoughts:
  • How much content would you say was added compared to v0.7.1?
  • This feels like a big update. Why isn't it v0.8? (Afraid you have only two more of these and then there has to be an ending :twisted: :lol: )
  • Quest: "Marble hunting" working fine
  • Quest: "A path to the Duleian Road" working fine
  • Quest: "Ancient secrets" was reopened on my imported character (supposedly the right behavior)
  • Quest: "Rare delicacies"
    • The old man asks for bread and eggs, first. But he only takes the bread not the eggs.
    • He also complains, that people walk faster when they leave him - talk about narcissism ... it's walking downhill, it's just easier due to gravity :roll:
    • It would also be nice to know, why people avoid him.
      He doesn't want to talk about it. Fine.
      But it sounds as if there was some obvious reason which isn't described. Maybe the whole thing could start with something like "Arriving on the top of the hill you see an old man (whose face is) covered with scars/boils/burns..."
    • I'm standing there with bread, wine and cheddar saying "No, not yet" because the fool on the hill wants two laoves of bread? :evil:
    • Also, does the cooks wine replenish, if I gave it all to Fjoerkard?
Nordom (Lvl 61) looking for a mighty dragon
XP:4161000 AP:12/3 HP:172 AC:333 AD:37-52 CHS:33 CM:2.0 ECC:20% BC:129 DR:6

Xachariah died with the beta :cry:

Vhailor (Lvl 26) first Feygard fanboy
XP:327320 AP:10/4 HP:57 AC:128 AD:10-14 BC:84 DR:12
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Hello Adahn, and welcome to the forums.

I am glad the beta made you join, and thank you for the detailed report.
I can't reproduce bug #1 and #2.
For #2, I fixed some bugs in that area, so it may be accidentally fixed too.
For #4, I made some fixes there too. Keep in mind that untranslated content will be displayed in English.
For #5, the first loading is slower because there is more content. Quick reloads shouldn't be really noticeably longer, unless they already were really long.

Based on #1, #2 and #5, I would assume your device to be on the lower end of the performance spectrum. Do you mind revealing what it is?

In terms of how much content was added, I don't have all the numbers ready yet, but we went from ~6000 translatable strings to roughly 9000.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Adahn
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Adahn »

Thank you.
Zukero wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:34 pm For #4, I made some fixes there too. Keep in mind that untranslated content will be displayed in English.
I know, but I'm talking about simple stuff like "You survived and gained this much experience" being in German. I got Use localized resources turned off, since I want to play in English, so nothing should be translated.
Zukero wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:34 pm Based on #1, #2 and #5, I would assume your device to be on the lower end of the performance spectrum. Do you mind revealing what it is?
Sony Xperia Z5 (as stated in #4)
Zukero wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:34 pm In terms of how much content was added, I don't have all the numbers ready yet, but we went from ~6000 translatable strings to roughly 9000.
So about 50% :o :D
Nordom (Lvl 61) looking for a mighty dragon
XP:4161000 AP:12/3 HP:172 AC:333 AD:37-52 CHS:33 CM:2.0 ECC:20% BC:129 DR:6

Xachariah died with the beta :cry:

Vhailor (Lvl 26) first Feygard fanboy
XP:327320 AP:10/4 HP:57 AC:128 AD:10-14 BC:84 DR:12
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Sorry for not noticing the device info.

There was an issue with the localization setting on lollipop+. I think I fixed it now, but the fix isn't in the beta.

It's 50% for text, but it's much lower for the number of quests... I guess we made some verbose quests :lol:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Dinfarore

Post by Dinfarore »

Dinfarore wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm
It appears I am unable to find the little girl's father's home/house in Lost Girl Looking for Lost Things. When you find the helmet and take her back towards the entrance to Stoutford, she says she can make it back home without you. I clicked cancel to the response instead of selecting I am sure he will be proud. Just wondering if I'm blind or if this may be a bug. The quest says it is still unfinished.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V, REV0.6 in English.

Nevermind, I figured it out. :oops:
Maybe I haven't figured it out, lol. I have returned the helmet to Lord Bourbon :lol: , but the quest says it is incomplete. He just sits there like the bum he is, lol. Do I need to do something more, is this a bug, or is the quest not finishable in the beta?
Dinfarore

Post by Dinfarore »

rijackson741 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:35 pm Hello Dinfarore, and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for testing :D
Thank you for the warm welcome! :D
Nut

Post by Nut »

Do I need to do something more, is this a bug, or is the quest not finishable in the beta?
The quest should be finishable. I'd think something is missing still...
did you already clear the castle of undead? Then talk to Bourbon again. If it is still the same, you might send me your questlogs (lost girl and Stoutfords old Castle)
Nut
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 pm
FeirXus wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 am Some of the bugs I found while testing the beta:-
1. Now this maybe rare, because it happened only once to me as I did the beta testing twice.
After entering the garden with Damerilies, my Map location pointer got bugged, as it never showed me my location, however 'Recenter' worked perfectly. Also, the pointer worked pertectly when I was in interior or in a cave.
I assume you mean in the wolrdmap. If it's hard to reproduce, it's hard to track down and fix, but we will look at it.

FeirXus wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 am
(Not sure if the second one is a bug or not)
2. You can sell the rose and Hannah's lunch in the quest Roses at Gynmart.
Yes, you can. You could also eat the lunch. Currently there is no use for them in the game, so you can do whatever you want with them. You should always think very hard about what you want to do with unique items though, because you don't know if they will be useful in the future.
The lunch was delicious.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Nut

Post by Nut »

Adahn wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:05 am So here's what I found so far:

Bugs:
You must have played a while to find all this ... :)
•Quest: "Roses"
If I leave the dialog with the cook after giving him the herbs, I don't have the herbs anymore, but the cook still wants them.
>> Yes, indeed. It wouldn't be easy to get this 100% correct. On the other hand - if you leave the cook while he is talking to you, then you had earned it :mrgreen: . Just go to the gardener, you'll get fresh herbs again.

•Quest: "Roses" in Guynmart dungeon
When Unkorh is not there yet, I can only talk to Guynmart. If I don't believe Unkorh, he tells me to run but blocks the way and the conversation starts over again.
>> To give you another chance, I let the dialogue Restart after you had chosen to run, :)

•Quest: "Roses" on the western battlements
When I enter the gate house or jump off the battlements the app crashes on enemy contact.
>> Hm, I don't ever have any problems here. Do you have a savefile where it can be reproduced? Then Maybe you could send it to me via PM.

•Quest: "Roses"
Andor's brother: "Lovis is on his way to him. He can probably pusuade Norgothla to come to the castle."
>> oops - thanks, I corrected it.

•Quest: "Roses" suprise by Hannah and Lovis
The 'something special' is described to be west of the castle near the sheep, but it actually is east where the sheep are, too.
>> another oops :)
Nut
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

BethelAbba wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:41 pm
Urbain wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:08 pm
In particular BWM is very well done. The new maps along with the reworked quest makes it a lot better in my opinion.
To be honest, this was one of the changes that made me scratch my head and wonder "Why?" I thought the old maps gave a certain "height" to the mountain because you were always heading UPWARDS towards the top of the mountain (or that particular map segment) and the way the maps were situated seemed to give the impression that it was a very tall mountain indeed.

The new maps seem to meander here and there and rarely seem to go "up"... and give the impression that Blackwater is much closer to Prim than I once thought.

It's a minor thing.... and one not worth pursuing dialogue much further on.... but that was my impression these last few days when I finally did the BWM / Prim quest. It seemed to be a shorter route now.
honestly... it's just an opinion and only a minor matter.... not worth changing the way things are now as the path does go where it is supposed to go, simply said.
Urbain wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:08 pmI am still having a few issues; first, the stuttering movement that I mentioned previously. It's worse on some maps than on others though it's always the same maps that it is bad on. The number of monsters on a given map seems to have little to do with it. Maybe it's just time to get a new tablet :)
I wonder if this is the same "bug" i mentioned a while back. My fights with certain monsters seem to "stutter" at times in a way I can't really explain. It looks weird at best and at worst... it makes me think an entire turn has taken place without me actually doing any battle.
I had quite the opposite experience with the new maps. It felt like I was doing the Grind (a popular, near-vertical mountainside trail here in my home city). The old map felt like a long, leisurely hill climb with a few angry creatures in the way. It's interesting how two very opposite experiences can be had on the same map.

Stutter is a good descriptor. Or hesitation. I've taken to giving my character and a monster a space and letting the monster make the first move then pouncing. It gives me the chance to initiate the battle especially since I have yet to take any levels in Evasion with my Beta character.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4