Lodar's Hideaway

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Lodar's Hideaway

Post by nyktos »

Belial wrote:I was using a "Hero Legend" game which came pré-instaled in my Samsung.
what?!

:shock:

wow, pre-installed?

:evil:

...ouch.

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Ian wrote:A big hi to all players of Andor's Trail!

I created Remgard and the surrounding area. Now I draw the maps between Crossroads guardhouse and Foaming Flask tavern. The two areas will be both in v.0.6.11. Somewhere, hidden in a maze Lodar's hideaway will be located!

I'm looking forward v.0.6.11!

Aaaargh, spoilers ;D!

Good job (as always) Ian
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

they look amazing too!

versatile & dynamic - very easy to work with...
[on top of looking great!]

my hats off to one of our youngest & most prolific contributors...
Ian - good stuff, my man!

:D

i feel lucky sneak in so early,
and watch this world / community grow.

thanks everyone!

:twisted:

things have been nasty in my neck of the woods recently,
but i am really trying to get back on the ball soon.

if at all possible?

[sorry for the "off topic" tangent]

warmest regards,
matthew
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Argon of Peristalsis

Post by Argon of Peristalsis »

I always figured Lodar's hideaway would be on the Dulian road, halfway between Nor City and Feygard.
Actually, I don't fight any more. I let the gods handle it. They love fighting. I get them to fight each other and leave us in peace. It's bad enough when humans start trouble.
J Biscuit

Post by J Biscuit »

I don't wanna give away any spoilers about Lodar, but in the new version...getting to see him is a TASK, even if you're strong enough to fight off the hundreds of enemies you have to kill to get to him (and the cave beneath his house can be very tough to get through)...not getting lost and actually finding him is its own journey. I saved it for last cause getting to Lodar makes getting to Remgard seem like a little stroll through the kiddie park. Have fun people :)
TheFSM

Post by TheFSM »

J Biscuit wrote:I don't wanna give away any spoilers about Lodar, but in the new version...getting to see him is a TASK, even if you're strong enough to fight off the hundreds of enemies you have to kill to get to him (and the cave beneath his house can be very tough to get through)...not getting lost and actually finding him is its own journey. I saved it for last cause getting to Lodar makes getting to Remgard seem like a little stroll through the kiddie park. Have fun people :)
Yip - even at level 113 still have to use occasional 5-15 bonemeals going there (4-6 HP per kill isn't enough). On the other hand, also more XP per second then the Remgard bed to spider bed run for high levels at least.

Advice for finding you way through the maze without getting lost:
Use your map... also remember you can walk over some tree stumps / bushes. You will also often need to go though caves to get to different portions of the maze.
Advice for fighting the monsters:
In the final cave system you will get swamped quite regularly, as there is now it seems a basic AI in some monsters you need to be a bit smarter how you fight, when surrounded you can loose more HP per round than you can regain from potions alone so relying on a stack of potions mid fight is not a good idea. Here are a few tips:

1) The bats will move towards you when you aren't fighting, you can use this to try pull them into narrower spaces and fight them first one at a time.
2) If you don't have enough health / defence to avoid damage when surrounded take out the monsters slowly, let them separate then pick off the monsters one at a time. Many monsters will try swam you when you are fighting moving closer each round. Watch how much they move each round as it varies between monsters.
3) Keep close to walls or obstacles which get in the way of monsters.
4) Save often and flee the battle in necessary.
5) Carry potions, you may want to use more than just healing potions.
6) Consider maxing out which ever armour / weapons skills you've chosen prior to entering the maze - 19 more levels for me for that :| .
Personal XP assessment:
With QL 13:
Remgard / spider bed run
200-210 xp/s for me
Lodars hideout (wait for respawn in caves) to bug / worm cave near entry of maze (don't wait for respawn)
225-240 xp/s

Remember XP/s has many factors, depending on how often you need to stop to heal, how tough you find the battles, and your what settings you have for combat log your numbers may vary and you may in fact find a different run yielding more XP.
Lvl: 120, XP: 31,872,879, Gold: 1,000,257, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 5, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 258, AC: 325%, AD: 74-78, AP: 3, CC: 33%, CM: 2.0, BC: 118%, DR: 4
Restore on kill:1-3(Items) + 4(Corpse Eater) Fear (20% chance)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

TheFSM wrote:
J Biscuit wrote:I don't wanna give away any spoilers about Lodar, but in the new version...getting to see him is a TASK, even if you're strong enough to fight off the hundreds of enemies you have to kill to get to him (and the cave beneath his house can be very tough to get through)...not getting lost and actually finding him is its own journey. I saved it for last cause getting to Lodar makes getting to Remgard seem like a little stroll through the kiddie park. Have fun people :)
Yip - even at level 113 still have to use occasional 5-15 bonemeals going there (4-6 HP per kill isn't enough). On the other hand, also more XP per second then the Remgard bed to spider bed run for high levels at least.

Use your map... also remember you can walk over some tree stumps / bushes. You will also often need to go though caves to get to different portions of the maze.
In the final cave system you will get swamped quite regularly, as there is now it seems a basic AI in some monsters you need to be a bit smarter how you fight, when surrounded you can loose more HP per round than you can regain from potions alone so relying on a stack of potions mid fight is not a good idea. Here are a few tips:

1) The bats will move towards you when you aren't fighting, you can use this to try pull them into narrower spaces and fight them first one at a time.
2) If you don't have enough health / defence to avoid damage when surrounded take out the monsters slowly, let them separate then pick off the monsters one at a time. Many monsters will try swam you when you are fighting moving closer each round. Watch how much they move each round as it varies between monsters.
6) Consider maxing out which ever armour / weapons skills you've chosen prior to entering the maze - 19 more levels for me for that :| .
Personal XP assessment:
With QL 13:
Remgard / spider bed run
200-210 xp/s for me
Lodars hideout (wait for respawn in caves) to bug / worm cave near entry of maze (don't wait for respawn)
225-240 xp/s

Remember XP/s has many factors, depending on how often you need to stop to heal, how tough you find the battles, and your what settings you have for combat log your numbers may vary and you may in fact find a different run yielding more XP.
+1 nice tips here !

Im love.... once again there is something new to conquir !
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

TheFSM wrote:

Personal XP assessment:
With QL 13:
Remgard / spider bed run
200-210 xp/s for me
225-240 xp/s

Fantastic Advice! I was able to make it thru the maze and the caves with my level 30 build but i used a TON of potions in the process. ((This build has not used a single Bonemeal Potion and has never died))
I look forward to reading more of your posts! Happy Hunting!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

The new area is really well done. Often I had to search where my little character was hiding in all the green stuff, lolz. But once ran through, having the map available, it is quite easy.

And the monsters were cake compared to Remgard, but that is mostly because of all the levels I got (67 when I entered this area vs 48 when I went to Remgard) and of course the equipment bought in Remgard. Although some of the monsters with crithit were able to get my hp down quite a bunch, I didn't need to use much more than 50 regular health potions. Guess I've got a strong build :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I have a heck of a time trying to find the little red arrow on a all green map... cure my colorblind eyes!

I wouldn't have been able to find my way thru or out of that maze if it wasn't for the map.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!