Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
TheFearlessOne
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Battle Arena?

Post by TheFearlessOne »

I would totally vote a +10000 for it. It sounds fun, challenging, and would give players some extra content after they complete the game. I actually posted something similar to this a couple days ago in this topic:

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 382#p21382

And to the people who are asking what's the point of playing it if you don't get a reward: do you get a reward for playing AT? It would be just for fun, a great challenge, and if you manage to complete it, you get bragging rights. I totally think it should stay prize-free, that would just emphasize that it's additional "bonus" content.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Hm..... what about something like that, but a chest at the end with several items and the option to only pick 1, they would also be in varying value, and the rarer the item, the lower the chance it would have to appear in the chest.

After 20 or so of these battles, you can upgrade to a boss arena maybe a 1 time, very tough boss, and I mean actor conditions out the wazoo\+buffs on that dude.) and also get a small reward of acknowledgement that you've completed 20 battles in the area\boss kill. It doesn't have to be L\E-esque, perhaps just a little fun item\reward that you can do some ridiculous stuff with or just something in the manner of a trophy item.

Maybe even, the bosses could be bigger\stronger versions of the ones we faced previously in the game, like their souls have come back for vengeance :twisted:
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

TheFearlessOne wrote:I would totally vote a +10000 for it. It sounds fun, challenging, and would give players some extra content after they complete the game. I actually posted something similar to this a couple days ago in this topic:

And to the people who are asking what's the point of playing it if you don't get a reward: do you get a reward for playing AT? It would be just for fun, a great challenge, and if you manage to complete it, you get bragging rights. I totally think it should stay prize-free, that would just emphasize that it's additional "bonus" content.
You ask what the reward is for playing A.T.? How about a break from the wife and kids?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

tek wrote: You ask what the reward is for playing A.T.? How about a break from the wife and kids?
OMG, +5000! :lol:
nether

Post by nether »

Taledus wrote:
tek wrote: You ask what the reward is for playing A.T.? How about a break from the wife and kids?

Definite sig. Made my day
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

tek wrote:No XP gained, no gold looted, and it is expensive to enter. Plus we will most likely have to use our potions and meat. I am sorry but this is pointless. Risk/reward is not worth the effort. Spend gold and consume resources for what gain :?:
2 comments:
- Waves. You enter the arena the first time and are faced with an ant. Defeat that and you move forward to a wolf pup and then a snake, etc on up till you're killing spiders and whatever else there is. Some rounds could have more than one enemy to kill as well. This gives you a goal: to reach as high a round as you can. Then you can compare that number with other people to see who can reach a higher round.
- Disable the consumption of items within the arena. You can still use weapons and armor and even change what you have equipped but you can't use potions or meat or any other consumables like that.

I would agree that no XP or gold should be gained from this arena. In fact, the only thing you should gain is bragging rights for having reached a certain round.

*maybe if I read all the other posts before posting I'd realize that other people have already made these suggestions :oops:*
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I think this would be just as useful as gambling would for the game...some people would use it and some people would see no point to it and not use it. Besides, there is not really a way to tell if the player is telling the truth on how far they have made it through the arena...not to mention if they have cheated in any way to get further than everyone else.

I still say to formalize the idea with voting. It does need quite a bit more info though.
nether

Post by nether »

Taledus wrote: Besides, there is not really a way to tell if the player is telling the truth on how far they have made it through the arena...
Refer to my post a page ago. As far as cheating, the only thing you could really do is savegame or abuse some type of bug, the latter not existing at this point AFAIK.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

TheFearlessOne wrote:I would totally vote a +10000 for it. It sounds fun, challenging, and would give players some extra content after they complete the game. I actually posted something similar to this a couple days ago in this topic:

+1 just for fun... that is the reason why I play AT..
Taledus wrote:
+1, yes that is my main reason for playing AT
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

WELCOME TO THE THUNDER DOME :lol:

Lot's could be done with this idea, I like it...
I also like the idea of disabling your potions... Maybe they are taken before you enter, and reclaim them when you leave.. " we have rules hero, please drop your potions before entering ..."
The arena could be placed in a big city like faygard ( for the locals amusement ) like the Roman days... Even have spectators watching... As far as prizes, could be like grinding for L & E items... Compete as often as you wish, but no guarantee you will get a drop...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0