Remgard Vs The Witch? Which has better benifits? [spoilers]

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which side has the better benifits?

Remgard (upradeable equipment)
28%
The Witch (Marrowtaint)
72%

Total votes: 32

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Remgard Vs The Witch? Which has better benifits? [spoil

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
Thystonius wrote:Well if that is the story behind the witch I will side with Remgard too. I might start over with a new char, going the evil way and getting Dark Protector and Marrowtaint and slay all the sheep and stuff :-)
I also did this. Enjoy! It feels good to be bad.
+1 or another way if your first choice is the darkside :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Thystonius wrote:Well if that is the story behind the witch I will side with Remgard too. I might start over with a new char, going the evil way and getting Dark Protector and Marrowtaint and slay all the sheep and stuff :-)
If you enjoy starting over, then you'll have twice the fun being bad and getting a new start. But if you don't like having to build up from scratch, I'd like to suggest starting a game and completing only the quests that don't require you to pick a side. Maybe even get all the L&E items first (if you feel the need to own them, as many of us do). Then, you can use the multiple save slots and split off into an all good and all "evil" build (some of its more dishonest than pure evil).

There was even a thread about which quests don't make you pick a side, you can check it out here:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... l&start=10

My current build is based off this. I started a "base" build, completing only the quests where there's no choice to be made between two sides, then got all the L&E items, then leveled up to get all the skills I wanted. Then I split off into 3 games. Game 1 (my main one) will do whatever benefits himself the most and gives him the most fights - so he'll help find the sheep for the reward, but then kill them for more reward. And kill the witch because of the upgrades but also for the fight. Game 2 is all good, and Game 3 is all dark and for the shadow.

Some are hard to decide on which is "good" or "evil" and in some cases its whichever is the lesser of two evils. Like Unzel vs Vacor. Unzel is a thief/bandit so its not like he's a good guy, and Vacor is trying to open a portal to get The Shadow which could be dangerous to the town, but the guards don't like The Shadow. Or Prim and BWM Settlement, both sides are out to get each other.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Thystonius »

Well I already made a good build, but indeed I might make my second char that is only lvl 5 now a neutral, basic one. Saves all the trouble of having to grind for L / E items with every new character. On the other hand, I do enjoy also taking a different type of skillset, so might also go for restarting :-)

For now back at Gargoyles with my main until I geta RoLS, only getting some BMP from time to time, at 501 of those now
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Helping the Witch with some kind of Voodoo in return for a superb reward. Wonder what the results of that will be.. bit like poisoning the towns well yet more selective.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Thystonius wrote:Well I already made a good build, but indeed I might make my second char that is only lvl 5 now a neutral, basic one. Saves all the trouble of having to grind for L / E items with every new character. On the other hand, I do enjoy also taking a different type of skillset, so might also go for restarting :-)

For now back at Gargoyles with my main until I geta RoLS, only getting some BMP from time to time, at 501 of those now
You could also consider not using all the skill points, just a few for things like Increased Fortitude and Combat Speed. Then you can also split off saves to try out different skills. The unlimited save slots was really a great feature added to this game, more people should take advantage of it.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Getting a lil off topic here.

Choice of Remgard or the Witch is the subject here.

Happy hunting everyone.

((I sided with the Witch on one build and Remgard on another. Just depends on my play style.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Pyrizzle wrote:((I sided with the Witch on one build and Remgard on another. Just depends on my play style.
I did the same. Right now in the short term the witch grants the better bonus. However, once we get other equipment that can be upgraded then Remgaurd might be the better option in the long term. So I did one of each just so that when I can get an upgrade to something really cool.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dragejeger
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by dragejeger »

Mad P wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:I'd have to say really it depends on the build.
Don't agree :D

For me it depends on the character I'm role playing: the good ones go with Remgard, the evil ones side with the witch

But about the items: Marrowtaint is the best as it is effectively a JoF plus almost 6 xp levels. The current Remgard benefits don't come close. Even for the critical hit builds the hat isn't that big a deal...
Neither the leader of Remgard nor the residents therein give good reason for taking her home and belongings. Who lives there now?
Of course, in the US, all that is needed is for the government to need your home more than you and they will evict you and mow it down just to widen a highway. :twisted:
But the Remgardians didn't compensate her home or for any of her stuff at all in any way.

Just who is calling whom a witch? :evil: The Shadow Priests create banned potions AND cast shadow spells. Why isn't that called witchcraft?
Remgard is aligned with the Shadow. Do you really think good charactors follow the Shadow? It was the followers of the Shadow who poisoned the well that killed people. I believe the followers of the Shadow have been duped, coerced, and manipulated by the Shadow Priests who are master deceivers. They lie better than thieves.
It's no wonder she's off her rocker. They stoled her property and stuff and exiled her for having a stink problem.
If only she had Beano. :oops:
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

dragejeger wrote: Neither the leader of Remgard nor the residents therein give good reason for taking her home and belongings. Who lives there now?
Of course, in the US, all that is needed is for the government to need your home more than you and they will evict you and mow it down just to widen a highway. :twisted:
But the Remgardians didn't compensate her home or for any of her stuff at all in any way.

Just who is calling whom a witch? :evil: The Shadow Priests create banned potions AND cast shadow spells. Why isn't that called witchcraft?
Remgard is aligned with the Shadow. Do you really think good charactors follow the Shadow? It was the followers of the Shadow who poisoned the well that killed people. I believe the followers of the Shadow have been duped, coerced, and manipulated by the Shadow Priests who are master deceivers. They lie better than thieves.
It's no wonder she's off her rocker. They stoled her property and stuff and exiled her for having a stink problem.
If only she had Beano. :oops:
That is brilliant :lol: The Shadow is evil we should all go and worship Kazaul instead. :twisted:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

dragejeger wrote:Just who is calling whom a witch?
Considering what you learn if you take her side...
She turned some townspeople into rats
I'd say that qualifies her as a witch, or at least capable of witchcraft.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18