which way is better? [RoLS grind]

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
jprajoy
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Where is Mazeg

Post by jprajoy »

I am already bored with grinding. Am just lvl 35... I finished game when lvl 31-32. Give me tips to find RoLs faster. It takes a very long time to kill few....their regen s very slow
Last edited by nyktos on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Profanity is prohibited & Post moved to proper thread.
spooky
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by spooky »

If you don't care about levelling up while grinding for it, you can just reload every time you've been through the cave. Save, go in, kill all trainers and masters, reload if they didn't drop the RoLS. That way, you won't have to wait for them to respawn. The disadvantage is, of course, that you won't level up and that you won't collect the "measure items", the small rocks and polished gems, so you have no way to measure how "far in" you are. Though that's a very small disadvantage as the number of measure items isn't really meaningful anyway.

You might also want to read Samuel's excellent post on L/E items if you haven't already.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

spooky wrote:If you don't care about levelling up while grinding for it, you can just reload every time you've been through the cave. Save, go in, kill all trainers and masters, reload if they didn't drop the RoLS. That way, you won't have to wait for them to respawn. The disadvantage is, of course, that you won't level up and that you won't collect the "measure items", the small rocks and polished gems, so you have no way to measure how "far in" you are. Though that's a very small disadvantage as the number of measure items isn't really meaningful anyway.

You might also want to read Samuel's excellent post on L/E items if you haven't already.
...and if you like to leveling up, etc. Make four identical savegame, start nro 1 kill all and go to save in the gargoile room, load nro 2 do same, etc..

goos hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: which way is better? [RoLS grind]

Post by nyktos »

Mino wrote:If you're willing to level up a bit you can use any skill points you get on Magic Finder to increase the odds of the ring dropping. There is one more store is that increases critical skill: Bar brawlers boots sold in Remgard. There's also a hat you get as a reward if you side with Remgard over the witch.
a response from the original thread...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
snickers
android_version: 4.0

Post by snickers »

im new here so please 4giv me & let me know if i do anythin wrong. i had only 134 small rocks & 47 polished when i got my RoLS. i did not use any skill points on mf. i stayed in cave & let enemies respawn. i hav absolutely no idea how it happend. i got it 12/8/12 in the mornin. did the drop ratio change 4 thos jus b4 then or somthin?
Ranoc
android_version: 2.0

Post by Ranoc »

The gods MUST love you...its not easy to get for most players. It's a grind but worth it. I would try for another of you got one that quickly...it is definitely worth it! I may return there and try for another as I have nothing but plenty of time until the next update.

I am in search of a great weapon but not sure what to go for...still using the dagger but my base attack is 47 with 53-57 using the dagger of the shadow priests keeping 4 attacks with 4 AP used per attack.

Happy hunting!
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

I've been grinding in the gargoyle caves off and on for the past few months with no luck. Most recently I've taken to the save/reload style where you clear the entire cave, check bags for loot, if you don't get the RoLS then reload and repeat. This means I have no idea how many small rocks I've picked up other than a wild guesstimate of somewhere between 800 and 1500. No luck so far :(
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Ranoc
android_version: 2.0

Post by Ranoc »

IMHO I wouldn't go with the save/attack/reload/repeat method as I see it as a waste of experience. I entered the cave and attacked all the shadow gargoyles and waited for a few to respawn. After killing those I left the rooms where the shadow gargoyles were and waited just outside the area where the regular gargoyles are. It takes about 2 minutes for the rooms to regenerate and go back and attack. Worst case scenerio you will get a bunch of healing potions and experience to boot.

Depending on your needs, I believe gaining experience while waiting isn't a waste as you can always use a level up toward magic finding which MAY help. I used 2 of those and it did help...not to mention future items we all may need to find. Be patient...just when u want to give up you will get one.1500 rocks is just a good estimate on when you may find a RoLS. Some are just luckier than others.
silinda
android_version: 3.0

Post by silinda »

Just started here on the forums and made it to level 29...still haven't been to rem yet but finally went back to start grinding for RoLS...

magic finder 2 and 400 rocks and counting...
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

silinda wrote:Just started here on the forums and made it to level 29...still haven't been to rem yet but finally went back to start grinding for RoLS...

magic finder 2 and 400 rocks and counting...
welcome to the forum & best of luck!

:twisted:

it's always great to see more of us emerging as time drudges on...

8-)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]