Good places to grind to earn a few quick levels

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Good places to grind to earn a few quick levels

Post by lady black »

Having sided with Prim, I do not have a bed in Backwater, so I am also using the cabin as a base for grinding for the ElyR from the wyrm trainers and apprentices. But I dodge as many of the intervening monsters as I can on the way to and from their cave entrance, to save on healing supplies. I am running at a loss on everything except the minor potions, which are not strong enough to use in battle with these things. Unlike the gargoyle caves, where I added nearly a thousand regular potions to my stock while trying to get the RolS, which I still have not done.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:Having sided with Prim, I do not have a bed in Backwater, so I am also using the cabin as a base for grinding for the ElyR from the wyrm trainers and apprentices. But I dodge as many of the intervening monsters as I can on the way to and from their cave entrance, to save on healing supplies. I am running at a loss on everything except the minor potions, which are not strong enough to use in battle with these things. Unlike the gargoyle caves, where I added nearly a thousand regular potions to my stock while trying to get the RolS, which I still have not done.
I am in the middle of searching for the Elyr as well. I have sided with Primm as well and do not have a bed to rest in at the top of the mountain. What i have been doing is killing them near the enterance to the town until i almost run out of potions (which takes a loooooooooong time) and then teleporting back down to Primm to go back for more bonemeal potions. Still no Elyr yet but i just started a lil while ago (i have only 17 poisons thus far).

Btw the minor potions are good for selling to get more bonemeal potions. there is a thread about the benifits of selling potions and meats for money.

Happy Hunting! I hope you get one soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

I agree that Flagstone is better than the Gargoyle cave purely for leveling and accumulating gold if you're around the same level as me. (low to mid 20s) After running through Flagstone about 20 consecutive times. I decided to back and try the gargoyle cave again. It takes longer to kill the trainers, they do more damage to me requiring more potions to keep up my HP, and the loot drops don't compare to what you get in Flagstone. Those swords and gems can really add up to some gold! The experience and gold given by each of the trainers/masters is a bit higher, but I think that is outweighed by the extra time it takes for me to kill them. And I think the monsters in Flagstone respawn faster too. Of course, if I didn't already have my RoLS, it would be a moot point. No doubt in that case that I'd stay in the Gargoyle cave until I got one.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rory Mac wrote:I agree that Flagstone is better than the Gargoyle cave purely for leveling and accumulating gold if you're around the same level as me. (low to mid 20s) After running through Flagstone about 20 consecutive times. I decided to back and try the gargoyle cave again. It takes longer to kill the trainers, they do more damage to me requiring more potions to keep up my HP, and the loot drops don't compare to what you get in Flagstone. Those swords and gems can really add up to some gold! The experience and gold given by each of the trainers/masters is a bit higher, but I think that is outweighed by the extra time it takes for me to kill them. And I think the monsters in Flagstone respawn faster too. Of course, if I didn't already have my RoLS, it would be a moot point. No doubt in that case that I'd stay in the Gargoyle cave until I got one.
:cry: I haven't gotten a ROLS yet, but for now i am up on the mountain gaining XP and hoping for one of the other legendary items. XP & Coins build up much faster than anywhere else on the map that i have found so far. When i come back down and hunt for the ROLS i am hoping the T&A's wont be able to hit me much anymore or i can kill them before they can hit me.

IDK I also really liked the Kazul Imps cave for XP gathering as well (when i was a lil bit lower level). I stayed in there until i leveled up and then commited suiside to get back to town (i wanted to avoid the blackness of the caves again without loosing much XP)

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:IDK I also really liked the Kazul Imps cave for XP gathering as well (when i was a lil bit lower level). I stayed in there until i leveled up and then commited suiside to get back to town (i wanted to avoid the blackness of the caves again without loosing much XP)
lol, I did the same thing to get out of the dark maze after completing the Kazul quest.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Rambo
android_version: 2.0

Post by Rambo »

A good place I've been grinding lately is the shabby cabin on blackwater mountain.

I would go downstairs and kill the one ghost, then run back up and rest in the bed to respawn it. Rinse and repeat. It may seem like low exp and cash, but its actually excellent for exp and cash because of how fast you can do it (about 2x every 10 sec) the monster also drop up to 28 gold each kill, which is equivalent to meat drops if not better. This is a good exp place because you never need potions and its hard to die. Its prolly best suited for character in their 20s and below. The exp is directly equivalent to how fast you can loop it, so its best to put combat on instant and remove all dialog boxes in preferences. Even in the high 20s the wyrm and their trainer have the potential to kill me in 1 fight, the cabin is safest and requires no potions ,which also benefits my cash income.
Level: 39, Experience: 1046378, Gold: 81601, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, Hitpoints: 60, Attack Chance: 191%, Attack Damage: 27, Attack Cost: 2, Critical Hit Chance: 0%, Critical Multiplier: ~, Block Chance: -16%, Damage Resistance: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Rambo wrote:A good place I've been grinding lately is the shabby cabin on blackwater mountain.

I would go downstairs and kill the one ghost, then run back up and rest in the bed to respawn it. Rinse and repeat. It may seem like low exp and cash, but its actually excellent for exp and cash because of how fast you can do it (about 2x every 10 sec) the monster also drop up to 28 gold each kill, which is equivalent to meat drops if not better. This is a good exp place because you never need potions and its hard to die. Its prolly best suited for character in their 20s and below. The exp is directly equivalent to how fast you can loop it, so its best to put combat on instant and remove all dialog boxes in preferences. Even in the high 20s the wyrm and their trainer have the potential to kill me in 1 fight, the cabin is safest and requires no potions ,which also benefits my cash income.
I hid in/around the cabin for a long time until I was able to venture out farther to kill the ...
Aulaeth (180 xp)
Young white wyrms (180 xp)
white wyrm T&As (199 xp)
White wyrms (204 xp)

The aulaeths dont have a high AC or DC so they wont hit you often and you will hit them fairly often (all depending on your stats or course)

The cabin on the mountian is a premo spot.

Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Pyrizzle wrote:The aulaeths dont have a high AC or DC so they wont hit you often and you will hit them fairly often (all depending on your stats or course)

They also don't have a very high AD (sometimes they'll hit you for 0), which is another thing I like about them.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mino wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:The aulaeths dont have a high AC or DC so they wont hit you often and you will hit them fairly often (all depending on your stats or course)

They also don't have a very high AD (sometimes they'll hit you for 0), which is another thing I like about them.
True, so true. The lil buggers never see it comming. The only problem with them is that they have a high amount of hp so it does take a lil longer to kill them than other baddies.

Now i am Killing the Wyrm T&A. They give the most XP for the least amount of time/energy/potions needed to kill them.

Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

I've found another purpose for grinding around BWM by the cabin - the minor speed potion, which sometimes get dropped, especially for my character that can't buy them. After I save up enough, it could come in handy when going after the trainers for the ElyR.

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18