how many kills did it take for RoLS

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Iceyn1pples
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: how many kills did it take for RoLS

Post by Iceyn1pples »

@ 826 Rocks, i recieved my second ring.

30% chance of the Venomous Dagger to Crit with 3x damage is simply aswesome.

Too bad the Health Regen doesnt stack...i was hoping for +2 hp every 5 seconds.
Level: 35, Experience: 785690, Gold: 120132, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 55, Attack chance: 208%, Attack damage: 16-17, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 30%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 44%,
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Iceyn1pples wrote:@ 826 Rocks, i recieved my second ring.

Congrats, you are really lucky one.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Nero

Post by Nero »

Iceyn1pples wrote:@ 826 Rocks, i recieved my second ring.

Wow 826 rocks for your second.. That some hardcore luck! :)
Too bad your lovelife sucks.. you know what they say, right? ;)
Im still on the hunt for my second and im on ONLY.. ill say only.. 1226 rocks :)
Got my first at about 400 something, its in another post somewhere.. :)

Congrats to you anyway :)
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Congratulations on getting a second ring so early Iceyn1pples.

I think there must be something wrong with my phone. I'm starting to think that the RoLS were left out during manufacture!

I'm now over 2100 rocks and no ring. I haven't left the cave since going in 15 levels ago. My mindset has gone from, "I'm going to get one early and rub it in to them all still trying", to "It better happen soon", to "why haven't I got one yet?", to "I'm nOt GoiNG MeNtaL!", to now just plain grinding the caves resigned to never see that magical moment when my loot says "you found a RoLS".

To all who got their RoLS early, in the nicest possible way; I would like to say, you suck!
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

In order to keep my sanity, I'm just leveling up so I can use more skill points to increase the drop chance after the next update.

But during my level up efforts between the cabin and BWM settlement, I have been killing the Wyrm trainers, so if I happen to get a ElyR, I won't be complaining about it :)
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Iceyn1pples

Post by Iceyn1pples »

Hey guys, no ones implied this yet, but the purpose of my posts are not trying to rub it in, just contributing to the topic. That said, i think i have a few tricks that i do that i havent seen mentioned before (not that i've seen yet).

1. I dont leave the caves at all.
2. I only attack the trainers, no gargoyles.
3. I basically attack one room at a time, and i heal up and save after each room.

this is what i did when i got my first ring, so i kept it up when attempting my second.

I personally didnt go out searching for the Rings, i just thought it was a good area to level up my charactor - the rings were a good incentive though.

Anyways, I only play this game while at work. I spend about 30 seconds a room, every five or ten minutes.

Thats why i love this game, a very nice time filler.

Thanks you developers and to all who contributed.
Level: 35, Experience: 785690, Gold: 120132, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0
Hitpoints: 55, Attack chance: 208%, Attack damage: 16-17, Attack cost: 3, Critical hit chance: 30%, Critical multiplier: 3, Block chance: 44%,
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

Iceyn1pples wrote:Hey guys, no ones implied this yet, but the purpose of my posts are not trying to rub it in, just contributing to the topic. That said, i think i have a few tricks that i do that i havent seen mentioned before (not that i've seen yet).

1. I dont leave the caves at all.
2. I only attack the trainers, no gargoyles.
3. I basically attack one room at a time, and i heal up and save after each room.

this is what i did when i got my first ring, so i kept it up when attempting my second.

I personally didnt go out searching for the Rings, i just thought it was a good area to level up my charactor - the rings were a good incentive though.

Anyways, I only play this game while at work. I spend about 30 seconds a room, every five or ten minutes.

Thats why i love this game, a very nice time filler.

Thanks you developers and to all who contributed.
I realize that you aren't rubbing it in. I just want my RoLS so I can move on out of the cave. I am starting to forget what else is out there.
I have tried everything. (except cheating)(which I wouldn't know how to do anyway).
I've left gems at the altar
Never left the cave
Killed trainers and masters in their hoards
Took every t&a at one stage down to 11ish HP, saved, killed then reloaded many many times. No ring!

But what scares me the most is that I'm only on my first extraordinary item. There are 2 more, and who knows how many more in future updates. (I don't want to waste all my skill points on finding items).

Enough cittchatter, back to searching. :(

Wilfred lvl 8
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

As far as I know, my current status of 7501 small rocks (from the trainers and masters only--I sell those from gargoyles and Flagstone prisoner and drop Kazaul rocks on their front lawn to keep them separate) and no ring is the record high before a first ring. I really hope that I do not reach ctnheb13's record of over 9000 rocks at a stretch without a ring dropping, but as that was between his third and fourth, it does not count here. I think the last update came before he got a fourth, and now he is leveling up on the mountain and collecting ElyRs instead--currently 5 of those.
I figure if I don't have a ring after killing 30,000 drop-capable monsters I'll try for the ElyR (where I am also not having any luck) for a while, and maybe wait for better odds after using some skill points here.
Just to help those of you who got rings at 500ish rocks realize how lucky you were! And tell those of you still trying to hang in there--you will almost certainly get one before tying me!
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

ding! @ 1367 rocks (i feel very lucky, yes)

don't give up!
i stopped the search for about two days...
then did a single lap on my smoke break & got it.
felt good too.

ElyR time?

(edit: best of luck to everyone hunting!)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Bornain

Post by Bornain »

nyktos wrote:ding! @ 1367 rocks (i feel very lucky, yes)

don't give up!
i stopped the search for about two days...
then did a single lap on my smoke break & got it.
felt good too.

ElyR time?

(edit: best of luck to everyone hunting!)
Congratulations. Today must be a special day. :D

@ 2228 rocks there was a magical image on my screen. I stared at it for a full minute admiring the words "Ring of Lesser Shadow". I couldn't believe my eyes. I wanted to take a picture. Made sure I saved, carefully!

I feel kind sad now. The caves feel as though they have been my home for so long. I will miss them. Time to restock on bonemeal and hunt the ElyR. I might see you in there nyktos. See who can get the ElyR first.

P.s. just for those still searching. Originally I was camping in the caves with the gargoyals so all the t&m's would respawn. But, I would have to kill at least two gargoyals to get back into the t&m's. After reading Iceyn1pples advice I camped in the room that had only two t&m's. (upper right side). I only did two or three laps killing only t&m's when the ring finally dropped.

Thought it might help. Good luck to all still searching. Especially Lady Black.

Wilfred lvl 8