what other phone rpgs are out there?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Ant3Up
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: what other phone rpgs are out there?

Post by Ant3Up »

I so wish I could find a game like runescape for use on a phone. You never see many games where there is a might focus on crafting skills leveling such a pity.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

i used to play runescape long ago. It was good for killing ungodly amount of time
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ant3Up

Post by Ant3Up »

And yet I haven't ever been able to find a game in any comparison to it.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Pyrizzle wrote:i used to play runescape long ago. It was good for killing ungodly amount of time
Everyone has that one game they are not proud of. I put over 140 days into that game, roughly 3500 hours. I was ADDICTED to that game for like 6 years (off and on playing. I would skip school, and bail on my friends to play. But then I got my first girl (havn't played since). I still have my account though, it is like 115 when on f2p, and I regret every second of time and all the money I put into that game.

And yes, the crafting system on that game is absolutely awesome.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:i used to play runescape long ago. It was good for killing ungodly amount of time
Everyone has that one game they are not proud of. I put over 140 days into that game, roughly 3500 hours. I was ADDICTED to that game for like 6 years (off and on playing. I would skip school, and bail on my friends to play. But then I got my first girl (havn't played since). I still have my account though, it is like 115 when on f2p, and I regret every second of time and all the money I put into that game.

And yes, the crafting system on that game is absolutely awesome.
Yeah i spent waaaaay too much time on that game.

I had maxed out my crafting, weapon & armor making, mining, and so much more... way too many hours in front of a computer really.

Glad i kicked that habit and now have new addictions... Andor's Trail and Xbox Live. :lol:

Ant3Up

Post by Ant3Up »

Haha. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that got that heavy into it. SOOOOOO much time just waisted away.

----------------------------------edit------------------------------------------------------

My long asked question is why do know other games follow that trend. And why hasn't RS ever made a mobile app I mean come-on. Also how cool would it be if one day AT introduced crafting of some type to the game?
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

probably because the game would be huge, there would be a lot of graphics and coding to it and most players would probably be offset by the size alone. (just a guess)

Crafting: It's just a lot of busy work, it's not really fun or exciting. Plus it's better on games where you can trade with other players.

Ant3Up

Post by Ant3Up »

Point taken.
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Post by nezkeys79 »

If you liked Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest by Square Enix you should definitely get the Gailardia games. They are easily the best turn based rpg games on smartphone. Kemco games come in a close second on the turned based genre
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

nezkeys79 wrote:If you liked Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest by Square Enix you should definitely get the Gailardia games. They are easily the best turn based rpg games on smartphone. Kemco games come in a close second on the turned based genre
Ah yes, I forgot about Gailardia, time to play that some :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1