Alpha test v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by mirajp1 »

Samuel wrote:
sdevaney wrote:Have only had time to play about 10 mins so far and the only thing I can find is I don't really like the look of the virtual d-pad, I am not sure if it is the shape or just the color but for whatever reason it feels like it doesn't fit the rest of the game theme. What does everyone else think?
Can we gather some thoughts on the dpad design and/or behavior here?
Samuel wrote:
Samuel wrote:4. List of all extraordinary items

4.3 Shadowfang (Abbreviation: ShaF)
Actor condition: on a successful hit there is a 20% chance to apply the actor condition "Minor fatigue" (gives 2 Attack cost and 2 Move cost penalty; reduces Attack damage by 1) to the player for 3 rounds.
Is this intended to work on the player?
I first assumed the attacked monster should be minor fatigued.
Oskar could you please comment on this? IMO the weapon is a little bit weak like this.
Green wrote:Regeneration given by the skill does not display an actor condition icon in the same way that regeneration from the ring does. Not a bug at all but I liked seeing the regeneration icon and it may be ages before I find a ring on my new characters.
Currently the actor condition regeneration is not stackable. So it cannot be used.
However perhaps this should be changed. I would also like to see the same +1 effect and the icon to the bottom right.
Green wrote:Again, not a bug, but a feature request. With all the new shop items I have a much larger inventory than before. Would it be possible to implement a 'sort inventory by type' button so that all rings were put together, all armour together, all weapons together etc so that it is easier to compare them please?
Nice idea.
Bornain wrote:I am assuming that the bleeding wound condition is the only condition that can be stacked?
Currently yes.
tek wrote:So if you skill-up the "Combat Speed" once, shouldn't the "Unequipped combat statistics(base)" read "11" for the "Max AP"?
No. Oskar already stated in this thread, that "Unequipped combat statistics" should be renamed to "Unchanged or Base combat statistics".
mirajp1 wrote:how to go to loneford? cant find a way there?
Just head north between fallheaven and crossglen.
Pyrizzle wrote:I started a character from scratch with the new update to test from the start.

When starting The quest from Jan to kill Irogotu he asks "Really? You think you could help? hm, maybe you could. Beware of those bugs though, they're really tuff basterds. if you really want to help, go find Irogotu down in the cave, and get me back Gandir's ring"
My 3 options:
-Sure
-Backround
-Bye
Sorry, I can't find the bug in this.

Code: Select all

{tinlyn_story_1|Hello there. You wounldn\'t happen to want to help an old shepherd do you?|||{{What\'s the problem?|tinlyn_story_2||||}}|};
should be "wouldn\'t"

Tried to reproduce the 12 bells thing but failed.

ii hv not done the BW quests till now..

i know the road bt cant go there.
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

I jumped right on to Alpha 3 and installed it. Now when I start the program, I only get as far as the start screen. Either loading an old game or starting a new one results in resources being loaded for a little while, then I am returned to the start screen again.

Browsing the system log reveals that I have run out of memory: "Out of memory: Heap Size=10375KB, Allocated=7779KB, Bitmap Size=6006KB"

Device: HTC Hero, Stock rom 2.1-update1 (rooted). I guess it has a smaller heap size limit than later phones. A full log is available on request as I don't think it's so useful.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Is the boss at the end of the snake cave suppost to have a critical hit chance of 100%?

He seems a lil overpowered to be dropping the Nerfed venomous dagger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moe
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by moe »

i stillhave the big waspwing in my inventory...
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Pyrizzle wrote:Is the boss at the end of the snake cave suppost to have a critical hit chance of 100%?

He seems a lil overpowered to be dropping the Nerfed venomous dagger.
With a damage of 1-4? The average damage would be: 7.5 damage (if he gets a hit)
I really like bosses that are though enough to die from them.
Before they were very weak.
(my opinion)
moe wrote:i stillhave the big waspwing in my inventory...
This is intended.
You may give hadracor 5 or 6 big waspwing to complete the quest.
I guess you gave 5. ;-)
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

I don't know if this is because of the new update but I just went to BWM too look if there is something new, there is again the agent at the entrance of the collapsed mine and the graverobber is also back in action. So I killed him got the family dagger a second time, couldn't lay it back because I already did it and therefore gave it to fulus. Now there are both ways noted as solved in my questlog.
Edit: All Persons in BWM are back, I have two shadows of the slayer :) I will look at all the other places tomorrow
Last edited by Gottkaiser on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Oskar,

Found another typo. This one however is an old one see as its in Villgard. A lot of the villagers say "seeyou".
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I read on the issue tracker that saved game files can have descriptions now. Did that make it into the 0.6.10 version? If so, how is this done?
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

tek wrote:I read on the issue tracker that saved game files can have descriptions now. Did that make it into the 0.6.10 version? If so, how is this done?
This is currently not available. Oskar is considering to include it.
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/i ... ail?id=247
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Green
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Green »

(testing with Alpha 2, but I imagine it still exists in alpha 3)

The guards and patrol captain in the foaming flask tavern still have a conversation option asking if they have seen Rincel even after I have completed the Rincel quest.
Shouldn't be a conversation option after the quest is completed.

The update is really great!!