Looking forward at v0.6.11

Discussions of the development process of the game.
logopile
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Looking forward at v0.6.11

Post by logopile »

i mean that you could raise it on any level-up you chose, rather than having to do it every fourth level. assuming you met the level rquirement or prerequisites for that particular skill.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

logopile wrote:i mean that you could raise it on any level-up you chose, rather than having to do it every fourth level. assuming you met the level rquirement or prerequisites for that particular skill.
I think that allowing the player to skill-up on ever level-up is way to much and would quickly unbalance the game.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
logopile

Post by logopile »

again; you can only skill up as much as the game allows anyway. allowing me one opportunity to speed up advancing one Skill is not going to unbalance anything. 5 levels of Barkskin is 5 levels of Barkskin.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

or even, add a fifth option to the level up screen to add a skill rather than one of the current options? just thinking...
Antison

Post by Antison »

logopile wrote:again; you can only skill up as much as the game allows anyway. allowing me one opportunity to speed up advancing one Skill is not going to unbalance anything. 5 levels of Barkskin is 5 levels of Barkskin.
True to some extent. It depends on what level your currently at and where in the world you are at will dictate if you are overpowered. Example, if you are fighting ants or beatles and are say level 7, having bark skin at 5 is unbalanced.
last_pawn
android_version: 4.0

Post by last_pawn »

This is a great thread, heaps of awesome ideas. Here are my votes.

HIGHEST PRIORITY 1. More complexity in the combat system. Ranged combat. Options of varying type of attack, i.e. more damage for lower chance of hitting (such as a head shot). ps I don't like the idea of automatically drinking potions and auto hitting until you get hit back. The former is not realistic and the latter would not be desired if the combat engine was more interesting.

2. Training Establishments. Maybe the next few points would suit a larger city but it'd be great to have a safe (no death or potions required) place to train for particular skills or characteristics. We know that certain abilities are required to find Andor. Examples would be the Barracks, Thieves Guild, Tavern Fights, Archery Range etc. All of these establishments could host competitions to challenge players of any level.

3. Lore Centres. It'd be nice to have a place to research local creatures, terrain maps, notable people etc. Examples are Libraries, Town Hall Clerk, The Old Guy's Shack, the idea is a place to research to a greater degree in the game, thus creating more realism and [sometimes] certainty for us and a repository for our greater knowledge for the poor adventurers who don't use the forum.

4. Crafting Shops. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a customised item. Weather you need your Steel Sword sharpened, a custom glove to show off your RoLS or new red boots, I think we would all enjoy visiting a Smithy. Perhaps you need the local scribe to copy the details of a cave you've recently visited onto your map? (see my point on Maps) There would need to be strict restrictions on the capabilities of item crafter, but the seed is already planted for custom items with Bonemeal Potions, Woodcutters and Heartsteel. I thinks it's time to have the ability to ask the Shopkeepers and Smiths already in the game, to make custom items both in ability and design.

5. Maps. I love your idea for a world map Oskar, but could you please make us earn it? I would like to carry only one map and buy, or earn additions to it when I enter a new land. If Mikhail kept one in his chest to cover the road to Fallhaven, without detail on the snake or rat cave, that'd be real.

5. Any additions to the script must not increase lag. There's nothing worse than the worlds most complex RPG that takes an hour to cross a bridge. There are so many more great ideas floating around our heads I hope the good ones get released to the game before V 1.0
Commander of the Archer's of the Frog

Level: 50, Gold: 65269 WA 1 D 1 BS 1 CS 2 QL 1 IF 3 R 2 MF 1
Level: 25, Gold: 7940 QL 2 IF 2 MF 2

RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0. Combined!
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

logopile wrote:again; you can only skill up as much as the game allows anyway. allowing me one opportunity to speed up advancing one Skill is not going to unbalance anything. 5 levels of Barkskin is 5 levels of Barkskin.
I don't seem to understand what you're saying then. Are you suggesting that instead of a normal level up choice (AC, AD, BC, HP) you could instead level up one of your skills? And you don't see how that's unbalanced? Everyone would level up skills every level instead of every 4. Limits or not, you are getting way more than you're supposed to way faster than you should.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

phydeaux wrote:or even, add a fifth option to the level up screen to add a skill rather than one of the current options? just thinking...
or possibly spending an XP level for a fraction of a skill?
(you would have to choose "skill" more than once to get one skill...
like, say... four levels?

my opinion? ...skills are the most crucial part of any given build.
i believe that they should be "somewhat" difficult to attain...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote: my opinion? ...skills are the most crucial part of any given build.
i believe that they should be "somewhat" difficult to attain...
+1
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

+1 to nyktos :)