AT on Blackberry Playbook

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: 0.6.15 on bb pb

Post by DarkSavant13 »

paole wrote:its not updated on bb pb. Ill wait until a developer put the updated version on bb app world but t then ill grind my level and items. im sorry i cant go on with my quest like other players, i need to stop first for questing and head for leveling until a developer put the updated version of the game in bb app world. hoping that it real soon. :cry:
THE real developers of Andor's Trail have nothing to do with the Andor's Trail found on bb pb except for the source code. Any updates made, or not made, are the responsibility of Sergey Gagarin. Any talk of updates and problems with the game need to be emailed to [email protected]. Since Sergey doesn't seem to think he should openly disclose that he has modified Oscar's source code so that it could be used in Playbook in the game's description, I can see how things could be confusing.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
paole wrote:its not updated on bb pb. Ill wait until a developer put the updated version on bb app world but t then ill grind my level and items. im sorry i cant go on with my quest like other players, i need to stop first for questing and head for leveling until a developer put the updated version of the game in bb app world. hoping that it real soon. :cry:
THE real developers of Andor's Trail have nothing to do with the Andor's Trail found on bb pb except for the source code. Any updates made, or not made, are the responsibility of Sergey Gagarin. Any talk of updates and problems with the game need to be emailed to [email protected]. Since Sergey doesn't seem to think he should openly disclose that he has modified Oscar's source code so that it could be used in Playbook in the game's description, I can see how things could be confusing.
I explained our position on people posting about any version of AT here on the forums in a post above.

You can also PM him here on the forums. His username is infsega, he actually has commented in this thread.

He has done what you all asked if you look http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore ... 7/?lang=en A link back to the forums or project page from the appworld store page would be nice but he has been very accommodating.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

I think it should also be on the main page because most people aren't as likely to click his name as people like you or I are and it leads to confusion. As an example, I haven't clicked his name since the first time I went there so had no idea he had added the tribute to Oskar there, so those that never click the name may never know of it. You can still see the confusion in the posts here, about udates, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled many shades of pink that those with Playbook can play AT. I love the fact that people love AT enough to port it for other people that don't have Android can play. I just wish the confusion of the players could be avoided, and one way to do that would be to change the description on the main page to say that Sergey is the only one responsible for updates to the Playbook version of the game and they should email him with any problems.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

we have more than enough of a presence here on the Forums to keep up with the current influx of bb pb members

:lol:

if there's ever any serious confusion, it will be resolved swiftly.

;)

no worries!

[ THREAD TITLE CHANGED FOR CLARITY ]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I think it should also be on the main page because most people aren't as likely to click his name as people like you or I are and it leads to confusion. As an example, I haven't clicked his name since the first time I went there so had no idea he had added the tribute to Oskar there, so those that never click the name may never know of it. You can still see the confusion in the posts here, about udates, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled many shades of pink that those with Playbook can play AT. I love the fact that people love AT enough to port it for other people that don't have Android can play. I just wish the confusion of the players could be avoided, and one way to do that would be to change the description on the main page to say that Sergey is the only one responsible for updates to the Playbook version of the game and they should email him with any problems.
+1
I could not agree more :!:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

nyktos wrote:we have more than enough of a presence here on the Forums to keep up with the current influx of bb pb members

:lol:

if there's ever any serious confusion, it will be resolved swiftly.

;)

no worries!
Not worried, just thinkin' about the players. Better to be proactive than reactive in my opinion. ;) Figured it was better to do what we can now before it does become too much of an issue, and set a precedent for what we would like others that may create ports to do. :)
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: AT on Blackberry Playbook

Post by nyktos »

i agree that a link to the project page would be pleasant...

:D

touched up the first post a little too.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Good work nyktos! :mrgreen: Looks so fresh and so clean now
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
infsega

Post by infsega »

tek wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:I think it should also be on the main page because most people aren't as likely to click his name as people like you or I are and it leads to confusion. As an example, I haven't clicked his name since the first time I went there so had no idea he had added the tribute to Oskar there, so those that never click the name may never know of it. You can still see the confusion in the posts here, about udates, etc.

+1
akha, and where shall I add something like "please, don't ever try to ask anything on official AT forum because people are being stucked with questions regarding PB version"?
BTW I already did it!
App World isn't "main" page because NOBODY VISIT it AFTER they downloaded the game.
You already seen the about screen, and there are two "official" sites for the port: facebook page and vk page. But people (almost) didn't visit them because they use Google instead! And google refers to andorstrail.com! strage, isn't it?
So the single solution is to to SEOed my facebook page to be first on "Andor's Trail" googling %)
Sorry, but I cannot such possibilities.

Just removed AT from AppWorld to make Android users happy. AppWorld site and search will be updated in ~24 hours.

@paole
Use apk2bar converters and DDPB instead of AppWorld. There will be no major issues.

Best regards.
paole
android_version: 4.0

Post by paole »

infsega wrote:
tek wrote:

+1
akha, and where shall I add something like "please, don't ever try to ask anything on official AT forum because people are being stucked with questions regarding PB version"?
BTW I already did it!
App World isn't "main" page because NOBODY VISIT it AFTER they downloaded the game.
You already seen the about screen, and there are two "official" sites for the port: facebook page and vk page. But people (almost) didn't visit them because they use Google instead! And google refers to andorstrail.com! strage, isn't it?
So the single solution is to to SEOed my facebook page to be first on "Andor's Trail" googling %)
Sorry, but I cannot such possibilities.

Just removed AT from AppWorld to make Android users happy. AppWorld site and search will be updated in ~24 hours.

@paole
Use apk2bar converters and DDPB instead of AppWorld. There will be no major issues.

Best regards.

You should not remove it, other players including me is waiting for the next update of the version to be released on our devices. Some of them are not using this forum. They will not know that they are waiting for nothing.

Where do bbpb players download their andors trail? How will they know how to convert apk2bar? You should also think about other players who is enjoying and loves this game.

You will not resolve the issue by removing it. Think of the other players not just android device users, you should think all of the players. Android user, pc user or even bbpb users. Update is what players needed.
lvl: 40
exp: 1188121
gold: 61270
ap: 3
ac: 246%
ad: 29-35
cc: 27%
cm: 3
ecc: 18%
bc: 51%
dr: 1

RoL: 1