AP Rollover

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Re: AP Rollover

Post by Fire7051 »

Pyrizzle wrote:in this scenario you would move into combat with the Big NPC from being out of range. The smaller one wouldn't be powerful enough to cause any serious Heath concerns.

I do see what you are saying
AP rollover would have to work like cleave as soon as combat ends you would start the next encounter with your starting AP not with the added AP. So that would kill that kind of abuse.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Thanks fire, that is what I had meant. I don't really think this is that important though. I am strong enough with 2 builds to go everywhere without healing except when I get mobbed in the spider cave. (Hopefully that will change with 7.0)

However I think it is something that should be discussed none the less.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

Pyrizzle wrote:there are still ways to abuse it.

Lets say you are in a room and there are 2 NPCs, one lil rat and one big baddy, you could start the fight with the rat and keep skipping turns to build up AP then move into battle with the Big Baddy and have a huge AP bonus already.

As long as the 2 NPCs are close enough to each other you could use the one to gain ap to attack the other.

Why would ap roll over be converted for the next battle? Cleave left over ap is not so why would you think someone would allow rollover ap for a new fight later? How could it be "abused"? I'm missing it. If someone ends turn and saves their ap they are taking rounds of damage and attacks possibly conditions ect. What possible benefit could it serve to take rounds of attacks for extra ap on the next round? Especially if you saved up more than 1 round of attack and ended the fight having not used it? That makes no sense to me. Unless by abuse you mean that the player will abuse themselves
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Xero, he had assumed that it would carry over from one battle to the next, just a misunderstanding.

Xero
android_version: 2.2

Post by Xero »

Cleave doesn't so why all the sudden would roll over ap?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Xero wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:there are still ways to abuse it.

Lets say you are in a room and there are 2 NPCs, one lil rat and one big baddy, you could start the fight with the rat and keep skipping turns to build up AP then move into battle with the Big Baddy and have a huge AP bonus already.

As long as the 2 NPCs are close enough to each other you could use the one to gain ap to attack the other.

Why would ap roll over be converted for the next battle? Cleave left over ap is not so why would you think someone would allow rollover ap for a new fight later? How could it be "abused"? I'm missing it. If someone ends turn and saves their ap they are taking rounds of damage and attacks possibly conditions ect. What possible benefit could it serve to take rounds of attacks for extra ap on the next round? Especially if you saved up more than 1 round of attack and ended the fight having not used it? That makes no sense to me. Unless by abuse you mean that the player will abuse themselves
I think you didn't get what i was saying.
X= NPC1 (the rat)
Y= NPC2 (The big baddy)
P= Player
0= Empty space

--Begining: Fighting only NPC1, but still one movement away from NPC2
P0000
X0Y00

--After a few turns you build up AP while fighting NPC1, you move into combat with NPC2
0P0000
X0Y00

you would be able to build up AP w/o ever leaving combat. I never said anything about it carrying out of one battle into another. I'm sorry i didn't make it a lil clearer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PK17

Post by PK17 »

Ahhh, okay that makes sense, I understand

However, could it be made so that flee/move restarts the ap rollover cycle?

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

PK17 wrote:Ahhh, okay that makes sense, I understand

However, could it be made so that flee/move restarts the ap rollover cycle?
That would work well for the current version but in V7 when some of the NPCs move to you in combat that would be overpowered still, you wouldn't have to move.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

PK17

Post by PK17 »

They could also be moving away from you out of reach.