Quest related Questions and Help!!!!!

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Re: Quest related Questions and Help!!!!!

Post by Fire7051 »

Nolanne wrote:Hey guys!
I’m new here, and hope that my question hasn’t been put a hundred times. :)
I’d like to ask for help with the quest „Flows through the veins”, although I think that there’s no way to change what happened or what I did. So:
First off welcome to the forums. Ok so we have all made the mistake of doing something in the game that we did not mean to do and have had to create a secondary character (I have 4). I would suggest just to roll with it and to start maybe two more characters. I would recommend building a blank character that has no quests completed that can be your final character. The other character would be there for you to experiment with the other paths that you didn't chose on the first one.

If that does not sound appealing to you then I would always suggest to reload a previous save if you made a choice that you aren't quite happy with. I hope that helps.

Again welcome to the forums.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Nolanne
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Nolanne »

Fire7051 wrote: Ok so we have all made the mistake of doing something in the game that we did not mean to do and have had to create a secondary character (I have 4). I would suggest just to roll with it and to start maybe two more characters. I would recommend building a blank character that has no quests completed that can be your final character. The other character would be there for you to experiment with the other paths that you didn't chose on the first one.

If that does not sound appealing to you then I would always suggest to reload a previous save if you made a choice that you aren't quite happy with. I hope that helps.
Thank you!
Yes, I've considered too starting a new character for this, but after the first experience of discovering I'm afraid it'd be a bit monotonic unfortunately... But now that you mentioned, perhaps it's interesting to play with the characters that are opposites of each other in some way.

Otherwise I wanted to congratulate! The game is perfect, it runs perfectly, trustwothly, it's fast, no fears of incoming calls, or when I have to quit suddenly, I always know that I can continue exactly where I stopped.
The story is fascinating, from the very firs moment I can't stop it, can't wait to have some free time for playing (probably I'd find a second character boring exactly because I have been playing for one week day and night? :))
It's a beautiful instence, that 3D and fine graphics are not everything, are not what makes the enjoyable game! (I mean they are great, but not always enough.)
Thank you and congratulations again!
anvil
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by anvil »

how do you manage dual characters? i know how to save,but you cannot rename saved games. do you copy them to another folder and rename them? i would like to see the option to name saved games.

hope this is in the right place. if not please feel free to move it
Meirerion

Post by Meirerion »

anvil wrote:how do you manage dual characters? i know how to save,but you cannot rename saved games. do you copy them to another folder and rename them? i would like to see the option to name saved games.

When you go to the "load game" page you can see your character's name, lvl, xp and money.
To create a new character just save your current character, go back to the main menu and then click on "new game". You just have to enter another name to find your character easier.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
only1doug

Post by only1doug »

Meirerion wrote:
anvil wrote:how do you manage dual characters? i know how to save,but you cannot rename saved games. do you copy them to another folder and rename them? i would like to see the option to name saved games.

When you go to the "load game" page you can see your character's name, lvl, xp and money.
To create a new character just save your current character, go back to the main menu and then click on "new game". You just have to enter another name to find your character easier.
I think Meirerion's concern is with the danger of overwriting one or other character when saving, as if you are actively using 2 characters you could save one to the wrong slot and wipe out the other.

IMO (In My Opinion) the best way would be to keep backing them up from the save game folder to specifically named sub folders (making sure that you don't wipe out your good backup with an overwrite error). When you copy the save game files for this backup you can rename them, but you'll have to rename them back to the standard naming convention if you want Andor's Trail to load them.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

only1doug wrote:
Meirerion wrote:

I think Meirerion's concern is with the danger of overwriting one or other character when saving, as if you are actively using 2 characters you could save one to the wrong slot and wipe out the other.

IMO (In My Opinion) the best way would be to keep backing them up from the save game folder to specifically named sub folders (making sure that you don't wipe out your good backup with an overwrite error). When you copy the save game files for this backup you can rename them, but you'll have to rename them back to the standard naming convention if you want Andor's Trail to load them.
There are "confirm overwriting savegames" options in the option/preferenses menu. There are some other nice options too .. ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Meirerion

Post by Meirerion »

Sarumar wrote:
only1doug wrote:
There are "confirm overwriting savegames" options in the option/preferenses menu. There are some other nice options too .. ;)
I have no concerns, just answering anvil's question ;).

@Sarumar: But still there's no "have a cookie" option. I want my money back.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Meirerion wrote:
Sarumar wrote:
only1doug wrote:
I have no concerns, just answering anvil's question ;).

@Sarumar: But still there's no "have a cookie" option. I want my money back.
:lol: ... bro it is there... you only need to go in to the cave x X and your money is back to your pocket :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
anvil

Post by anvil »

Thanks, all. I have subfolders in the main save folder. Seems to work for me
Gecq
android_version: 4.0

Post by Gecq »

I have found an amulet. It is a quest item which is named Lleglaris' amulet. I know it's a NPC in the game but I forgot where he or she might be found. Any hints?