Alpha test v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by Bornain »

Not sure if this is intended, but earlier in the game you had to choose a side with many of the quests. But with this alpha release, there is opportunity to do a lot of double crossing.

For example -
I put bells on the sheep then killed them. Got both awards. (it may have an affect in later releases) Usually if you took one side, the ability to pick the second option is lost. I.e. dagger quest near prim, Vacor and Unzel. Etc.

This next one does seem more of a plot.
Delivering swords to foaming tavern, and the group of bandits, either side with Feygard or double cross Feygard by secretly helping Nor City. We didn't get the opportunity to do that with prim and BWM.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

This has happened to me twice now, so it's reproducible.
When I sell 20 Izthel claws to Gauward, it says I gained 2 items, but doesn't tell me what they are.
I thought it was because loot display was off, but I tried it with loot display on too.
I have tried selling 5 and 10 claws and there is no message saying that I gained 2 items.
Last edited by Antison on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
mirajp1

Post by mirajp1 »

also,
after doing the flagstone prisons quest.
while entering the cave in the basment it still pops up a messege that this cave must be dug out by a prisoner.
i think it shud be removed after the quest.
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Doom

Post by Doom »

tek wrote:This has happened to me twice now, so it's reproducible.
When I sell 20 Izthel claws to Gauward, it says I gained 2 items, but doesn't tell me what they are.
I thought it was because loot display was off, but I tried it with loot display on too.
I have tried selling 5 and 10 claws and there is no message saying that I gained 2 items.
I think the items were regular potions of health. But I'm not sure. BTW. The Alpha 2/3 release seemed solid to me. I finished the new quests far too quickly.
Level: 48 | XP: 1,978,877 | HP: 99 | AP: 12

Attack Cost: 3 | Attack Chance: 200% | Attack Damage: 21-22
Critical Hit Chance: 49% | CM: 3.75 | BC: 90% | DR: 1
Gold: 33,251
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Doom wrote:
tek wrote:This has happened to me twice now, so it's reproducible.
I think the items were regular potions of health. But I'm not sure. BTW. The Alpha 2/3 release seemed solid to me. I finished the new quests far too quickly.
You are right, it is the regular health postion. This is way to subtle! Should be told what the two items are.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nero

Post by Nero »

Hey Guys!

Awesome that we are almost done with the next release for the great game Andors Trail!
I was super excited to try out the Alpha Version of the release but....
Unfortunatly I played it for like less then 5 seconds and already I came across the same bug as I reported the last time and that would be the Regeneration from RoLS.
Character lags while Regeneration occurs and screen sometimes turn black when switching maps/rooms. The monsters sometimes become duplicates and also the character.
And so on, the full report is out there :D

To me this is a MAJOR Game Experience killer for me. Tho I sure as hell wont even think about taking of my RoLS because of the superior advantage from it :D
So I would really appreciate it if this bug is fixed by the time this version is released to the Android Market :)
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Oskar,

Man, where has the time gone? It seems like it was only last week that you were commenting on the pending work and upcoming release of Andor's Trail v0.6.10a. Well, I truly apologize for losing track of time (this is a problem of mine). As a result, I only downloaded and installed AndorsTrail_v0.6.10a3.apk early yesterday morning. Prior to this, I performed my usual game save file backup process using ES File Explorer (thought I'd mention them by name as they also produce a fine, fully functional, free, ad free app).

Naturally, the first thing I did a upon successfully loading my game save file, was to check out all of the enhancements to the user interface as well as the new skill system. I spent a fair amount of time attempting to balance my distribution of points for creating my skill set. Noticing that there were some stat changes to some of the items in my inventory I decided to visit all of the merchants first. This also allowed me to test out the new multiple item buy/sell feature, which serves its purpose well. I picked up a few of the new items offered through the merchants, but mostly appreciated not having to spend an insane amount of time selling my considerable collection of gems, empty vials, excetera, on an individual basis as I would have had to prior to this implementation.

Although you offered a descriptive itemization of all of the new features, enhancements, and bug fixes, once I experienced it, I felt that it exceeded my expectations. The way everything has been designed, laid out, and implemented is truly impressive, especially considering that it is not only graphically pleasing, but it functions properly. You've really covered a lot of ground since the video review of Andor's Trail. I believe that a little further down the road, we should check in with our friends over at XDA Developers to see if they might be interested in doing a follow up video review.

The closest that I can come to offering a personal opinion in regard to the release as a whole, would be more in regard to what makes its way into a new release; its storyline development, new quests, continuation of current quests, map completion, etc. It's similar to piecing a puzzle together. Sometimes your looking for a specific piece, but in the process, you run across one that you know where it belongs, so you place it. It all counts towards the completion of the big picture.

Given the fact that I haven't been able to dedicate much time to actual gameplay, I really haven't encountered a great deal of significant issues. I have attempted to compile detailed notes of my findings while I play. I will offer what I have so far in a later post, once I've had a chance to type it up. For the most part, I wanted to offer this much as a summary of my initial experience, and offer my thanks, appreciation, and congratulations to you, your team, and all fellow adventurers, who have brought this game to its current state of excellence. :)
One of even fewer...
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Fellow adventurers,

For those of you who are field testing this release, and experience or encounter an abnormality that you find yourself unable to reproduce, please consider the following; during the time Andor's Trail is essentially loading, i.e., you see the "loading resources" activity window, take care not to change the orientation of your device from portrait to landscape, or vice versa. In doing so, you may very well experience a flaw that is not exclusive to Andor's Trail, where apparently, according to my own personal observation, your game save file data is usually loaded correctly in its entirety, at least to the extent that all of your previous stats and inventory are currently reflected accurately. However, what you are most likely to see, is previous NPC's that you eliminated appearing back from the dead. While you may have the opportunity to pick up a second Stone Cuirass, as I did from my experience, the game save file you create next may very well be of questionable integrity, causing you great distress during later game play.

Many Android apps have had their own issues with simple form field data retention when changing orientation. Their code had to be amended to compensate for the source of this problem, which if I remember correctly from articles that I read, the responsibility mostly fell on Google's Android OS limitations. There may also have been some reference to Motorola's contribution. My original smart phone was a Motorola Droid, and my current device, a Droid 3. Whether it's either, or, or both, is immaterial as Google, who produces the Android OS, has now purchased Motorola. So, at any rate, one day off in the not too distant future (fingers crossed), this "compatibility" issue will be resolved.

If any of you should decide to play around or experiment with changing your device's orientation during the loading resources process, to see what kind of mess you can create just for fun, please take the precautionary measures of verifying you have your game save files backed up. Older devices should have the easiest time at reproducing this as they require slightly more time to complete the "loading resources" process.

I truly hope that this post is either of, benefit to someone, enlightening, or at the very least, an entertaining read.
One of even fewer...
qasur

Post by qasur »

When I loaded 6.10.a3 it was ok, but when i go to load a game, after "loading resources" it goes back to load character screen.
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

qasur,

For your benefit, would you please clarify if your post was a comment on an attempt you made regarding my post, or are you reporting what you believe to be a bug preventing you from normally playing the game from loading a game save file?
One of even fewer...