Looking forward at v0.6.11

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Looking forward at v0.6.11

Post by Bornain »

I agree, skills should be hard to obtain. I sometimes look at my level and think, "I have to go two more levels before I can upgrade my skill. I want to do it now". But I think the waiting and earning it is worth it.

+1 to Nyktos
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Post by ncer »

I just wrote something up about a Clone / Shapeshifter like monster in another topic. I think it may be a good suggestion for future releases of the game. Rather than repeat it all here, let me just link you there: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 325#p11325

The basic idea is that such a monster can copy chracteristics from other monsters and/or Andor.
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Andor's brother??

If I had to fight a copy of my, I'd be scared... But as long as I went first, I think I'd have a shot. I'd hope that the experience gained would be worth it.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

+1 for the shapeshifter idea! That would be a cool addition
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
logopile

Post by logopile »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
logopile wrote:again; you can only skill up as much as the game allows anyway. allowing me one opportunity to speed up advancing one Skill is not going to unbalance anything. 5 levels of Barkskin is 5 levels of Barkskin.
I don't seem to understand what you're saying then. Are you suggesting that instead of a normal level up choice (AC, AD, BC, HP) you could instead level up one of your skills? And you don't see how that's unbalanced? Everyone would level up skills every level instead of every 4. Limits or not, you are getting way more than you're supposed to way faster than you should.
you can only choose one skill to use in this manner, and you still have to meet the prerequisites for that skill. take barkskin; you have to have a certain base level of BC for every level of barkskin, right? this wouldn't let you get around that. some skills would obviously benefit more than others, so you'd have to choose the one skill you wanted to ramp up carefully.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2.9M, Gold: 328095, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 122, AC: 177%, AD: 22-23, AP: 3/12, CC: 49%, CM: 3.75, BC: 146%, DR:0
rocks: 1749
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

Wait, you can only choose one skill to level as an available choice during level up?
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

I'd like to second and expand on an earlier post (sorry for not digging out and quoting) about adding quests that involve existing NPCs. I envision something like the player attaining sufficient reputation that now more people seek him out for help. I mean, a few people will ask help from a kid from the country, but alot more will ask a known hero who has achieved quests and garnered magical seapons and armor! And though we generally don't see NPCs travel, we can imagine that word of quests gets around.

This could partly be used as a device for "infill" ... Adding low to mid level quests to enable the early character to avoid having to repeatedly slash through the snake cave and the like, trying to get a few HP and gold for his first good armor. But it could also involve launching higher level quests. Maybe now that Bucus sees what you can do, he has a choice item he'd like to "acquire" from the master of the thieves guild in Nor City, and so on.

I picture this "reputation" as being a function of level, number and difficulty of quests completed, and possession of unique items. In some cases, it could support the storyline that the new interaction also requires that a specific other quest has been achieved.

Harder to do would be for the new "quest offers" to be also a function of who you've sided with .. From Vacor/Unzel to Prim/BWMS to Feygard/Nor City, as those storylines unfold. We would have to balance opportunities that are offered one or another allegiance. Or do we? This idea could be further expanded to a simple "alignment" .. lawful, neutral, chaotic. People bring noble tasks to a noble warrior, but dirty work is offered to the kind of guy who graverobs daggers and slaughters sheep for fun and profit.

However much of this trend is actually implemented, it would require going back and talking with people in the towns (or out camping) on a semi regular basis, to see if you have achieved enough to suddenly be presented another task to achieve.

I think adding this kind of depth could help shift the emphasis back from grinding to actual role-playing. After all, RPG doesn't stand for Rat Pulverizing Game.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Just wanted to point out that the last 2 releases were were released roughly 4 months apart from each other. Going by this and the fact that the last release was 10/21, I am guessing we have 5 more weeks of waiting. :(
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the wait will be worth it!!!
MOST android RPG's are a flippin TRAGEDY...
AT is head & shoulders above the rest. (imo)
the ones with flashy graphics & music just get boring and i stop caring.

it seems the best android games are made by working folks...
making fun games in their time off - and listening to players feedback.
[there is only one other RPG development team that fits into my prior statement]
and i have been scouring the market, trust me :lol:

i think its funny when i stop playing a game that looks to belong on a DS or a PSP
and come back to AT (or other indie android games with less audio visual "flair")
its ALL about content and passion - not pumping out pretty looking junk games & charging $ too?!

my point is, i cant wait for more AT content!!!
and i have alot of respect for everyone who contributes - again, thanks for the hard work!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I am guessing that we have 3 more weeks until the release of v0.6.11. This is purely speculation based off the fact that the last two releases have been 4 months apart, so that makes the date February 19th.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"