Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Ideas for The Meeting... (July 8th)

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Last edited by DarkSavant13 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

As far as helping to avoid new players running into hard areas easy, what about just a little warning sign? a cute little sign hastily drawn on some spare beast hide and staked in the ground with a stick, written in blood from the last squishy adventuerer who stumbled past, saying *DANGER!*

Also, Long press a save file on the load/save screen gives the following options. Load/Copy/Delete. Copy does exactly that, creates a new save file with the current progress, directly below. this helps for keeping save files in order, instead of creating one at the bottom underneath the rest of my stuff where I will just forget what the purpose of it was. (was it in case I don't like an item I bought? was it a quest i want to make sure I don't answer/do wrong or I want to be able to try a different path for?)

Along those lines, being able to rename the title of the save file would be epically awesome. instead of my character name and current xp/gold, being able to long press that and rename it some how?

also, you have a warning for saving over a different character name profile. You need a confirm option for saving over previous saves of the SAME character. I have saved over a file I meant to keep a prior backup. Players have to make their own save backups and keep updating for this reason. it would be nice if we got a warning. not necessarily that it would know you're not saving on the same profile you're playing from, that would just be a code nightmare, but just a Save-Yes/No with the current file i have clicked has an outline around it?

On the Google Play description of the game, the recent updates area says the new skills added 1 hidden. there's a hidden skill? can we get some clue on how to get it/what it is?
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

+1 Like the idea for the signs, but I think the sign should say more like, *As you brush the cobwebs off of the moldy sign, you can barely make out the words...*"Dang_r! Fangorn F_rest! Bewa_e th_ Spid__s!"

I think it would be awesome if some of the areas were named like that. :D Like when going into a spooky forest, down an overgrown path, or when entering a damp cave. :twisted:

+1 to the saving suggestions, nice ideas there. :)
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

One more thing. Allowing a one time skill reallocation is great but one hitch. Fortitide skill. Whaylt if someone had it, did the reset, did not reget it. Do they keep/lose those hp? What if they didnt have it, it wont work retroactively so you never get the benefit of it without restarting.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

reddevil wrote:One more thing. Allowing a one time skill reallocation is great but one hitch. Fortitide skill. Whaylt if someone had it, did the reset, did not reget it. Do they keep/lose those hp? What if they didnt have it, it wont work retroactively so you never get the benefit of it without restarting.
+1 Good point. I would think that everything would have to work retroactively, and if you had fortitude but don't get it again you lose the HP. BUT, in that case it would work the opposite way, Fortitude could give you tons of points as if you started it at lvl5.

I'm seeing a problem here. Have you guys figured that in?
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

+1 to being able to rename save files. I can't even do this in the file editor right now because it expects a certain naming convention and won't show any save files that I've renamed in the loading screen.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Piggy the Slayer

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

If you make skill decisions they should be final. I've made poor skill choices epecially choosing criticals which I no longer use. There maybe lots of choices we have made in this game that will come back to haunt us. Lets face it most of us have slurped a bucket load of bonemeal potions and they are outlawed.. will there be a price to pay?

I wonder who (over level 10) has not used bonemeal???
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

I don't. not so far. was up to 17 suddenly decided to restart and not take a few stat point decisions i'd done that i didn't have prior save files. i still was using meats.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:If you make skill decisions they should be final. I've made poor skill choices epecially choosing criticals which I no longer use. There maybe lots of choices we have made in this game that will come back to haunt us. Lets face it most of us have slurped a bucket load of bonemeal potions and they are outlawed.. will there be a price to pay?

I wonder who (over level 10) has not used bonemeal???
+1 There are not any reason to give skillpoints back. ...Just start new game..

I have one build (lvl 84) who has not used bonemeal.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »