[closed]Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Official news about Andor's Trail.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Beta test version of Andor's Trail v0.7.2 is out!

Post by rijackson741 »

eldar healer wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 am
rijackson741 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 pm
eldar healer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 pm
ran the cave 5 times through still respawning...carry on?
You just need to kill a certain number, which you have certainly done by now. Maybe we need to change the wording Caeda's dialogue somewhat
maybe just a message that tells you when you have killed enough? Message could say something like" I have thinned out the trolls numbers.i should go see cards now".
We are working on a fix for this so that it's clearer what you have to do. Thanks for your feedback.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
BethelAbba
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by BethelAbba »

Zukero wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:50 pm Fellow adventurers, the wait was not in vain after all.

We are almost there.

After over 4 and a half years, we are almost ready to publish a new version of Andor's Trail to the wide world.

But before unleashing the beast to the masses, we want to give you a chance to test it first, and tell us what goes wrong, what feels wrong, and what you love the most in this upcoming version.

But before I give you the link you're waiting for, here are a couple of warnings. Make sure to read it, and to understand it!
  • DON'T OVERWRITE YOUR SAVES!
  • If you overwrite your save, the new save will be tainted as "beta", and unusable in the Google Play version. Just save to a new slot.
  • There's a known issue about the worldmap being incorrect or incomplete when using old saves. Just visit the area again to have it displayed correctly. I'm looking into what I can do about that.
  • If you have an alpha or F-Droid version installed, you'll have to uninstall it first. This beta version should install correctly over the Google Play version though.
  • If you had to uninstall before installing this one, make sure to check the "Preferences" screen in order to set them again to your liking.
  • Did I mention that you shall not overwrite your old saves ?
So, it's now time for me to give you THE LINK. Here it is: Andor's Trail version pre-0.7.2 beta 1 APK!

After downloading and installing (I'm assuming you know or will find how to do it, otherwise, it's probably a good idea to wait for the Google Play version), we'd like you to tell us how your exeprience was. Please include the following information too:
- Device brand and model (Samsung SM-G950 is more interesting than "Galaxy S8" for example).
- Your settings in "preferences".
- Your device's language.

What you can, and should, do:
- Try your old saves, report if any progress is lost, or any kind of weird stuff (like a unique NPC reappearing while it was dead in the GPlay version)
- Try a new game, progress as far as you can, and report any issues, bugs or weirdness.
- Torture the game as much as you like, and give some feedback!

Thanks a lot for waiting this long, and for all your support and encouraging messages.
This community is what keeps Andor's Trail alive, what keeps the dev team motivated.

Keep it up!
I wanna hug you.......
Alsa - Lvl:60, HP:174 AC:230%, AD:27-34 BC:174%, DR:4 BM used: 12 (Lodars)
Most Kills: Shdw Garg Mstr:3700(+3281 trnrs)
Gold:313,705 | HoF: 1 ChaR: 2
WA: 2, HH: 2, Clv: 2, IF: 3, Re: 3, MF: 2, DP: 2, LAP: 1, HAP: 1
BethelAbba

Post by BethelAbba »

It's going to be a while before I get to see the new content. Sadly, my last day of gameplay (3 days ago... It's teaching time again and I fear how much time I will have to invest in playing....) Left me at Lodar's buying potions. Now I have to backtrack the Green Maze before hunting for new content.

(A) thanks for the spoiler alerts. I am avoiding those comments like the plague.
(B) love the intro screen and new interface. Question:. Were the changes made because Oscar is no longer involved?
(C) others have praised it... I... Don't care for it. The new monster movement sucks. That is merely an opinion. Now it is FAR, FAR, FAR to easy for me to know when to pounce and gain the advantage of first attack.
(D) bug? Fighting Hrithal and bats... And I had a lag-spike. Never happened before, so it really caught me off guard. Got hit two or three times SIMULTANEOUSLY so that each message rode one on top of the other. Then, just as immediately, I gained not one but two +1 health bonus from my RoLS!!! Really weird

(E) ok, ok, ok,.... No overwriting OLD saves.... What about new ones?
(F). Running an Acer B3A40 tablet, Android 7.0.... Can't remember the other info you want. That will come in my next comment.

Still reading through the comments here... 6 more pages to catch up on.
Last edited by BethelAbba on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BethelAbba

Post by BethelAbba »

Hey!!!! That last post was my 100th comment!!! Only took 3 years!!!
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

BethelAbba wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 pm (B) love the intro screen and new interface. Question:. Were the changes made because Oscar is no longer involved?
They were changed because they are now better than they were. Oskar has of course not commented, but I would be surprised if he disagreed.
BethelAbba wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 pm (D) bug? Fighting Hrithal and bats... And I had a lag-spike. Never happened before, so it really caught me off guard. Got hit two or three times SIMULTANEOUSLY so that each message rode one on top of the other. Then, just as immediately, I gained not one but two +1 health bonus from my RoLS!!! Really weird
You are probably seeing two things here. One is that a round ends at end of combat, whereas before it did not. See here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5591. The other is a bug in the new monster movement. We know about it, but will not fix it for this release.
BethelAbba wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 pm (E) ok, ok, ok,.... No overwriting OLD saves.... What about new ones?
I'm not sure what you mean by a new save. Any savegame from the beta will not be compatible with the release version. If you want to overwrite a savegame from the beta with another savegame from the beta, sure. The only rule is don't overwrite savegames from a release version with ones from a beta version, unless you are willing to permanently lose the overwritten savegame.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

BethelAbba wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 pm (C) others have praised it... I... Don't care for it. The new monster movement sucks. That is merely an opinion. Now it is FAR, FAR, FAR to easy for me to know when to pounce and gain the advantage of first attack.
(D) bug? Fighting Hrithal and bats... And I had a lag-spike. Never happened before, so it really caught me off guard. Got hit two or three times SIMULTANEOUSLY so that each message rode one on top of the other. Then, just as immediately, I gained not one but two +1 health bonus from my RoLS!!! Really weird
For (C), you can disable animations in the preferences. This will save performance and battery, and avoid some bugs like (D), but you'll miss out on the combat animations too (the numbers that pop up of your character in red or blue), and all kinds of animations.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Zukero wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 am Urbain, your issue is different than the one we know. Could you please post your impacted save file and a screenshot of your worldmap?
Hey Zukero, sorry about the delay. Here they are
savegame5.txt
Screenshot_2018-09-11-18-14-05.png
The map is showing vast areas I haven't been to. There are a few quests now that I can't finish as they seem to be already done.

I hope these things help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
DanielS
VIP

Post by DanielS »

If You use this same hero's name that it may be something like I decribe some post earlier.
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

Completely new name. It's not close to anything I've used before... Betamax ;)
Last edited by Urbain on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

eldar healer wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 pm
Urbain wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm
Zukero wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 am Urbain, your issue is different than the one we know. Could you please post your impacted save file and a screenshot of your worldmap?
I will do that. It may be that my old Samsung Tab4 just can't handle the game?
It won't be your tablets ability urban. My old s3 could run this year's ago.
Perhaps it's a combination of my device and the beta as it stands at the moment?