v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Alpha test v0.6.10

Discussions of the development process of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Alpha test v0.6.10

Post by Pyrizzle »

i downloaded the newest version and it seems to run very choppy. The version from befor seemed to run alot better. Anyone else getting this same problem with the V0.6.10b2?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
qasur

Post by qasur »

Pyrizzle wrote:i downloaded the newest version and it seems to run very choppy. The version from befor seemed to run alot better. Anyone else getting this same problem with the V0.6.10b2?
I think the overall answer is "yes" to the choppyness. I think it all relates to trying to fix the Heap Size problem generated by the App.

Even after doing both graphic settings changes, it did change anything for me. All choppyness stayed the same.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

v0.6.10.a3 Bug Report - List 2:

After downloading and installing AndorsTrail_v0.6.10a3.apk, the following issues were discovered during game play on a Motorola Droid 3:

1) The road running North East behind the Crossroads guardhouse (at the top of the screen) has only the 2 middle tiles out of 4 as walkable. This is between the 2 sections of stone spire style fencing.

2) The end of combat, Victory dialog window needs a separation after each period, and before each new sentence (Perhaps due to tight grouping of text, this may only apply to the period between the 1st & 2nd sentence).

3) During conversation with Benbyr, while he explains his business with Tinlyn, he remarks: "As to the nature of our business, I can't really tell you. But (omit But) let's just say that our business was of the kind that it was be (omit be) benficial (should be: beneficial) for us both that the guards did not know about it."

4) During conversation with Gandoren, he states: "It all started a few days ago. As the story goes, someone found one of the farmers passed out on (should be: in) one of the fields, completely white face (should be: faced) and shivering." Similar text appears in dialog with Rolwynn, as well as at least 2 other characters titled "Farmer" and "Villager".

5) During conversation with Gallain, he states: "Because of this, it is also a safe haven for merchants traveling through here. And (omit And) we get at (omit t) lot of those."

6) During conversation with Ailshara, he states upon your initial encounter with him something with the word "Dissappear" (should be: Disappear) in it. When I first spoke with him, I took note of the spelling to later verify, not remembering whether it was capitalized or not. Anyway, upon returning to check his dialog, this was not shown again.

7) During conversation with Minarra, he states: "I saw a band of rough looking men on (omit on) traveling up the Duleian road." (If you should accept the quest before asking about anything to trade, further attempts at conversations are limited to your quest status only.)

8) During conversation with some of the woodcutters at their camp west of the Crossroads guardhouse, one states: "Maybe we shouldn't have cut down all the trees over there. Those wasps really seemed (should be: "seem" to reflect their present tense) upset." Another states: "Stay away from the road to the west, for it leads to Carn Tower. And (omit And) you most certainly do not want to go there."

9) During conversation with Talion, he states in sentence 3 of 3, of response 2: "He will do almost anything to oppose all actions that in some way are (omit are) extend the reach of the Shadow." (A tip of the hat to AngelRN for catching this one also!) In response 3, he states: "Because of this, the people of Loneford are now actively abolising (should be: abolishing) the thought of the Shadow guiding them through their lives."

10) During conversation with Buceth, he states: "With the few exceptions of a (omit a) some fights here and there between villagers because of misunderstandings, on the whole, your village is a friendly (insert comma) peaceful village."

11) During conversation with a Villager represented as an elderly man with a walking stick or cane, on the South side of the barn in Loneford, he states: "I fear for our survival. It seems we are getting worse everyday that passes. It's a good thing Feyard (should be: Feygard) helps us at least."

12) During conversation with Taevinn, he states after asking him, "Do you know anything about the illness?", in his 5th response, 1st sentence: "I tell you, there's mischief all around him and that thing ke (should be: he) keeps around."

Upon returning to Loneford to verify something I had taken a note on, it ended in my finding 2 more items to report. As there are many variations in the outcome of your conversations with NPC's, don't take for granted that any one person has found all errors that exist. Sometimes, as I've discovered, a character may only speak something once and never repeat it. So keep looking, and report what you find. :)

P.S. For those who may be curious as to why I have indicated to omit And, Or, & But, I was always taught in school to never begin a sentence with them.
One of even fewer...
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

qasur wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:i downloaded the newest version and it seems to run very choppy. The version from befor seemed to run alot better. Anyone else getting this same problem with the V0.6.10b2?
I think the overall answer is "yes" to the choppyness. I think it all relates to trying to fix the Heap Size problem generated by the App.

Even after doing both graphic settings changes, it did change anything for me. All choppyness stayed the same.
This is the first version that hasnt run smoothly on my phone. I have been messig around with the settings hoping it would help but it is still the same.

ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

I truly appreciate all of the feedback you guys have been offering regarding the beta versions. For now I think I will stick with old reliable, alpha 3, to do my testing. I was considering moving on to beta 2, however it seems there is definitely an issue to be worked out here with the beta versions. Has anyone reverted back to alpha 3 yet?
One of even fewer...
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

i m also thinking to revert back because its choppy(beta2)..
i will revert back to alpha2 as i dont hv the alpha3 apk.
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Can u go back or will it mess up your game? I really wanna go back

Gottkaiser

Post by Gottkaiser »

Thank you for your answer ctnbeh13, it really feels good to have you in this forum :)
About your question, I tried everything I could think about, I rebooted my handy, I enabled and disabled optimized drawing, I enabled and disabled the d-pad, I changed between fullscreen and window and after all these changes didn't change much I reverted to alpha 3 to be sure it's not because of my handy. The alpha works good, the only problem if you want to downgrade is that you cannot open save game files produced by the beta version
Level: 48, XP: 1968951, Gold: 160450
HP: 80, AC: 240%, AD: 22-26, BC: 65%
AP: 3, CC: 48%, CM: 3.75, DR: 0
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
ctnbeh13
VIP

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Gottkaiser,

I was in the process of typing up the following when you posted:

If you wait a bit, Oskar may very well post on this issue.

I always make a backup copy of my game save files into a folder titled for the version it was copied from before installing the latest release. My approach would be to first wait for Oscar to reply. If I decided to just go ahead with returning to the alpha 3 version, and didn't save a copy on my device, I'd download it from here: ( http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/d ... nloadCount ). I'd then uninstall Andor's Trail, and install the alpha 3 version, play it long enough to save a file (so it creates the game save file folder, navigate to it, delete its contents, and then copy my backup copy of game save files from alpha 3 into it. Restart the game and you'll have it running from the last files you saved from it (if you made a backup copy). Chances are, if this is something that hasn't already occurred to you, you probably don't have backed up files from the alpha 3 version to begin with.

I wouldn't recommend attempting to install alpha 3 while beta 2 is currently on your device (overwrite), because even if the game files are all properly overwritten, the game save files may not be fully compatible. Therefore, its probably best to wait for Oskar to just release an update.
One of even fewer...
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Also from the menu butto on my stats page the uneqipped max hp and max ap doesnt show up