v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

dpad experiences (0.6.10a)

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

What needs to be done?

make it smaller (customizable?!)
16%
make it more transparent (customizable?!)
19%
disable fullscreen navigation when active (customizable?!)
26%
sometimes it doesn't seems to react (someone has an idea about the reason?)
16%
the dpad could give visual feedback
16%
move the dpad out of the map
6%

Total votes: 31

Bornain
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: dpad experiences (0.6.10a)

Post by Bornain »

I didn't think I would like the d-pad. It requires a few tweeks, but I found I can mow through the hords of monsters without lifting a finger. Although coming across a boss or difficult enemy, I might run into trouble. Without the d-pad, I find the fights are slower with having to tap the screen. I didn't have much trouble navigating the character either.
Bornain lvl: 47
RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0

Wilfred lvl 8
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

Bornain wrote:I didn't think I would like the d-pad. It requires a few tweeks, but I found I can mow through the hords of monsters without lifting a finger. Although coming across a boss or difficult enemy, I might run into trouble. Without the d-pad, I find the fights are slower with having to tap the screen. I didn't have much trouble navigating the character either.
The D-pad is horrible inthis game, in my opinion. A lot could be learned from games such as Zenonia or even AttackWave. Very insensitive and I tried keeping it pressed, so fights are done 'automatically', I do not manage to get that working. Because of this, I have to use the tapping on the screen, slowing fights down quite a lot. Again, I would not mind if an option was added to fight automatically until you are hit, by pressing once. If your character is not strong enoug, this fast fight mode is dangerous. But if your character is strong, this saves me from messed up hands. *tap tap tap tap* sigh :|
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Thystonius wrote:
Bornain wrote:I didn't think I would like the d-pad. It requires a few tweeks, but I found I can mow through the hords of monsters without lifting a finger. Although coming across a boss or difficult enemy, I might run into trouble. Without the d-pad, I find the fights are slower with having to tap the screen. I didn't have much trouble navigating the character either.
The D-pad is horrible inthis game, in my opinion. A lot could be learned from games such as Zenonia or even AttackWave. Very insensitive and I tried keeping it pressed, so fights are done 'automatically', I do not manage to get that working. Because of this, I have to use the tapping on the screen, slowing fights down quite a lot. Again, I would not mind if an option was added to fight automatically until you are hit, by pressing once. If your character is not strong enoug, this fast fight mode is dangerous. But if your character is strong, this saves me from messed up hands. *tap tap tap tap* sigh :|
I need to say that i like this dpad a lot. It makes possible to play AT "one handed" wlile doing something else ;)

And yes (after i get used to it) i use it with lowlevel builds too.

just my opinion
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

The dpad is a nice thing, but THIS dpad, compared to other games, is really weak. Playing the game one handed is something I would love to do, but it is so insensitive I cannot really use it... also I would love to add transparancy and different sizes, or even better, whereever you touch, that is the center of the dpad and if you let go of the screen, the dpad is gone as well.
Darkstar
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkstar »

I am a d pad user but this one needs some work. The biggest issue is the full screen tap to move navigation is not disabled. If you slip off the D pad you move were you don't want to go. Fixing that would make a big difference. I recently played final Fantasy dimensions and I think it had the best d pad option. It would disappear until you touched the screen, then where ever you touch the D pad would appear. I thought it was a great solution to the d pad problem. Maybe it is worth looking into. Thanks.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Darkstar wrote:I am a d pad user but this one needs some work. The biggest issue is the full screen tap to move navigation is not disabled. If you slip off the D pad you move were you don't want to go. Fixing that would make a big difference. I recently played final Fantasy dimensions and I think it had the best d pad option. It would disappear until you touched the screen, then where ever you touch the D pad would appear. I thought it was a great solution to the d pad problem. Maybe it is worth looking into. Thanks.
Hmmm interesting suggestion, that might just work. :mrgreen:

+1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thystonius

Post by Thystonius »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Darkstar wrote:I am a d pad user but this one needs some work. The biggest issue is the full screen tap to move navigation is not disabled. If you slip off the D pad you move were you don't want to go. Fixing that would make a big difference. I recently played final Fantasy dimensions and I think it had the best d pad option. It would disappear until you touched the screen, then where ever you touch the D pad would appear. I thought it was a great solution to the d pad problem. Maybe it is worth looking into. Thanks.
Hmmm interesting suggestion, that might just work. :mrgreen:

+1
Exactly what I meant with my post... I hope this will be implemented, I prefer one handed D-pad (rather virtual joystick, actually) which just appears whereever you touch the screen and disappears as soon as you leave your screen again.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Darkstar wrote:I am a d pad user but this one needs some work. The biggest issue is the full screen tap to move navigation is not disabled.
i completely agree.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i also agree, all other movement should be disabled when the d-pad is in use...
but i don't think it needs to be moving around the screen.

static is just fine [IMO] - i feel it "suits the game" better

(besides ~ who is gonna code it?)

:lol:

good thread though!

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

2 ideas that i like:

[X] Enable Transparency (See through)

[X] Disable background (so when the d-pad is in use you cannot move w/o it)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!