Newish To Game

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: Newish To Game

Post by nyktos »

lady black wrote:By the way, in regards to a couple of the spoilers here,
I think you will be much happier with 5 milks than with one, and I believe you should keep 5 rat tails with you for a while.

oh, yeah... (on that note)

we were right.
we do need an empty vial for the next update! :twisted:
that is, if you ignore the warnings of the NPC's... :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Yeah, do you suppose it is safe to ignore his warnings about fresh ingredients and single-source suppliers? The game can tell whether we chased down new stuff or pulled old stuff out of our inventory. I would hate to get stuck with permanent rotworm infestation.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
aj786
android_version: 2.2

Post by aj786 »

thanks tek, lady black, mino
yeah...i forgot to keep 5 milks earlier and went to prrin so i came back to crossglen village and went back to prinn and completed the task...than i went to black mountain but as i am at level 22 so i was unable to kill wyrm so i come back to snake cave and flagstone for level up as suggested by all of you...
teflon
android_version: 2.0

Post by teflon »

So, basically except bone no need to keep it? Like rat tail or insect wings?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Well, if you need money, you can sell most of these (check out the forums, more and more are needed for later & future quests).
If you don't, you'd rather hang on to them.
I don't sell anything besides weapons/armor drops these days (and I keep one or two pieces of each, just for the sake of it).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

teflon wrote:So, basically except bone no need to keep it? Like rat tail or insect wings?
There are quite a few things you may want to keep
Poison glans, gems, etc...

but if you are strapped for cash, SELL THEM! You can always get more later while grinding.

Happy hunting adventurer!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

In the short term, selling will give you cash that you need. But in the long run, everything will balance out. You'll end up spending a lot of time grinding (grinding = large amounts of time killing creeps for experience such that you can level up and get skill points). The side effect of all the grinding is that you'll also get a decent income of money - should be enough to fund everything you want/need. I typically horde everything and don't sell a single thing - it's doable (just depends on your style of play).

As a general rule of thumb:
Keep 2 of everything, can sell the rest. With the following exceptions:

Oegyth Crystals: never sell, you'll use as payment for something skill related and weapon related later
Anytime the game warns you not to sell, listen to it (it's telling you the item is "Rare", "Extraordinary" or "Legendary" and it's hard to come by).
Milk, poison glads (all types), animal hair, bones, keep them, they come into play for quests and will save you some time/walking. You'll eventually have way more than you need for those quests, but until you've done them all, might as well just save those items.

Once you've mostly completed the game and have good knowledge, you can change your mind and buy/sell things differently later - as you'll have a better understanding of implications of doing so.

Everyone Else]: Have I missed anything?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Covenant wrote:In the short term, selling will give you cash that you need. But in the long run, everything will balance out. You'll end up spending a lot of time grinding (grinding = large amounts of time killing creeps for experience such that you can level up and get skill points). The side effect of all the grinding is that you'll also get a decent income of money - should be enough to fund everything you want/need. I typically horde everything and don't sell a single thing - it's doable (just depends on your style of play).

As a general rule of thumb:
Keep 2 of everything, can sell the rest. With the following exceptions:

Oegyth Crystals: never sell, you'll use as payment for something skill related and weapon related later
Anytime the game warns you not to sell, listen to it (it's telling you the item is "Rare", "Extraordinary" or "Legendary" and it's hard to come by).
Milk, poison glads (all types), animal hair, bones, keep them, they come into play for quests and will save you some time/walking. You'll eventually have way more than you need for those quests, but until you've done them all, might as well just save those items.

Once you've mostly completed the game and have good knowledge, you can change your mind and buy/sell things differently later - as you'll have a better understanding of implications of doing so.

Everyone Else]: Have I missed anything?
There is more usefull items... at least following ones;
claws (all kind of them),
arulir skin, some of the gems, ..

And be warned! you cannot know what item you will need in the future ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1