v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

EASY mode

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
kerasi
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Re: EASY mode

Post by kerasi »

Bard wrote:
Ok i'll agree i don't like to see people upset :P
Bard wrote: That you can beat the game as a full geared up level one saving after every fight does, in my opinion, not count as easy ...
It's not easy i just mean it's doable as a level 1. So as a level 20 it's easy.

If you want an easy mode then you can always just download the source upload the mobs/quests etc to the content editor and tweak the stats of the monsters, drops etc to get the ball rolling. If you generate interest in the easy mode that would get you more followers than getting upset.

I for one am would be happy to have an easy mode to create a wider fan base. But i think the development team have more important things to focus on at the moment.
Piggy the Slayer wrote:As for a hard/extreme difficulty just sell all your gear - that should up the difficulty.
I'm not sure if you're just bring facetious but......I think the harder difficulties just help with re playability. Rather than people just grinding in the same completed game it gives them more goals to achieve. Also it helps too have upgraded equipment drops too from the harder difficulties. Keeps people playing a lot longer. When the games complete and there's no reason to level any more people will just stop playing and move onto something else. Yes you can also keep generating new content but that takes a long time and effort and most people aren't patient.
Lvl: 54, XP: 2828096, Gold: 8478, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 149, AC: 210%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2/12, CC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 31%, DR: 1
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

@Bard I did not dismiss the discussion. I stated what a lot of people were saying about this game and the thoughts of an easy level. I stated that if you have problems, there are avenues for you to take, these boards for instance. And these boards are linked in game. They are not hidden where you might have to google the game and see what comes up. I talked about the sense of ownership that those that have helped out in the development and answering of questions. Those that have been playing for a long time, they have done more and are able to answer questions better than those of us that have not. When I had a question about my Shadow of the Slayer, I asked and was bombarded by answers. Started a lengthy discussion about weapons and which ones were better and what not. It's that sense of community that I like about this game. If this game is too hard, then ask for help. I remember people getting stuck in blackwater mountain when it first came out. They were stuck because they did not have enough potions to heal them to be able to get back down. I was there myself. I used an old save slot to get out of that situation. But those that were not that lucky, other members on the board gave them ideas on what to do. So no, I will not step aside, I will state my opinion, and if you think I was speaking for you, then I apologize for that, I do not apologize for stating my opinion.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

this is an interesting discussion,
but you guys are making me nervous...

:lol:

Flame Trolls are weak against Banning
(jokes... just jokes!)

:D

let's not read too much into others post,
especially if they bother us.

focus on posting positive posts - to help people,
(or develop relationships)
and everything will be peachy!

i started this thread, and since then...
i realized that nothing will be done until the game is finished - or very close!

so let's just look foreward to the next release...
IT'S ONLY DAYS AWAY!

HYPE?!?

YES!!!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Facetious? I can be I suppose. An extreme mode would be interesting especially with the monsters doing more damage. Perhaps a level could be set for unlocking hard/extreme mode say level 60. IMO the most important point for most players is content. If one looks at reviews and comments on the game the main bugbear is "too slow between releases." Personally I think "the only good Bugbear is a dead Bugbear."
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

There are bugbears? :o
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I think they, like so much else, will be introduced in a future update! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF