v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Just a few quick suggestions

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Moondawgie

Just a few quick suggestions

Post by Moondawgie »

First of all I would like to say hello to all and thank and congratulate you for making such a wonderful game.

Just figured I would share a few things I had thought about while playing the game. Full disclosure I'm not proficient in code in the least and while I am unaware of the difficulty of any of these additions, I just wanted to share my opinion from a players standpoint.

First off, random dungeons/caves that have nothing to do with the main storyline and scale difficulty-wise are a wonderful unexpected mini adventures. When you come across one and fight your way through just to test your combat prowess, look for loot or just out of curiosity and stumble across an unexpected challenge or even a random boss encounter these endeavors surprise and astonish, and in my opinion, the more the better. Quest and story driven dungeons are great fun, but it's a pleasant surprise to come across one of these and know that the developers didn't have to include it, they did so just for your sheer enjoyment.

Another big improvement in my opinion would be increased loot tables for some mobs, especially bosses. Maybe even the very rare chance that you could find a rare or unique item every now and then if you got lucky. Knowing exactly what a boss or mob is going to drop gets a bit bland. On a side note, it would be nice if certain non specific plot driving bosses were able to respawn, allowing players to revisit favorite areas and try for different loot.

I'm sure you are working on increasing the variety of items and equipment in the game but I would love to see some Two-handed swords, axes, and hammers and maybe even the option to dual wield certain single handed weapons. Also, I think these weapons should reward the player for sacrificing defensive parameters by offering improved offensive capabilities either by allowing more attacks or reasonable increase in damage output.

It's pretty late so that's all I can come with for now, I may add more in the future. I would just like to say again that you guys are doing and have done a great job on this game, and I know you will continue to do so. I'm eagerly awaiting future updates and hope to hear back from you guys.
CaptainDoug

Re: Just a few quick suggestions

Post by CaptainDoug »

Wielding two swords would be great to include in the skills...
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

To give a little bit more depth to the dual wielding idea...

With dual wielding I would think you would have to change the way your attack percentage is calculated, your first hand has more of a chance to hit than your second. You could increase that hit percentage by raising the skill. Also if you decide to dual wield you would lose blocking some blocking percentage beyond what a shield gave you, i.e. you are more open to attack with two swords than a sword and a shield.

Good ideas and suggestions everyone, keep them coming.
Moondawgie

Post by Moondawgie »

A fairly simple way to modify hit chance without having to alter the hit chance of weapons would be to have a penalty that only applies if you are wielding a weapon in each hand. As you allocated points in the skill your proficiency would increase.

1 point - Allows use of a 1hd weapon in each hand. Mainhand attack chance modified by .75% / Offhand by .50%
2nd point - MH - 77.5% OH - 51.75%
3rd - MH - 80% OH - 53.50%
etc..

Or a varying percentage increase depending on the number of available skill points available to the player.