v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.

Which gloves do you prefer? Please select 1 of the first 3 and 1 on the last 2.

Gloves of Life Force (GoLF)
2%
Troublemaker's gloves (TG)
53%
Guard's Gloves (GG)
3%
GoLF Not "extraordinary" enough when compared to GG & TG
33%
GoLF is "extraordinary" enough
9%

Total votes: 99

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

POLL: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by Antison »

Just wondering what you guys/gals opinions are on the 3 gloves listed below.
  • Gloves of Life Force (GoLF)
    Boost max HP: 9
    Attack chance: 5%
    Block chance: 3%

Troublemaker's gloves
    Attack chance: 7%
    Block chance: 4%
    Critical hit chance: 4%
    Raise max HP +1

Guard's Gloves
    Attack chance: 3%
    Block chance: 5%
    Raise max HP +3
Last edited by Antison on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Which gloves do you prefer?

Post by Mino »

Based on the choices provided, I would probably stick with Trouble Makers gloves because I would favor more AC% over the extra HP boost.

But since they're called Gloves of Life Force and offer a higher boost in HP than almost any other item, I think the +9 HP fits with the name and makes it extraordinary enough. (Ring of shadow embrace seems to be the only one to offer more HP and you have to make certain choices to get it, which I didn't with my main character).

But, you left out the gloves I actually wear:
Woodcutter's gloves
AC: 8%
BC: 1%
Raises max HP +3

Even though it offers less BC, it has a little more AC than Trouble makers, and I'm not currently using a weapon with critical hit, so the CC% doesn't matter. There's also this one for extra AC (possibly the best gloves in 0.6.9).
Fine gloves of swift attack
AC: 17%
BC: -9%

And now that this topic has reminded me of that, I'm switching back to those gloves, so thanks :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Black Wind
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Black Wind »

No gloves for now! :D When not experimenting though, I go with the extra attack normally.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

TG - only for crits, b/c i have not spent skill points on MC or BC...
main is around 30, glove change is planned for 44...
i will prolly re-read this thread around then :D
and i also agree that the woodcutters gloves are great for certain builds.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by mirajp1 »

TG for dagger of shadow priests.
and gloves of swift attack for balanced steel sword. :P

any1 here tried the Balanced steel sword
AC 32%
AD 3-7
AP 4

gives good AD if you want to kill those trainers and masters in just 1 hit in gargoyle caves
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
qasur

Post by qasur »

mirajp1 wrote:TG for dagger of shadow priests.
and gloves of swift attack for balanced steel sword. :P

any1 here tried the Balanced steel sword
AC 32%
AD 3-7
AP 4

gives good AD if you want to kill those trainers and masters in just 1 hit in gargoyle caves
The Balanced Steel Sword is just a slight increase over the original Steel Sword, and that was one of the best merchant-bought weapons. There are distinct builds between Steel Sword/Quickstrike Dagger/Dagger of Shadow Priest.

I think it just comes down to: if your weapon has CC%, then you take the armor that best enhances that potential.

For instance, on my new character (restarted to take advantage of the +1 HP/level skill, and the skill system in general) I hit level 18 the other day and I've managed to get the best armor available already and access to Flagstone's Pride (Iqhan (sp?) Cave is out of reach right now).

I love the Troublemaker's Gloves.
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote:Just wondering what you guys/gals opinions are on the 3 gloves listed below.
  • Gloves of Life Force (GoLF)
    Boost max HP: 9
    Attack chance: 5%
    Block chance: 3%

Troublemaker's gloves
    Attack chance: 7%
    Block chance: 4%
    Critical hit chance: 4%
    Raise max HP +1

Guard's Gloves
    Attack chance: 3%
    Block chance: 5%
    Raise max HP +3

If this is a main character (who is running a CC weapon, and I imagine most will after the next or a few more updates when mobs are extremely tough) By taking of the "extraordinary" gloves for the Troublemaker's Gloves, you are trading 8 HP (which you shouldn't have to worry about because as I see it, the SP spent on Fortitude is not an option unless you want to waste a ton of levels ups on HP, but 1.6 levels) for 2AC = .4 levels, 1BC = .33 levels, and 4-?CC = skill point only bonus. So you are trading .83 levels worth of almost worthless HP for, at least for me, 9%CC. That's not even a question.

P.S. The Guard's Gloves suck.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

So the "GoLF is not extraordinary enough" is ahead of the "GoLF is extraordinary enough" by a 2:1 ratio, yet only one person out of 30 prefers the GoLF. That is telling me that not to many people have one or else they would be using it. 4 people voted it was extraordinary enough, yet only one person prefers it. Why is that?
Last edited by Antison on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

I think they may think it is extraordinary enough, as in it's good that it is not Legendary. It is definitely not worthy of Extraordinary status. To me, super rare L, E, or "relic" type items should be so good that the only time you wouldn't be wearing them is if you had a better L or E item already equipped.
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:So the "GoLF is not extraordinary enough" is ahead of the "GoLF is extraordinary enough" by a 2:1 ratio, yet only one person out of 30 prefers the GoLF. That is telling me that not to many people have one or else they would be using it. 13 people voted it was extraordinary enough, yet only one person prefers it. Why is that?
As one of the people who voted it was "extraordinary enough" but isn't using it, my main reason is I don't have one (yet). But since I favor a higher AC over a higher BC, I'm not sure I would switch out my Fine gloves of swift attack for it.

I think its extraordinary enough for someone trying to really build up their HP. But I don't think any of the L & E items are unconditionally better than weapons/items available from boss drops or shops.

Even the RoLS which seems to be considered the best, now offers less cc boost than the Polished ring of backstabbing. But that's how it should be, I don't think the best possible items should be ones you only have a 1/10000 chance in getting.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18