v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Feature request: have your meat cooked

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Feature request: have your meat cooked

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:If you don't like bonemeal then overpay for the major health potion. I don't understand the anti-bonemeal movement.
Have you not heard? Bonemeal potions are illegal. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

tek wrote:If you don't like bonemeal then overpay for the major health potion. I don't understand the anti-bonemeal movement.
Not everyone is level 124 with close to 150 mil, tek, lol. :lol: Start a new "good" character with the current build and ya might understand better. ;)

*edit* Some people are trying to play without bonemeal as it is considered "evil". My own character is evil so I don't mind bonemeal, but I can understand those that don't want to use them.
Last edited by DarkSavant13 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Not everyone is level 124 with close to 150 mil, tek, lol. :lol: Start a new character with the current build and ya might understand better. ;)
I have three characters going. Level 124, level 41 and level 9.
For the record, my level 124 hasn't touched a health potion of any kind in about 55 levels, thanks RoL.
Who cares if they are illegal.
Last edited by Antison on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

duallifes wrote: I was thinking of item that gives you "hot" effect, heal-over-time. like 1 hp/each turn, but with 40 healing altogether it sounds too good.
Maybe it needs to be limited, like while the hot is running, no other healing items could be used?
For those who do not know: H.O.T. means Heal over time.

I think the HOT potions are a cool idea but would be hard to find a way to fit into the game.

lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

A hot potion sounds like a good way to die, to me. If I need a potion, I usually need the healing NOW, not at a snail's pace spread over 40 turns. Maybe I am missing some advantage, but unless someone can tell me what that is, I see no point to such a potion. Slow healing is what regeneration is for.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:A hot potion sounds like a good way to die, to me. If I need a potion, I usually need the healing NOW, not at a snail's pace spread over 40 turns. Maybe I am missing some advantage, but unless someone can tell me what that is, I see no point to such a potion. Slow healing is what regeneration is for.
The healing of a Rols doesnt happen while in combat. I think what it would be is that every time its your turn (when your AP refreshes) it would give you a minor heal of some sort. I would be helpful for when you are grinding in some areas, but if you are already close to death they wouldnt be that useful. :mrgreen:

duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Post by duallifes »

Pyrizzle wrote:
lady black wrote:A hot potion sounds like a good way to die, to me. If I need a potion, I usually need the healing NOW, not at a snail's pace spread over 40 turns. Maybe I am missing some advantage, but unless someone can tell me what that is, I see no point to such a potion. Slow healing is what regeneration is for.
The healing of a Rols doesnt happen while in combat. I think what it would be is that every time its your turn (when your AP refreshes) it would give you a minor heal of some sort. I would be helpful for when you are grinding in some areas, but if you are already close to death they wouldnt be that useful. :mrgreen:
Thats exactly my point, ie. 1 or 2 hp(this is where the tuning happens) every turn (everytime your AP refreshes) would give great advantage, for example if you take a potion _before the combat_ if its long combat you get +40 hp without using any AP for healing. I know it needs some kind of balancing but its just a idea to replace bonemeal potion with differend kind of potion with differend tactic to use it.

if that doenst feel good enough, it could be like +5hp every turn for next 8 turns... but I would feel that would make you next to immortal, just drink a potion every 8 turns, since only rarely mobs make more damage than 5/round.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

duallifes wrote:Thats exactly my point, ie. 1 or 2 hp(this is where the tuning happens) every turn (everytime your AP refreshes) would give great advantage, for example if you take a potion _before the combat_ if its long combat you get +40 hp without using any AP for healing. I know it needs some kind of balancing but its just a idea to replace bonemeal potion with differend kind of potion with differend tactic to use it.

if that doenst feel good enough, it could be like +5hp every turn for next 8 turns... but I would feel that would make you next to immortal, just drink a potion every 8 turns, since only rarely mobs make more damage than 5/round.
Thats a cool idea, H.O.T. potions would be a neat addition to the game.

Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

pyrizzle wrote: Idk, have you ever tried a deep fried twinkie? Or a deep fried Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? (fair foods are caloric nightmares)
Yes i have try some of those :/ You can deep fried almoust anything... :)
Bard wrote:Argh!
I REALLY think we need something for the players who do not use bonemeal. What it is and in what way the decision has to be hard is something to discuss.
Im sorry, IMO we need some new healing items and foods, how about deep fried rat tails :D :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Sarumar wrote:
pyrizzle wrote: Idk, have you ever tried a deep fried twinkie? Or a deep fried Peanut butter and jelly sandwich? (fair foods are caloric nightmares)
Yes i have try some of those :/ You can deep fried almoust anything... :)
LOL, not almost anything... You can deep fry anything!