v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

[Buff] Stone Cuirass & Wolfpack animal hide

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
mirajp1
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: [Buff] Stone Cuirass & Wolfpack animal hide

Post by mirajp1 »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
tek wrote:
mirajp1 wrote: i think if the AP +2 is lessened to 0 or 1 it is worth wearing.
Of course if it was at 0, it would be the best armour available.
I'd still take Villain's Leather Armour over it all day.

just because u like CC :mrgreen:
I dont like CC much.
I m going with
BW leather cap,BW leather armour, jewel of Fallheaven,
shadow of slayer,ROLS,Villains ring,
wooden defender,vacor's boot, and gloves of swift attack.

in a way BW equipments are great if u use it well :)
Logic:
Lvl: 38, XP: 1006224, Gold: 69410, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, GoLF: 1, ChaR: 0, SHAF: 0
HP: 83, AC: 219%, AD: 24-30, AP: 3, BC: 55%, DR: -1, CC: 22%, CM: 3
Restore HP/Kill: 2

currently affected by rotworm :D
AsheiS
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by AsheiS »

The -ap from stone cuirass should be removed, its kinda harder to get it than hardened shirt, and its actually worse :(
And wolfpack's, should imo give +5% AC than -15%, since its an armor of wolves :D
Name: Asheis | Level: 21 | Total Experience: 179155 | Attack Cost/Action Points: 3/10 | Health Points: 48 | Attack Chance: 182%
Attack Damage: 20-25 | Critical Hit Chance: 28% | Critical Multiplier: 2.0 | Block Chance : 22% |Damage Resistance: 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

AsheiS wrote:The -ap from stone cuirass should be removed, its kinda harder to get it than hardened shirt, and its actually worse :(
And wolfpack's, should imo give +5% AC than -15%, since its an armor of wolves :D
Yah but there has never been a documented case of a wolf attacking a human. One off theto biggest myths out there thanks to stories like "little red ridding hood".
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Kardinaal

Post by Kardinaal »

AsheiS wrote:The -ap from stone cuirass should be removed, its kinda harder to get it than hardened shirt, and its actually worse :(
I guess this depends on your weapon... Lots of weapons out there that only get one attack per turn anyway, and the extra defence really is noticable imho. I run a defence oriented build, I use skullcrusher as a weapon because it offers ok damage without much support from other equipment, and I'd use the cuirass over the hardened leather anytime.

On the wolf hide: It's easy to find and it's one of the first items you get. I've used it for quite a time while leveling since I got it around lvl 10. I still remember switching out my shirt for it and going "oh yeah". It's a great leveling tool.

Not every item should be meant for every style of char, or for every lvl. Basically, if one item is the ultimate item for all characters from all lvls, then why should there be any other items, as everyone would be wearing exactly the same... The idea should be that NO item should be perfect for all lvls and builds really, so you have to make difficult choices. Low lvl chars should also have access to good items (for their lvl), cause what's the fun in grinding for money to get rid of your stained shirt of suckiness?
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Post by ncer »

The more often you hope to hit the less useful the Cuiras is. I have found in the past that trying different combinations of gear I regularly had 1 or 2 AP left that I wasn't using. It would be great if the Cuiras gave a penalty of say -2 on your total AP instead of adding it to each attack. This would still make it somewhat hard to use, as 2 AP left seemed rare and only happened with defensive builds, but it would open up some more possibilities than the Cuiras currently has. Reading the item's description I had at first even thought this was what it did.

I don't think most people want this to be the very best armor in the game, they just think it should be a little better because it's a fairly difficult item to get in comparison to other items that seem to outclass it in most cases. Your build that aims for using the Skullcrusher might be one of very few possible builds where it's actually logical to use it.
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Kardinaal

Post by Kardinaal »

Seems to me that rather than adjusting the stats on these items to make them more general, they should be introducing more armour alltogether to give us more options in gearing... Which goes for a lot of gear if you ask me...
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I agree that those armor items should be better, since they're supposed to be boss drops, but yeah, I also stick with either Villain's Armor or the Leather one with the +1 DR.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
AsheiS
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by AsheiS »

The point is that they are rares from bosses, not obtainable in shop like hardened leather shirt... thats why those two armors should be better than hardened~
Name: Asheis | Level: 21 | Total Experience: 179155 | Attack Cost/Action Points: 3/10 | Health Points: 48 | Attack Chance: 182%
Attack Damage: 20-25 | Critical Hit Chance: 28% | Critical Multiplier: 2.0 | Block Chance : 22% |Damage Resistance: 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

tek wrote:
Yah but there has never been a documented case of a wolf attacking a human. One off theto biggest myths out there thanks to stories like "little red ridding hood".
This is untrue. There are many documented cases of Wolfs attacking humans, it is uncommon but during hard times for wolfs they have been known to attack humans.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... 0l0l0ll0l0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:
tek wrote:
This is untrue. There are many documented cases of Wolfs attacking humans, it is uncommon but during hard times for wolfs they have been known to attack humans.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... 0l0l0ll0l0
Ok sarah paline, whatever you say. Wolves are not the enemy! No matter what sarah wants to say.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"