This is a great game. A few suggestions...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Acherion
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

This is a great game. A few suggestions...

Post by Acherion »

I have seen a lot of suggestions pertaining to adding to the complexity of the gameplay, but I think that the strength of your character build can lie in the items you choose. Instead of adding a complex and difficult to balance skill system, wouldnt it be easier to place a combination of effects on items so that the player can literally put on their new class?

Imagine it; You find a Necklace titled "Juggernaut's Soul". You inspect its qualities and find that it allows you to have a high amount of health, attack damage and damage resistance. You also notice that there are penalties to AP costs and Attack chance. Putting on the Ring will make your character a Juggernaut: Hard to stop, easy to dodge, and difficult to kill.

The values of each item will depend on the class, the slots on your character will limit the amount of augmentation allowed. This makes balancing classes easier, since there will limited slots for the class modifier. You can stick to using accessory slots for simplicity, or you can add a specific slot for Character Class Items. The remaining skills can be nerfed and focused more on augmenting gameplay in other ways. This means that creating perks that provide bonuses that pay long term versus perks that only provide a short term bonus that I could easily earn in another way.
android_version: 2.2

Re: This is a great game. A few suggestions...

Post by 805 »

runescape
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Character development should be done in levels, not items. However, I think it would be interesting to have classes. I think it was already discussed, but I'm not sure where.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Oskar has said "no" to classes, but you never know.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Acherion wrote:I have seen a lot of suggestions pertaining to adding to the complexity of the gameplay, but I think that the strength of your character build can lie in the items you choose. Instead of adding a complex and difficult to balance skill system, wouldnt it be easier to place a combination of effects on items so that the player can literally put on their new class?

Imagine it; You find a Necklace titled "Juggernaut's Soul". You inspect its qualities and find that it allows you to have a high amount of health, attack damage and damage resistance. You also notice that there are penalties to AP costs and Attack chance. Putting on the Ring will make your character a Juggernaut: Hard to stop, easy to dodge, and difficult to kill.

The values of each item will depend on the class, the slots on your character will limit the amount of augmentation allowed. This makes balancing classes easier, since there will limited slots for the class modifier. You can stick to using accessory slots for simplicity, or you can add a specific slot for Character Class Items. The remaining skills can be nerfed and focused more on augmenting gameplay in other ways. This means that creating perks that provide bonuses that pay long term versus perks that only provide a short term bonus that I could easily earn in another way.
Juggernaut's Soul

+40 Health, -4AP, -20AC, +20AD, -40BC, +4DR
Added the negative BC to even things out since I thought about Juggernauts and how they just run forward, not caring what they smash into or concentrating on defence.

Code: Select all

[id|iconID|name|category|displaytype|hasManualPrice|baseMarketCost|hasEquipEffect|equip_boostMaxHP|equip_boostMaxAP|equip_moveCostPenalty|equip_attackCost|equip_attackChance|equip_criticalChance|equip_criticalMultiplier|equip_attackDamage_Min|equip_attackDamage_Max|equip_blockChance|equip_damageResistance|equip_conditions[condition|magnitude|]|hasUseEffect|use_boostHP_Min|use_boostHP_Max|use_boostAP_Min|use_boostAP_Max|use_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hasHitEffect|hit_boostHP_Min|hit_boostHP_Max|hit_boostAP_Min|hit_boostAP_Max|hit_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hit_conditionsTarget[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hasKillEffect|kill_boostHP_Min|kill_boostHP_Max|kill_boostAP_Min|kill_boostAP_Max|kill_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|];
{juggernauts_soul|items_necklaces_1:7|Juggernaut\'s Soul|6|2|0|14150|1|40|-4|||-20|||10|20|-40|4|||||||||||||||||||||};
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
Acherion wrote:I have seen a lot of suggestions pertaining to adding to the complexity of the gameplay, but I think that the strength of your character build can lie in the items you choose. Instead of adding a complex and difficult to balance skill system, wouldnt it be easier to place a combination of effects on items so that the player can literally put on their new class?

Juggernaut's Soul

+40 Health, -4AP, -20AC, +20AD, -40BC, +4DR
Added the negative BC to even things out since I thought about Juggernauts and how they just run forward, not caring what they smash into or concentrating on defense.

Code: Select all

[id|iconID|name|category|displaytype|hasManualPrice|baseMarketCost|hasEquipEffect|equip_boostMaxHP|equip_boostMaxAP|equip_moveCostPenalty|equip_attackCost|equip_attackChance|equip_criticalChance|equip_criticalMultiplier|equip_attackDamage_Min|equip_attackDamage_Max|equip_blockChance|equip_damageResistance|equip_conditions[condition|magnitude|]|hasUseEffect|use_boostHP_Min|use_boostHP_Max|use_boostAP_Min|use_boostAP_Max|use_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hasHitEffect|hit_boostHP_Min|hit_boostHP_Max|hit_boostAP_Min|hit_boostAP_Max|hit_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hit_conditionsTarget[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|hasKillEffect|kill_boostHP_Min|kill_boostHP_Max|kill_boostAP_Min|kill_boostAP_Max|kill_conditionsSource[condition|magnitude|duration|chance|]|];
{juggernauts_soul|items_necklaces_1:7|Juggernaut\'s Soul|6|2|0|14150|1|40|-4|||-20|||10|20|-40|4|||||||||||||||||||||};
I love defensive items & builds and as such, I love DR, but I would never touch this item :!: -4AP makes this item useless to me as does the -40BC.

I like the idea, but not the execution. :)
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

With great sacrifice comes great reward, and vice versa. All in the name of balance. ;)