v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New player

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: New player

Post by Pyrizzle »

fiernaq wrote:The reason for evasion is entirely dependent on the specific build I chose. With a grand total of -5% BC and 0% CC my only hope is to kill before I get killed. With 6 attacks per round, high AD and AC, the only way I get hurt is when the monster attacks first. If I can eliminate that as a possibility then I will have raised my survivability by an incredible amount.

Plus I tend to walk right by monsters because my finger wasn't quite in the right place and hopefully evasion make it so I don't get attacked while running circles around my target. :lol:

*edit* 100 posts :D wheeee!!!
Congrats on post #100!

I can see how it could be useful, I guess it's not not what i would use.

Increased Fortitude and Combat Speed are the 2 skills i recomend most. After that it really depends on what you are trying to do. :)

-Happy Hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:The reason for evasion is entirely dependent on the specific build I chose. With a grand total of -5% BC and 0% CC my only hope is to kill before I get killed. With 6 attacks per round, high AD and AC, the only way I get hurt is when the monster attacks first. If I can eliminate that as a possibility then I will have raised my survivability by an incredible amount.

Plus I tend to walk right by monsters because my finger wasn't quite in the right place and hopefully evasion make it so I don't get attacked while running circles around my target. :lol:

*edit* 100 posts :D wheeee!!!
+1 thats is true, if you dont build BC - evasion is gold
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Alright, I couldn't take it anymore. All this talk of 6.11 and I had to have it so I backed up my old save games, uninstalled 6.10, removed the save game folder, installed the new one and now I have a new character :D

This one I'll do right. Increased Fortitude taken at level 5, next up is going to be Evasion. I'll skip Regen for now but take Corpse Eater as soon as I can and in the meantime I'll pick up the +1 DR armor from Fallhaven to help minimize my HP loss. Cleave is going to be much lower on the totem pole of skills I want to get this time around but I probably will take it somewhere after lvl 30.

I'm thinking this order for skills:
5 - IF
8 - Ev
12 - Ev
16 - Ev
20 - CE
24 - CS
30 - CS
32 - Re

Meanwhile, I'll be putting level up points solely into AD. My theory behind that instead of splitting it between AD and AC like my last build is that with the number of attacks I get, my chances of hitting once are higher than my chances of hitting a few times so I want that one hit of mine to count. After all, it doesn't matter if I miss 5 times if my 6th attack (still in the first round assuming CS2 and JoF) is a one shot.

Yes, I understand that eventually I'll have to get more AC just to be able to hit some of the more powerful monsters but early on AD is king.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

consider Regen at lvl 8
(you might need to get to level 10 to have the HP requirement)
[but that's because when i take Inc. Fort. - i NEVER level up HP]

taking Regen this early is POWER,
(by reducing the cost of healing early - you can buy better gear faster!)

kill a room full of snakes & stand in the corner healing (for free) while the snakes respawn
trade the meat for bread = huge profit

don't get me wrong, i think you will enjoy Evasion as well!
(just a random thought)

:D

i figured i would share - good luck with the new build!
i can't get enough of rebuilding my character!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Level: 10
HP: 30
AP: 2/10
AC: 96%
AD: 12-17
BC: 1%

Jewel of Fallhaven, Troublemaker's Ring, Tavern Brawler's Ring, Gloves of Better Grip.

I've already cleared both the snake cave and the catacombs although I can't yet get very far in Irogotu's cave due to low AC. Being able to one shot snakes means I can get through the entire cave with full health though which is very handy. Once I get the +1 DR armor I'll be cooking with bacon grease. I also need to upgrade the Tavern Brawler's Ring to another Troublemaker's Ring once I get some more gold.

@Nyktos, I've changed a few settings so that I don't see loot or attack animations and I can clear the first map of the snake cave in under 20 seconds now so having regen wouldn't really benefit me all that much. It's actually quicker to just clear as far as you can, run back and rest, then go clear as far as you can again than it would be to kill a few, sit there waiting to regen, kill a few more, etc... I probably could've gotten further in to the cave earlier with regen but for pure leveling speed I'd do without it. Evasion is VERY nice, even level 1 makes a noticeable difference in how often I get attacked first.

I don't eat food unless I have to in order to make it back out and I try not to get stuck in the position where I need to do that so my idea is I go until about 10 HP left before running back to bed. More trips but less deaths and very little food consumed.
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

that is a very solid style,
and your patience will pay off...

(sounds familiar!)

:lol:

i usually don't suggest it because some people think its too much running,
but yes - very wise - in my opinion.

(endless patience here)

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Ha ha, I decided to time myself on this route and first try took me 1:58 to go from the bed in the tavern south, kill the 2 green snakes and 3 ants, everything in the snake cave (except for the boss which is no longer there), kill everything that spawned on the way back out and get back to the bed in the inn.

That's less than 2 minutes for a full clear of the snake cave at level 10 (only difference in stats from the above is that I got my second Troublemaker's Ring so 99% AC and 14-18 AD. Oh and considering that this is the complete run and thus easily repeatable (provided you don't run into some bad RNG and have to stop to eat something) you're looking at about 1.5k XP and 5-10 meat plus some other odds and ends.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

I usually go the other route, killing dogs, boars, and foxes. You get meat from all three, but may have to spend a meat if the boars or foxes crit (doesn't happen super often). The reason I go this route is the boots that the boars drop, worth 111 gold each, plus the gold worth of the dogs and boars and their experience. So, I get meat for healing very easily and boots for gold. At early levels, as I head east of Crossglen, I at first go only after the dogs (5 east, then north for 3 more) and get myself an emergency stack of meat, then I start going after the boars, with one fox to the north at first, to get at a second boar, then three more later.

Since you can save up gold so quickly, one of the first things I buy is a hardened iron
longsword from the blacksmith in Crossglen. Then you can plow through the dogs, boars, and foxes pretty quickly. Just watch out for the worm north of the set of three dogs till you're ready. ;)

I can make this run very quickly (running back to my house to heal) and be up to my eyeballs in meat, boots, gold, and experience before I know it. I'm not saying it's easier than the snakes, because it's not. It's my opinion that it pays more. ;)

Just make sure to save often, as usual, because crits and accidents do happen. ;)

DarkSavant13
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I usually go the other route, killing dogs, boars, and foxes. You get meat from all three, but may have to spend a meat if the boars or foxes crit (doesn't happen super often). The reason I go this route is the boots that the boars drop, worth 111 gold each, plus the gold worth of the dogs and boars and their experience. So, I get meat for healing very easily and boots for gold. At early levels, as I head east of Crossglen, I at first go only after the dogs (5 east, then north for 3 more) and get myself an emergency stack of meat, then I start going after the boars, with one fox to the north at first, to get at a second boar, then three more later.

Since you can save up gold so quickly, one of the first things I buy is a hardened iron
longsword from the blacksmith in Crossglen. Then you can plow through the dogs, boars, and foxes pretty quickly. Just watch out for the worm north of the set of three dogs till you're ready. ;)

I can make this run very quickly (running back to my house to heal) and be up to my eyeballs in meat, boots, gold, and experience before I know it. I'm not saying it's easier than the snakes, because it's not. It's my opinion that it pays more. ;)

Just make sure to save often, as usual, because crits and accidents do happen. ;)

DarkSavant13
+1!

i got stuck in some old habits im trying to break,
from playing older versions...

those boots are a great drop if you get a few early!

usually, so i dont hafta worry about risk...
i will only attack the 4 green snakes outside town (south) & those two groups of tiny dogs (east, then north)

[talking about crossglen]

while im knocking off a few quests on the side
(grabbing 5 wings & the poison gland, etc.)
"Embrace the Shadow"

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:I usually go the other route, killing dogs, boars, and foxes. You get meat from all three, but may have to spend a meat if the boars or foxes crit (doesn't happen super often). The reason I go this route is the boots that the boars drop, worth 111 gold each, plus the gold worth of the dogs and boars and their experience. So, I get meat for healing very easily and boots for gold. At early levels, as I head east of Crossglen, I at first go only after the dogs (5 east, then north for 3 more) and get myself an emergency stack of meat, then I start going after the boars, with one fox to the north at first, to get at a second boar, then three more later.

DarkSavant13
+1!

i got stuck in some old habits im trying to break,
from playing older versions...

those boots are a great drop if you get a few early!

usually, so i dont hafta worry about risk...
i will only attack the 4 green snakes outside town (south) & those two groups of tiny dogs (east, then north)

[talking about crossglen]

while im knocking off a few quests on the side
(grabbing 5 wings & the poison gland, etc.)
Early game grinding sets the pace for the whole game later on. Getting a good flow of gold is very important.

I mostly head south from crossglen and take out the green snakes and head into the snake cave for money early on, slowly i shift to heading east and taking out the Dogs, Wolves, and foxes. For the begining of the game i stay mainly on the same 6 tiles the whole time

IF YOUR SEARCHING FOR ME WHILE I'M A LOW LEVEL I AM MOST LIKELY HERE: (in map tiles)
Crossglen, 1 south of crossglen, 2 south of crossglen, Snake Cave room 1, Snake Cave room 2, and East of Crossglen 1 tile.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!