v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New player

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Stickboy
android_version: 2.2

Re: New player

Post by Stickboy »

fiernaq wrote:Wow, this is slow going :(

At roughly 100 xp per kill and 30k xp needed for a level up that's 300 kills I need just to level up once. There are 14 monsters in the gargoyle caves and even assuming that 1 respawns while I'm killing the rest that's still a measly 15 kills I can get every 3 minutes. If I could manage to time things exactly then I should be able to gain a level in an hour. Instead, it's taken me the past week to gain 2 levels :(. Oh RoLs.... you make my life miserable :roll:
Oh, I feel for you. There are other strategies.

If leveling up is not important, save from the room outside the three gargoyle, then dash in and kill the three gargoyles and 14 trainers/masters, check your inventory and reload when you see no pretty rings.

My personal strategy was to divide the three rooms so that I would start in the lower two rooms, checking the clock before I start, clear and search the lower room for respawns until three minutes was up, dash into the top right room with two for two quick kills and then go to the very top left room, check the time, kill the six trainer/masters and wait for respawns for the next three minutes...then repeat. I would get somewhere between 18 to 24 kills every three minutes.

Keep going, if you get bored or frustrated, venture out into the sunlight periodically and you will feel the desire to fight for your precious again. Keep in mind that with the next update, criticals will be muted so there is no real good reason to go after a 2nd (that and the regeneration effect does not compound with a 2nd ring).

I have three on my two builds, 1st one took about 450 rocks, 2nd one took over 6000 rocks, 3rd one took over 2000 rocks.
Stickboy | Lvl:92 | XP:14,044,412
HP:236 | AP:3(12) | AC:305% | AD:42-49 | CC:70% | CM:3.75 | BC:138%
MC:4 | BC:1 | CS:2 | QL:1 | Clv:2 | IF:3 | Reg:2 | MF:2 | CE: 2
RoLS:2 | RoL:1 | ELyR: 1 | Char: 5 | Golf: 1 | ShaF: 1 |

Ranidaphobe
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

The good news is, I now have enough minimum damage that I will always succeed in killing a gargoyle trainer in only two hits. The bad news is, I still don't have a RoLs yet :(

So, should I go for combat speed like I'd originally planned or get Magic Finder instead?
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I recommend the Combat Speed. It will give you a more tangible advantage. After getting your two CS and your AP up to 12, you can go for MF, if you still feel that you need it. Maybe you will have your RoLS by then. The effect of MF is impossible to measure, as the l & e items can always drop at any time. I would recommend not taking more the two levels of MF, if and when you decide to go for it. Two levels double your chance that the item will drop (still not exactly good odds) but each additional level has proportionally less effect. To double the chance again takes four more levels of MF, then eight more to double the chance yet again, etc.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i agree with lady black...

- magic finder "might" help
- combat speed will help

unless you plan on getting all 6 of the L & E items!
in that case, Magic Finder is great!!! (also in agreement over MF2 being optimum)

the ring could drop at any time.
really - it's not likely, but... three mobs can drop three rings.

i took MF and QL on earlier builds & loved em!
but after playing a bit... i ended up avoiding short-cut skills.
this game is far from over & i have PLENTY of time to hunt for fancy toys (or xp) as i wait for an update.

but that's my play style and obsession level
(i know i wont stop playing this game or visiting the forum)

A.T.A. (at its finest!) :lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I agree with lady black and Nyktos. I recoment combat speed 2 and evasion 3 before anything else
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Finally finished the Prim/BW quest line :D

Considering I haven't yet applied the update so am still running on 6.10 (I think) would you recommend that I go back to grinding for my first RoLs again or start grinding for the RoL or should I just head back over the the Iquan caves for the XP?

The only 3 quests I have left are the three that weren't finishable for 6.10:
Search for Andor, Lost Treasures, and A Lost Potion.
Last edited by fiernaq on Wed May 23, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

you can make 100% sure of your version by checking the upper right hand side of the title screen
[white font on a grey background]

the RoLS is amazing if you don't have Regeneration,
but the Polished Ring of Backstab is SOOO close that i would go for the RoL!
(the Polished Ring has no BC boost either - big deal :lol: )
[best non-critical weapon, in my opinion - nothing compares to what it offers]

pretty sure the rogue in the Guard Station sells it...
just under $4K
dont get me wrong, the RoLS is sweet...
i have gotten 7 in the year or so i have played,
and only one RoL - it is a PAIN to get!!!

just my opinions, good luck in your adventures!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:I agree with lady black and Nyktos. I recoment combat speed 2 and evasion 3 before anything else
I agree with Combat Speed but i still see no need for Evasion (I dont understand why people like it so much, i feel there are better skills than evasion) -Opinion-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

The reason for evasion is entirely dependent on the specific build I chose. With a grand total of -5% BC and 0% CC my only hope is to kill before I get killed. With 6 attacks per round, high AD and AC, the only way I get hurt is when the monster attacks first. If I can eliminate that as a possibility then I will have raised my survivability by an incredible amount.

Plus I tend to walk right by monsters because my finger wasn't quite in the right place and hopefully evasion make it so I don't get attacked while running circles around my target. :lol:

*edit* 100 posts :D wheeee!!!
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

fiernaq wrote:The reason for evasion is entirely dependent on the specific build I chose. With a grand total of -5% BC and 0% CC my only hope is to kill before I get killed. With 6 attacks per round, high AD and AC, the only way I get hurt is when the monster attacks first. If I can eliminate that as a possibility then I will have raised my survivability by an incredible amount.

Plus I tend to walk right by monsters because my finger wasn't quite in the right place and hopefully evasion make it so I don't get attacked while running circles around my target. :lol:

*edit* 100 posts :D wheeee!!!
+1

very well said.

evasion is great IF you need it!

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"