New player

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: New player

Post by DarkSavant13 »

This thread has turned into a great place for newer players to learn the ropes when starting out in the game. All they have to do is follow fiernaq's experiences and they can learn a lot. :)

DarkSavant13
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

DarkSavant13 wrote:I usually go the other route, killing dogs, boars, and foxes. You get meat from all three, but may have to spend a meat if the boars or foxes crit (doesn't happen super often). The reason I go this route is the boots that the boars drop, worth 111 gold each, plus the gold worth of the dogs and boars and their experience. So, I get meat for healing very easily and boots for gold.
Hmm, I forgot about that. I remember picking up some boots from time to time but didn't know that it was the boars that dropped them. That's definitely a possibility and makes me want to compare a new char doing it that way to the old snake cave method for starting out. My guess is you might end up with more gold (depending on drop rate of the boots) but less meat than you would for the equivalent amount of time spent in the snake caves. Definitely worth trying out though. Thanks for pointing that out :)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Well, I had over 5000 gold by level 10 if that tells you anything. I took Magicfinder at lvl 8, though, to get more boots for gold. I've changed my mind about Magicfinder because it's a moneymaker. Maybe even better than Treasure Hunter? You sell the low level items you find, like the boots, and make a killing. ;)

DarkSavant13
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Well, I had over 5000 gold by level 10 if that tells you anything. I took Magicfinder at lvl 8, though, to get more boots for gold. I've changed my mind about Magicfinder because it's a moneymaker. Maybe even better than Treasure Hunter? You sell the low level items you find, like the boots, and make a killing. ;)

DarkSavant13
Magic Finder is supposed to only work on the drop rate for non-ordinary items, mainly the L&E items, but it could work on the ones labeled as "rare" depending on how its coded.

I think the boots just drop a lot because they're common. But that being said, if I need the money, I can sell a crate of Chaos Reapers :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Mino wrote:
Magic Finder is supposed to only work on the drop rate for non-ordinary items, mainly the L&E items, but it could work on the ones labeled as "rare" depending on how its coded.

I think the boots just drop a lot because they're common. But that being said, if I need the money, I can sell a crate of Chaos Reapers :D
We're talking about new players scraping together anything they can, lol, not someone with spare crates of Chaos Reapers. :lol:

I knew it was supposed to be for L&E items, but it seemed to work so well.

I have tried it out twice, but I guess it is within the realm of possibility that it could be coincidence. If someone knows the coding of the boots, etc., and could correct me if wrong, it would be much appreciated. I would hate to give new players the wrong advice. :(
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[Copied right off my phone from the Skills menu]
Magic Finder: Increases the chance of finding non-ordingary items by 50% for every skill level.

It seems like it should effect the droprates of Rare, Legendary, and Extraordinary items. :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:[Copied right off my phone from the Skills menu]
Magic Finder: Increases the chance of finding non-ordingary items by 50% for every skill level.

It seems like it should effect the droprates of Rare, Legendary, and Extraordinary items. :mrgreen:
That's what I figured, except that I took it to mean any drop not ordinary, such as the boots, since their drop rate is (was) much lower than the other items dropped by a boar. The point may be moot in any case. The drop rate for boots has been radically altered so going that route may be the wrong way to go, Magicfinder or not. My much longwinded explanation of my thoughts here: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1598
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Ah ha! Finally found this old thread. I've finally surpassed every other build I've ever worked on getting to lvl 38 and completing all of the 6.10 content available including the infamous Dagger of the Shadow Priests (Iquan caves is easy :P). I've moved on and tried out the Irdegh now and even picked up a couple of Oegyth crystals although I'll probably have to do some reading to find out what they're for. I also went north and tested out the Scaradon cave and the spider area. So far, the only two creatures that give me any difficulty at all are the Irdeghs and Spiders (I have to attack 3x and then look at HP and if my chances of killing it are low then I flee and try again). I definitely need to get Cleave ASAP as there are quite a few tricky spots where I end up needing some potions afterwards due to engaging multiple monsters at once. Corpse Eater has definitely decreased in benefit now that I can take 20-30 dmg from a single monster and CE only gives me back 1 HP (this could use tweaking so that it scales better?). Regeneration is now the king as I can always find a spot to hide for a bit if I don't want to waste potions/food. I could definitely use the RoLs as well and I may end up calling this quits to go back and grind for it some more. While I probably could get to Remgard if I tried I'm not the kind of player that enjoys hit and run tactics and the only reason I even have evasion is to make me more likely to get the first hit in. Oh well, I'll go there at some point when I can face Irdeghs with ease and dispatch them by the horde.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

fiernaq wrote: ...I've moved on and tried out the Irdegh now and even picked up a couple of Oegyth crystals although I'll probably have to do some reading to find out what they're for...
so you don't hafta dig...

we don't know what the Crystals are for yet,
but they will be like a form of currency...
you can trade them for rare / unique items in the future.

right now, there are only five to find.
once you kill the mob that has it, it never respawns...
careful though, they are stronger versions of their counterparts.

best of luck to you!

:twisted:

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:Ah ha! Finally found this old thread. I've finally surpassed every other build I've ever worked on getting to lvl 38 and completing all of the 6.10 content available including the infamous Dagger of the Shadow Priests (Iquan caves is easy :P). I've moved on and tried out the Irdegh now and even picked up a couple of Oegyth crystals although I'll probably have to do some reading to find out what they're for. I also went north and tested out the Scaradon cave and the spider area. So far, the only two creatures that give me any difficulty at all are the Irdeghs and Spiders (I have to attack 3x and then look at HP and if my chances of killing it are low then I flee and try again). I definitely need to get Cleave ASAP as there are quite a few tricky spots where I end up needing some potions afterwards due to engaging multiple monsters at once. Corpse Eater has definitely decreased in benefit now that I can take 20-30 dmg from a single monster and CE only gives me back 1 HP (this could use tweaking so that it scales better?). Regeneration is now the king as I can always find a spot to hide for a bit if I don't want to waste potions/food. I could definitely use the RoLs as well and I may end up calling this quits to go back and grind for it some more. While I probably could get to Remgard if I tried I'm not the kind of player that enjoys hit and run tactics and the only reason I even have evasion is to make me more likely to get the first hit in. Oh well, I'll go there at some point when I can face Irdeghs with ease and dispatch them by the horde.
Be careful out there, road to Remgard can be lethal one...

goog hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1