v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Controls & Interface

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Controls & Interface

Post by nyktos »

~ v0.6.10 ~ [this post last updated: 8.april.2012]

The Chest - Quickslots [Long press the pouches inside to assign items for instant use]
The Hero - Menu [Overview, Quests, Skills & Inventory *]
The Enemy - Information [Appears during Combat]

* ("press" an item for information & "long press" for more options)

Actions taken during battle cost AP...

Attacking - [3AP] *
Using Items - [5AP]
Fleeing - [6AP]

* (Equipping Gear & Using Items may alter AP & usage)

During Combat, long press a tile adjacent to The Hero...

~To Flee~
(chosen tile is highlighted - Attack Button changes to Move)
[flee mode activated - Long press enemy to re-enter combat]

~To Change Targets~
(the red target highlight shifts between enemies)
[the target has been changed]

[ pending ]

~ For Skills~
WA - Weapon Accuracy | HH - Hard Hit | BS - Bark Skin
MC - More Criticals | BC - Better Criticals | CS - Combat Speed
TH - Treasure Hunter | QL - Quick Learner | CE - Corpse Eater
IF - Increased Fortitude | FM - Failure Mastery | MF - Magic Finder
SM - Strong Mind | EB - Enduring Body | PB - Pure Blood

~For Extraordinary & Legendary Items~
ElyR - Elytharan Redeemer | RoL - Raiper of Lifesteal | RoLS - Ring of Lesser Shadow
ShaF - Shadowfang | GoLF - Gloves of Life Force | ChaR - Chaosreaper

Refresh the item list in a shop by tilting your phone.
[causing the screen to shift from vertical to horizontal display]

Captain Awesome's Combat Wiki!!!
Combat system

Combat in Andor's Trail is divided into turns. If the player engages in combat, the players starts with his or her turn. If a monster engages combat, the monsters start with their turn. In the player's turn, the player is initially given an amount of Action Points (AP) to spend as the player sees fit. Actions that use up action points could be attacking, using a potion or moving to an adjacent tile. The player's turn lasts until the player has no AP left to spend. Then combat proceeds with the monsters' turn. On the monsters' turn, all monsters are also given an initial amount of AP to spend. All monsters that are adjacent to the player attack in sequence until no monsters have any AP left to do any further actions. The combat revolves this way until either all the monsters have been killed, or the player has been killed.

If all monsters are killed, the player is rewarded with experience and loot. The amount of experince and loot items (including gold) is determined by monster type.

If the player is killed in combat, the player loses 30% of the built up experience of the current level. Note that the percentage is within the current level, so you can never lose so much experience that you decrease in level.

Base statistics and equipment effects

Each actor (player and monster) has a Base combat statistics, that determine how proficient the actor is at fighting. This is also called Unequipped combat statistics. These statistics are made up of the following components:

Attack cost (actions points)
Chance to hit (%)
Critical chance (%)
Critical multiplier
Damage potential
Block chance (%)
Damage resistance

The actor can wear weapons, clothing and items that affect these statistics, thereby creating a Equipped combat statistics. Equipped combat statistics is calculated by adding the item's combat statistics to the actor's base combat statistics. The only exceptions to this rule are the following:

Attack cost is purely determined by the weapon's attack cost.
Critical chance is purely determined by the weapon's critical chance.

Attack action

When using the attack action in combat, the attack is handled in the following way:

Determine the chance of the attacker hitting the target. Call this X. See below for how this is calculated.
Roll a 100-sided dice.
If the dice value is greater than X, the attack is considered a miss and no damage is done.
Otherwise, the attack is considered a hit. Determine damage in the following way
Using the attackers damage potiential, pick a random number in this interval. Call this D.
If the attacker has a chance of doing a critical hit (has critical chance > 0%), roll a 100 sided dice. If the dice value is less than or equal to the critical chance, the attack is considered a critical hit. Multiply D by the attacker's critical multiplier.
Subtract the target's damage resistance from D.
The attack causes D HP to be lost on the target. If the target has 0 or less HP left, the target dies.

Chance to hit

The chance to hit in Andor's Trail v0.6.6 is calculated in the following way:

Determine the attacker's chance to hit. Call this A. (This value might be greaten than 100)
Determine the target's block chance. Call this B.
Calculate C = A - B
Calculate F = 50 * (1 + (2/pi) * ATAN( (C - 50) / 40 ) )
This function will produce a number between 0 and 100.
If C is 50, then F will be 50.
If C is high (the attacker's chance to hit is higher than the target's block chance), then F will be near 100.
If C is low, then F will be 50.
The chance to hit (in percent) is F.

Damage

Damage is calculated by the attacker's damage potential, which is usually specified in an interval. The attack damage is a random number in that interval. If the target has any damage resistance, the resulting damage is reduced by the target's damage resistance.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Controls & Interface

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote: --Icons--

The Box - Quickslots [Long press to assign items for instant use]
Nyktos,

I would suggest calling "The Box" "The Treasure Chest". It took me a second to realize what you were referring to.
Also, you don't "long press" "The Box", you "long press" the menu slots that "The Box" displays. :D

Otherwise, it looks good.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
GiftOfDeath
android_version: 2.2

Post by GiftOfDeath »

Thank you, I was wondering how to use those quick slot, just didn't leave my thumb on the phone long enough :x
Necrite
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Necrite »

nyktos wrote:--Notes--

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Necrite wrote:
nyktos wrote:--Notes--

"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Gecq
android_version: 4.0

Post by Gecq »

Free market! No regulations! :mrgreen:
dkr

Post by dkr »

To add to "Captain Awesome's Combat Wiki!" in this post which I also found here: http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... ion:combat I created a graphical plot of the chance to hit with gnuplot.(attached .png)
We might also make it a bit more clear by pointing a few other key plot points aside from 50,50; such as if 0,21 20,30 80,70 102,80. Knowing that you aren't going to get much better than 85% and that there is a 21-ish percent chance to hit when attack chance minus block chance is 0 are useful pieces of info, I think. :)
andors-trail-chance-to-hit-plot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

dkr wrote:To add to "Captain Awesome's Combat Wiki!" in this post which I also found here: http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... ion:combat I created a graphical plot of the chance to hit with gnuplot.(attached .png)
We might also make it a bit more clear by pointing a few other key plot points aside from 50,50; such as if 0,21 20,30 80,70 102,80. Knowing that you aren't going to get much better than 85% and that there is a 21-ish percent chance to hit when attack chance minus block chance is 0 are useful pieces of info, I think. :)
Wow what a first post!

Awesome graph! Very helpful!

Welcome to the forums DKR!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Necrite

Post by Necrite »

dkr wrote:To add to "Captain Awesome's Combat Wiki!" in this post which I also found here: http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... ion:combat I created a graphical plot of the chance to hit with gnuplot.(attached .png)
That brings up something I've been meaning to ask for a while: How much AC is needed to hit that cap against the highest BC currently in the game? Is it simply 120 points higher than the BC, or is the formula more complex?

I really should just look up the formulas myself so I can figure it out on my own. :p

Or I could FULLY read the chart, including the line that says "C = AC - BC". Total fail on my part.
Lvl: 25, XP: 274711, Gold: 13236, RoLS: 1, SR 97,
HP: 61, AC: 175%, AD: 20-31, ECC: 15%, CM: 2.0, BC: 55%, DR: 3
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

around 100% (more AC than NPCs BC) it looks like you are hitting with a success rate of a lil under 80%

around 120% (more AC than NPC's BC) it looks like you are hitting with a success rate of a lil under 85%

The NPC in game with the Highest BC (that isnt a boss NPC) is 175%

But this NPC can infect you and lower your AC up to 70%

Sooooo. (AC needed to hit 85% of the time)----> X = 175 + 120 + 70
X = 365%

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!