v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Loneford & Guardhouse Area Quest

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
only1doug
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Loneford & Guardhouse Area Quest

Post by only1doug »

mail across your save file and i'll have a look if you like, i'll PM you my e-mail addy
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
positive
android_version: 4.0

Post by positive »

positive wrote:I have new thougths, but I'm cautious to consider any of them a bug. :) What do you think about them?

Since the Duleian road has been opened in v0.7.0, any low level character can reach Loneford without a fight, thus it is possible to accomplish the Flows through the veins quest, where fighting is also not neccessary. The quest completition gives a very huge amount of experience (15.000), and makes possible that the character can achieve many (at least 5-6) level ups in an instant. (I do not know and find the exact necessary experience for the different levels.) Before v0.7.0 the larval burrowers (south from Crossroads Guardhouse) weren't allow such a leap. I know it is very very unlikely that someone finds Loneford and completes the quest without any hint, but it is definitely possible. Although I took the advantage of it :D, I think that a blocking monster should be set somewhere on the Duleian road also.

2. After the Flows through the veins quest has been completed I can continue to talk about the illness with many npcs. (e.g Minarra in the tower) I promised to Buceth that I keep the secret, so it is not necessary illogical, but weird. (This is like in Foaming Flask Tavern about Rincel after the Uncertain cause quest, and many others.)

3. After I completed The path is clear to me quest, I asked Minarra about the trade. She directed me to Gandoren, but I couldn't talk to him in this topic until the Feygard errands quest hasn't been started (maybe finished). Even if he refused the trading possibility, there should be an option to talk about it.

4. I made a mistake. I promised to kill sheeps, and started the Cheap cuts quest, but I don't want to kill them anymore, since I have talked to Tinlyn and seen those cute litte sheeps. :lol: I cannot tell to Benbyr that I changed my mind, and the quest is remain in "In progress" status. :roll:
Nobody? :roll:

5. There are four different frantic forest wasps. Why don't they have a prefix (giant, tough, young, ...) in their names?[/spoiler]

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=997
FIELD OF FRANTIC FOREST WASPS
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: enlarged spoiler
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

positive wrote:
positive wrote:I have new thougths, but I'm cautious to consider any of them a bug. :) What do you think about them?

Since the Duleian road has been opened in v0.7.0, any low level character can reach Loneford without a fight, thus it is possible to accomplish the Flows through the veins quest, where fighting is also not neccessary. The quest completition gives a very huge amount of experience (15.000), and makes possible that the character can achieve many (at least 5-6) level ups in an instant. (I do not know and find the exact necessary experience for the different levels.) Before v0.7.0 the larval burrowers (south from Crossroads Guardhouse) weren't allow such a leap. I know it is very very unlikely that someone finds Loneford and completes the quest without any hint, but it is definitely possible. Although I took the advantage of it :D, I think that a blocking monster should be set somewhere on the Duleian road also.

2. After the Flows through the veins quest has been completed I can continue to talk about the illness with many npcs. (e.g Minarra in the tower) I promised to Buceth that I keep the secret, so it is not necessary illogical, but weird. (This is like in Foaming Flask Tavern about Rincel after the Uncertain cause quest, and many others.)

3. After I completed The path is clear to me quest, I asked Minarra about the trade. She directed me to Gandoren, but I couldn't talk to him in this topic until the Feygard errands quest hasn't been started (maybe finished). Even if he refused the trading possibility, there should be an option to talk about it.

4. I made a mistake. I promised to kill sheeps, and started the Cheap cuts quest, but I don't want to kill them anymore, since I have talked to Tinlyn and seen those cute litte sheeps. :lol: I cannot tell to Benbyr that I changed my mind, and the quest is remain in "In progress" status. :roll:
Nobody? :roll:

5. There are four different frantic forest wasps. Why don't they have a prefix (giant, tough, young, ...) in their names?[/spoiler]

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=997
FIELD OF FRANTIC FOREST WASPS
1) I like this. IMO it is small benefits for those who knows more about AT
2) Quest is completed, but the ilnes is still there
3) IMO it makes sense that they do not want trade anything wit stranger... but after some favors
4) You need to kill them or start over.. I like Oskars attitude "you need to live with you choises"
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: enlarged spoiler
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
only1doug

Post by only1doug »

Antison wrote:Okay, thanks. I will go back for the 100th time.

Edit: no luck. No guard at the crossroads even mentions it.

I've just checked, I'm pretty sure that you need to talk to Minarra before the quest can progress, unfortunately Minarra is focused on "The path is clear to me" quest and won't discuss the "Flows through the veins" quest with you at the moment. (until you have dealt with Rogorn).

What you are missing (quest log entry):
The guards in the Crossroads guardhouse are certain that the illness in Loneford is caused by some sabotage done by the priests or people from Nor city.
Antison wrote:
Mino wrote:Tek,
I think what you're missing is talking to one of the NPCs in the fields, who tells you to talk to the guy in the tavern which eventually leads to Buceth.
Mino,
Nope. I've talked to them both many times.

Do I need to complete Minnara's (crossroads) quest first?
Yes, this is exactly what you need to do.
Lvl: 80, XP: -, Gold: -, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0
HP: 259, AC: 250%, AD: 63-69, AP: 2, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 30%, DR: 5
flurgx
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: loneford flows thru my veins

Post by flurgx »

Hi there!

Just want to tell that I got the same problem.
And now it's already 2014 :O
would be good to get that fixed...

why can a level 12 get a quest that's probably for a level 20+ and by that is locking other doable quests?

Too sad

actually in my case it's like that: I talked to 3 of the 4 main person, the guard won't talk to me about the illness, although I do not even know what guard it is. But I'm pretty sure I tried all of them :-)

does it have to do anything with the lady in the tower?

I would appreciate help very much in this case!
PK17

Re: loneford flows thru my veins

Post by PK17 »

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1485

:!: Read this thread, it should help answer some questions
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
flurgx
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by flurgx »

only1doug wrote:

I've just checked, I'm pretty sure that you need to talk to Minarra before the quest can progress, unfortunately Minarra is focused on "The path is clear to me" quest and won't discuss the "Flows through the veins" quest with you at the moment. (until you have dealt with Rogorn).

What you are missing (quest log entry):
The guards in the Crossroads guardhouse are certain that the illness in Loneford is caused by some sabotage done by the priests or people from Nor city.
Antison wrote:
Mino wrote:Tek,
I think what you're missing is talking to one of the NPCs in the fields, who tells you to talk to the guy in the tavern which eventually leads to Buceth.
Mino,
Nope. I've talked to them both many times.

Do I need to complete Minnara's (crossroads) quest first?
Yes, this is exactly what you need to do.
Thank you for that "only1doug"
That was exactly the same problem I experienced (and am still expierencing)
Hope someone writes it on the "needs fixing" list ;)

may the shadows be with you
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Made a bug report for you guys!

Happy hunting everyone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fala

Post by Fala »

Strange. You can start the quest "it runs through my veins" by talking to Gandoren, in the right corner of the guardhouse. I just tested it with a newly created character who hasn't spoken to anyone else. (Nice thing btw to go directly to Gandowen, solve the quest and collect 15000 xp without any fighting - you just have to side with Buceth at the end). After that you go to Loneford and speak with the farmer Rolwyn on the bottom left crop field. And you talk with with Sienn, the guy with the strange creature, Buceth, Landa (in the pub) and at the and with Buceth again. (I probably forgot some villager)
failgod
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by failgod »

Possible bug? I finished all the guardhouse quests but can't rest in the guardhouse. I can buy from Minarra, but she still talks about the illness.