v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Critical Chance changes from v0.6.10 to v0.6.11

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Critical Chance changes from v0.6.10 to v0.6.11

Post by Antison »

lady black wrote:But most of the effects do not actually do anything during the battle in which you get them. The main effect is during the next 5 or 10 rounds, when the monster will be dead. So how do you give a monster an effect? If you give him a bleeding wound, what happens? Does he lose one extra HP from blood loss? Big deal! It certainly does not make up for a one hundred HP loss from a critical hit that didn't happen.
I am OK with my ECC being half of my current CC, I just don't see the point in wasting programing time on adding effects that will not do anything to the (already dead) monsters. Chaotic grip and fatigue are the two effects that take effect immediately, so they might be useful, reducing the monster's ability to harm you or increasing your ability to harm it. Except for those two, and whatever "stun" might be, I would say forget about causing monsters effects in place of our critical hits. I don't know what stun is, but it sounds like it should start during the battle that causes it, so it would also be useful.
+1
Well said, great points here lady black!
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

tek wrote:
lady black wrote:But most of the effects do not actually do anything during the battle in which you get them. The main effect is during the next 5 or 10 rounds, when the monster will be dead. So how do you give a monster an effect? If you give him a bleeding wound, what happens? Does he lose one extra HP from blood loss? Big deal! It certainly does not make up for a one hundred HP loss from a critical hit that didn't happen.
I am OK with my ECC being half of my current CC, I just don't see the point in wasting programing time on adding effects that will not do anything to the (already dead) monsters. Chaotic grip and fatigue are the two effects that take effect immediately, so they might be useful, reducing the monster's ability to harm you or increasing your ability to harm it. Except for those two, and whatever "stun" might be, I would say forget about causing monsters effects in place of our critical hits. I don't know what stun is, but it sounds like it should start during the battle that causes it, so it would also be useful.
+1
Well said, great points here lady black!

i just assumed it would go without saying...
but i guess i will elaborate on my thought process.

if the hero hits with a critical and lands an actor condition on a mob,
that actor condition will be something effective.
(as opposed to offering you a pointless reward)

causing a constant drop in HP over time (poison - type)
lowering of defenses (fatigue - type)
cause them to lose a turn... etc.

we are looking for ideas that would suit this new critical system,
new conditions, new icons to display them, and so on.
(keep in mind we have plenty of unused icons to choose from)

actually, i kinda like that idea...
just popped outta my head!
(referring to my suggestion above - a mob occasionally losing a turn when struck with your critical)

some criticals cause the mob to lose AP?
i would love to hit 10 times in a row!

:lol:

EDIT:

keep in mind, this game isn't being developed for a level 250 that can one-shot everything

:D

although, i can imagine a place full of EXTREMELY rough mobs that would make even the most seasoned AT fan check their Bonemeal supply!

but... that's just my imagination - we'll see what happens!
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Well said Lady Black and Nyktos!

I agree that if the criticals had a status effect they should be something that has a more of an effect than the conditions we currently have in the game. I think an status effect that effects the player would make sence, maybe like a temperary bonus in AC or AD for X amount of turns. It's effects can't stack but if you get another crit the timer resets to X turns again. Then you can grind and get a lil boost from geting crits, but its still not anything too over powered. Just an idea.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

I think that longest fight I ever had (without critical hits) was against Iragato, and lasted 5 or 6 turns. So a critical hit that caused a bleeding wound in my first turn would cause a total of 5 or 6 HP damage, 1/turn. Even at the low level I was at during that fight, that was not worth much of anything. The best suggestion I have seen so far is the monster losing a turn. This would automatically scale to the monster's strength (and, presumably yours), and would actually be worth something. Other than that, the suggestion that the effect be on the character's AC or BC for x turns seems to me to be the best idea.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:I think that longest fight I ever had (without critical hits) was against Iragato, and lasted 5 or 6 turns. So a critical hit that caused a bleeding wound in my first turn would cause a total of 5 or 6 HP damage, 1/turn. Even at the low level I was at during that fight, that was not worth much of anything. The best suggestion I have seen so far is the monster losing a turn. This would automatically scale to the monster's strength (and, presumably yours), and would actually be worth something. Other than that, the suggestion that the effect be on the character's AC or BC for x turns seems to me to be the best idea.
While compleating the lvl 1 challange i had quite a few epicly long battles. I think at one point i ended up with over 30 bleeding wounds and 2 Weak poisons (which killed me instantly after winning the battle)

I think the monster loosing a turn would be the best option (out of the ones given so far).

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!