Ascii art

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Ascii art

Post by Antison »

lady black wrote:Tek, don't look at the lines, look at the spaces inside the lines. Try holding the phone at arm's length and looking "through" the screen rather than at it.
See it now?
NOPE! :evil:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Mine is a much simplified version without the fancy font and cool effects that Oscar pulled off.

Code: Select all

.      *             _                                  +          @          
   ~                                       ^         "                                  
          ~M%M~    .$%%.    .BG#%MH%#@R;.     .%#M%$%L %^*?*-*^L.   .+^"*+L.            
        .%     %.  %   %.   %   5        ^   P       '$#         \ 7       $      *     
        %       %  @    %.  %   %         ? &         []   ~~.    l   +*+._]            
 &     []   ^   [] %    []  @   #   $"\    %   .dT$.   L  [   >   1  [                  
       A   / \   A M      \ %   %   [  ]   l   7   G   T   *~"   /*   ?*"~.     ~       
      []   ~~~   []%       .&   G   [  ]   !   4   %   I        7  2       \            
      %           H%   ?    $   M   [  ]   1   2   #   ]   F\   &   "+~L.   ]        "  
  `   &     _     &%   #L       @   [  ]   I   L   P   H   V $   &       \  $           
     []   [] []   []   % $      %   $_/   7&    WO#   []   B  G   R +~.  ]  7           
     #    %   #    #   &  ^     &        P' %         ?%   %   Y   T   *"  /     %      
 .   K    %   P    %  []   []  .M       %'   @       # M   G    H   L.    7             
     """""'   '"""""""'     """"""""""""      """""""  '"""'     """' """"              
    +                                                                         ?         
          BU%#C()R%&GH#MO^*?*-*^L.        ~M%M~   %O&4MK8G#%%#RW.                       
          $             F         \     .%     %. [        ]    %                       
          #%MK9C   @MU%&#   ~~.    l    %       % *~+    +~*    9      ~                
               R   %   #   [   >   1   []   ^   []   l  l  %    U                       
  *            W   #   %    *~"   /*   A   / \   A   [  ]  F    D                 "     
         :     F   6   6         7    []   ~~~   []  |  |  #    &                       
               %   B   M    F\   &    %           %  1  1  H    $                       
               6   4   K    V $   &   &     _     &  |  |  &    N                       
               4   G   #    B  G   R []   [] []   []_l  L_.G    ~-*+~*+.      %         
    +          E   %   %    %   Y   T#    %   #    #       K           F                
               %   #   []   G    H   L    %   P    %       H           K                
               '"""'    '"""'     """'""""'   '""""""""""""'"""""""""""'                
        ^                  _                              .                         +   
                .                         ~                           *                 
Last edited by fiernaq on Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Thanks, fiernaq! That is really an impressive reproduction of the original illustration. All I was getting was the top ten lines or so of the text that goes into making up the picture. Just the wingtips. I had seen the original in the Wikipedia article, but had no idea what the Ascii thing was.

Tek: unlike the Jabberwocky picture, Oscar's post is the words "Andors Trail" in tall, fat letters. Sort of like what it would look like if written in letters made of the long, skinny balloons people use to knot into various animals, and the letters are all squooshed together with no space between them. If you still can't see it, I'm out of suggestions.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

I think it would be easier to see if the letters were thicker.
Antison

Post by Antison »

sdevaney wrote:I think it would be easier to see if the letters were thicker.
Scott,

Can you see oskar's :?: I still don't see it. :oops: :x
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

tek wrote:
sdevaney wrote:I think it would be easier to see if the letters were thicker.
Scott,

Can you see oskar's :?: I still don't see it. :oops: :x
Yes I can see it :P My suggestion to make the letters thicker could maybe be done by simply adding another row outside the current so there would be more space between the letters and around, at least in my head that seems like it would make it easier to read.
lady black

Post by lady black »

I think it would be easier to see if the lines were in different colors for the different letters, rather than all black. Is it possible to do that?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I don't have any problem making out what they say. Are you checking the forums from your phone or a computer Tek? Sometimes when i check from my phone it will ajust the text to fit within the screen and that would cause the picture to be a big jumble.

I always found these to be really cool, they remind me of stratagy guides from when i was a kid.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lady black

Post by lady black »

I am just on my phone (since I don't have a computer) and it was hard to see, but became visible (enough to make out what it said) when I held it away and looked "through" it. I still can't really see the individual lettters at all well.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

lady black wrote:I am just on my phone (since I don't have a computer) and it was hard to see, but became visible (enough to make out what it said) when I held it away and looked "through" it. I still can't really see the individual lettters at all well.
You also have to be sure to zoom out as far as you can otherwise it can shift the lines around.

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!