v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Newest Release Discussion - Currently 0.6.11

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
insink71
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Newest Release Discussion - Currently 0.6.11

Post by insink71 »

Ok Since this is bound to change over time, I will try to keep this OP updated with links to the most current version. There maybe already a thread like this, but I didn't see it if it exists.
Edit: added info to thread(s) found.

0.6.11 Official has landed :) woot woot
Official Announcement: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1642
Previous Beta:
Official Announcement: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1599

Previous Alpha:
Official Anouncement thread [great info here]: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1556
Where do I get it?
Official code repo: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list
Precompiled: on Google Play Store/Google Market

----------------------------------------------------------
To start, I love the developers choices in what I've seen so far.
  • Once one kills a critter, there is now a splat or bloodspot.
  • Also, the quick select chest has been updated with item count.
  • I do not know if any of the three unsolvable quests got updated, but I did spy Nyktos making a quest post for the Remgard [and surrounding] area. Ref: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1525
  • Inventory items are manageable [you can move to top/move to bottom] or Extended long-press menu.
  • Boar poaching is not as lucrative [less boots]; Good mechanics adjustment.
  • Only have noticed one potential bug [personally]. Fatigue's indicator doesn't seem to clear when condition rounds out; had to do a status and then back to clear it... Might just be my device. Didn't notice it with other conditions though.
  • D-Pad and movement enhancement added
Nice work as far as I can tell so far.
Rob

Summarized previous discussion posts into one bulleted list [per combine]
Begin 0.6.11 [thread actually begins with beta] discussions...
Last edited by insink71 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 am, edited 18 times in total.
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher
Lvl: 41 | XP: 1241954 | Gold: 1266 | Date:06/18/2012
HP: 98 | AC: 198% | AD: 27-37 | AP: 3
CC: 0% | CM: 0.0 | BC: 107% | DR: 1

RoLS: 0 | ElyR: 0 | RoL: 0 | ChaR: 0 | GoLF: 1 | ShaF: 0 | SRoV: 0 | VSH: 0
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Re: Newest [Alpha] Release Discussion - Currently 0.6.11a

Post by duallifes »

insink71 wrote:Some more stuff I noticed:
  • Inventory items are manageable [you can move to top/move to bottom] or Extended long-press menu.
  • Boar poaching is not as lucrative [less boots]; Good mechanics adjustment.
  • Only have noticed one potential bug [personally]. Fatigue's indicator doesn't seem to clear when condition rounds out; had to do a status and then back to clear it... Might just be my device. Didn't notice it with other conditions though.
Rob
I also noticed (I am using the latest beta 0.6.11b1) that negative indicators doesnt clear when condition rounds out, I have to go to character sheet and back to clear it.
I got this atleast in the new Volcano area from those annoying pesky new mobs that I will slay hundreds of thousands times later when I get more lvls. I am not mad, I am just revengous!
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Newest [Beta] Release Discussion - Currently 0.6.11b1

Post by DarkSavant13 »

About the boars... :P

The drop rate seems too low at this point as far as the boots are concerned. I went to check it out since I recently suggested them to the boring endless grinding of snakes. There was much more variety in that area compared to the snake cave and a way to gain good meat AND coin. I do agree that the drop of the boots needed to be lowered... a bit. But after 20 boars and one boot between them, I fear the chance has been lowered too much.

Being as close to Crossglen as it is, it needs to be a good alternative to the snake cave, an exciting alternative for those that crave more challenge than the cave of serpents. ;) To me, the cave was much less of a challenge than the "boar path" and so when creating a new character the boar path is the one I preferred, because with the challenge came the rewards. Now that the "rewards" are so diminished, unbalanced, the boring collecting of meat for sale may be the better, yet dissapointing, choice.

I know that this was done with great intention. :) So I thought I would let ya know my opinion and the import of what may seem to be such a small thing is to newer players. ;)
insink71

Post by insink71 »

I had a lil start-me-out player I killed boars with. I only gleaned two pairs of boots in several hours; however, I was able to get enough meat sales to buy every item sold in Crossglen. I did used to grind on boars [notice sig], but I agree with change. You really don't see all that many wild boars running around with boots around their necks IRL, and games emulate reality somewhat. Crossglen was enjoyable though, and it was done 1-6. A reasonable amount of time to master a town's shops and local critters. I don't see a downside other than me having to change my sig ;)

Rob
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher

fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Perhaps change the boots to a valuable piece of leather that drops more frequently but worth slightly less?
duallifes wrote:I also noticed (I am using the latest beta 0.6.11b1) that negative indicators doesnt clear when condition rounds out, I have to go to character sheet and back to clear it.
I've experienced the same issue and as far as I can tell it is only Fatigue that is affected by this "bug". It will usually go away eventually but if I check my status and watch it drop 1 round at a time and then when it reaches 1 round left I stop checking and wait it can sometimes stick around another minute or two unless I check status and then it'll go away immediately. Samsung Galaxy Saga II Epic 4G Touch here and haven't tried on any other devices.
Last edited by fiernaq on Wed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
insink71

Post by insink71 »

Must be a bug then. Same behavior on two different HTC devices [for me]. Thanks for chiming in and confirming. I'll make my way over to the development thread and make the bug report [if it has not already been mentioned over there].
Edit: Mentioned on beta announcement thread; bugged on google code.
Edit2: woot woot. These guys are fast. Fixed bug and released beta2.

Rob

PS Future future idea [just pulling this out of a hat]. The boars drop Boar hide(s). Then.. you could visit an Artisan to fashion you some stylish boots [in another area.. maybe Primm] Would like to see the Woodcutter in Feygard also become an artisan [maybe shields].
Last edited by insink71 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher

DarkSavant13

Re: Newest [Beta] Release Discussion - Currently 0.6.11b2

Post by DarkSavant13 »

fiernaq wrote:Perhaps change the boots to a valuable piece of leather that drops more frequently but worth slightly less?
Bingo! I had the same idea. :D Since the boots don't make as much sense, but leather would. Leave the boots, but add good leather as well, to balance things out. Maybe make the leather worth 25 gold and set it to the old drop frequency of the boots?
insink71

Post by insink71 »

Wild Boars [currently] drop:
  • Leather Boots [3%] about 111 gold [not as frequently as before]
  • Meat about 25 gold
  • Animal hair about 2 gold
I'm assuming this discussion is saying replace the last item.. or make it worth a little more [sometimes replacing totally doesn't go over well].. Alright I'll buy in. Good logic says the snake's poison glands are worth more and they are easier to kill; so, why not?

Rob
Last edited by insink71 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher

DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

insink71 wrote:Wild Boars [currently] drop:
  • Leather Boots [3%] about 111 gold [not as frequently as before]
  • Meat about 25 gold
  • Fur not sure, but a few gold
I'm assuming this discussion is saying replace the last item.. or make it worth a little more [sometimes replacing totally doesn't go over well].. Alright I'll buy in. Good logic says the snake's poison glands are worth more and they are easier to kill; so, why not?

Rob
Doh! Silly mistake. Knew the meat was worth 25 (but meat is more value to me for healing so I rarely sell). Maybe make the leather worth 75 since it may be used in some sort of crafting or something similar some day. ;)

Snake killing bores me silly, lol. No challenge at all, just remove your weapon and wipe the snakes out, over and over and over again. :o *yawn*

Boar path is much better as it is more of a challenge with the worm in the way if you "just have to get them last two boars". ;) And the boots were the reward for "takin' it the hard way", but now we're thinkin' of something else to make it worthwhile again, such as the leather I suggested for 75 gold. Maybe make that at the chance the boots used to be, so that the item makes less money for the player than the boots used to, but the fun is put back in.

The bear path is filled with more variety, challenge, and you don't have to run as far home. Some of us like it that way, we just want equal pay as the snake cave again. I know that those of you that like the snake cave best really don't care, but it means something to us...
insink71

Post by insink71 »

I must concur with you. Some like hunting caves; Me, I like the warm sunshine on my back; so, I suppose I'm a wilds hunter. Boars still a fun target, but I'm an equal-opportunity dispatcher. Although, I do tend to hunt the meat-droppers; as, I'm not a vegan and prefer some rustled-up boar steaks and mead at Ulmar's camp at times.
Iwa
Wild Boar Poacher