Disabilities

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: Disabilities

Post by phydeaux »

Wow... 1.50?!? That's cheap... If you do make the switch down the road, don't get one of those cheap sticks they sell everywhere now, go online and get an ego, preferably with a tank... I believe the starter kits run about 60... But yeah, they are way chapter for me, I was smoking 2 packs a day at $5 a pack, now it costs me around $18 every 2 1/2 weeks :)
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

There is something wrong with that arithmetic. At $1.50/pack, $15=10 packs. At 1/2 pack/day, 1pack = 2days, and 10 packs = 20 days, or ~3 weeks, less than half of the 2 months claimed, closer to one-third.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

lady black wrote:There is something wrong with that arithmetic. At $1.50/pack, $15=10 packs. At 1/2 pack/day, 1pack = 2days, and 10 packs = 20 days, or ~3 weeks, less than half of the 2 months claimed, closer to one-third.
Lol, you are absolutely right, Lady Black. ;) I was thinking of how much I could get for the price others paid for cigarettes as I was typing. Sorry about that. A carton actually lasts me about 20 days.Thanks for catching that. :D
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Smoking is bad , M'kay? I've been trying to quit for a while now, but haven't been successful. :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:Smoking is bad , M'kay? I've been trying to quit for a while now, but haven't been successful. :?
M'kay :?:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:Smoking is bad , M'kay? I've been trying to quit for a while now, but haven't been successful. :?
South park, Mackey;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4HxrVx ... ata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0cCKLn_ ... ata_player

;)
Last edited by Sarumar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:
tek wrote:
South park, Mackey; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4HxrVx ... ata_player

;)
thanks for the info.

No wonder I had no clue what M'kay was. It's from the stupidest show ever created. :!:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote:
thanks for the info. No wonder I had no clue what M'kay was. It's from the stupidest show ever created. :!:
no prob, i kinda like this one, because it is so faaar out ;)
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

It wasn't bad for the Native Americans before the Europeans showed up. Actually, Cancer wasn't even a big deal until the industrial age when polution ran rampant. If you take a HARD look at when the whole anti-smoking movement started, the people of the United States were calling for strict environmental restrictions on fossil fuels, and wanted to put an end to coal-burning plants all-together. Suddenly, the government started encouraging people to stop smoking and started a war on drugs and people latched onto that because it was easier to see physically that someone was smoking near you. The American people were played like a fiddle.

Out of ALL of the people I've known with throat, lung, and any other type of cancer, not a SINGLE ONE smoked or lived around anyone that smoked. And, not a single one believed that smoking causes cancer and every single one blames environmental pollution caused by industry, cars, electricity, etc.. Did you know that processed foods cooked in your microwave are more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke.

Do you know what they do the rats they use to "prove" that smoking causes cancer? They fill a small box, containing the rat, with tobacco smoke 24 hours a day/7 days a week, with just enough oxygen to survive, for months on end. I guess that's one way to get the results you want. As I've said before, too much of anything is bad for you. The rats would get cancer from wood smoke if they used that instead of tobacco smoke, as any irritant to your lungs would do.

On the other hand, it can take very little car exhaust to cause cancer, yet you don't see people giving up their cars (ooooo, the oil companies wouldn't like that). And the electricity running through your house is slowly killing you and is also has a MUCH larger carcinogenic value than tobacco smoke, yet I don't see anyone living without their television, computer, cellphone, or lights.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine and I tend to speak strongly about things I feel strongly about. Not only does it bother me that a natual drug (nicotine) with so many uses has been picked on by people that don't know the truth, but even more because our government is making things up to steer us away from issues that are much more important. It really bothers me because I don't think people should be treated like that by our government, which also encourages non-smokers to treat smokers like second-class citizens.

With RSD I have seen A LOT of doctors, and I don't think I've had a single doctor that didn't smoke, yet about 1/4 of them got on me about my smoking and tried to get me on a "stop smoking program". I even had one preach at me for 1/2 hour about smoking, told me quitting was easy with his program, and waved at me with a sheepish grin on his face as I caught him outside on his smoke break as I was leaving. I never went to him again. There's big money for doctors in "stop smoking programs". AND, why would so many doctor smoke if they actually believe that tobacco smoke causes cancer?

Do you believe that they still have no cure for cancer? Back before the Celts lived in Ireland and Scotland, they lived in Gaul (Spain/France now) before the Romans invaded. During that time, every once in a while, someone would become sick and tumors would appear (advanced stages of cancer) under their skin. Their holy men and doctors (Druids) would use parts of the mistletoe plant too cure people of cancer. Do you really believe that the Druids could do it then but we, with our far more advanced technology can't do it now? They let people die because it is cheaper on our government and more profitable for doctors with their long, drawn-out treatments that don't work. :(

Rant done... ;)
By the way, for anyone that may have cancer, some scientist recently said they found evem more evidence of a cure for cancer using mistletoe, but the story was quickly glossed over with other stuff. Here is a link to some in info about mistletoe and cancer. Pay no attention to the FDA behind the curtain (lame Wizard of Oz reference, lol).

http://m.cancer.org/Treatment/Treatment ... /mistletoe

Always remember that ALL parts of the mistletoe plant is poisonous if taken by mouth, so DON'T EVER EAT IT!
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Aa mater of fact, nicotine fights *most* cancers... Along with being a mild anti-depressant, promoting cartilege health in load bearing joints, and helps slow the progression of alsheimers and dementia... And when did lung cancer & emphysema become prevalent diseases in the smoking community? Oh yeah, about 10 years after U.S. cigarettes had to have "fire prevention & safety" chemicals added to them... Hmmmm...