v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

To the west you cant make out...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: To the west you cant make out...

Post by Sarumar »

Darkwolf wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:
tek wrote:[quote="DarkSavant13]Not that much easier.
if that's the case then there is no real need to make this a rest stop then.
As with anything in the game, you don't want to make anything too easy, but if it can be super difficult, as that area can get especially with the new content just around the corner (well, close enough), it'd be good to add it as a rest stop. ;)

Especially for those people whose characters aren't level 124. :P
[/quote][/quote]
Especially as he says "This used to be a rest area."

Honestly, he's got extra beds. this bugs me because there's no concievable reason for him to not let us rest there, unless he's providing bedding for the Iquans or Izthiels...[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

+1, but not a bug... IMO in future I like to see opportunity to sleep here...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

Sarumar wrote:+1, but not a bug... IMO in future I like to see opportunity to sleep here...
No one ever said it was a bug.

I said it bugs [bothers] me, because him not letting us sleep there has no internal rationale.

Unless he's renting out the bed ot monsters and doesn't want us to know.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
tek wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote: if that's the case then there is no real need to make this a rest stop then.
As with anything in the game, you don't want to make anything too easy, but if it can be super difficult, as that area can get especially with the new content just around the corner (well, close enough), it'd be good to add it as a rest stop. ;)

Especially for those people whose characters aren't level 124. :P
My level 124 character is semi-retired. My level 41 character was at 32 when he went to visit remgard. A really nice challenge that was, but you know what? I LOVED it :!: Not once did I think "oh I wish I could rest there to make it easier". NEVER.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote: My level 124 character is semi-retired. My level 41 character was at 32 when he went to visit remgard. A really nice challenge that was, but you know what? I LOVED it :!: Not once did I think "oh I wish I could rest there to make it easier". NEVER.
Level 32 and in Remgard, nice one Tek ;) The game is nowadays so much more funn....

..But IMO your main game is just a good start ;) if youre are intrested in really owerpowered build... :twisted:

happy hunting my fried
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

Sarumar wrote: Level 32 and in Remgard, nice one Tek ;) The game is nowadays so much more funn....

..But IMO your main game is just a good start ;) if youre are intrested in really owerpowered build... :twisted:

happy hunting my fried
Next English lesson, Sarumar, although I am not sure which errors are typos and which are really English mistakes.
Level 32 and in Remgard, nice one Tek ;) The game is nowadays so much more fun....

..But IMO your main game is just a good start ;) if you are interested or you're interested in areally overpowered build... :twisted: (Does your keyboard even have a "v" on it?)

Happy hunting, my friend. ("Fried" is a perfectly good word, but it is a method of cooking. There should be a comma to separate the "address" part of the sentence. Otherwise it sounds as if your friend is being hunted. "The poacher was hunting deer.")

In addition, beginning a sentence with a conjunction (and, but, or) is not considered good usage, although it is allowable when done occasionally in informal writing. And this writing is definitely informal.
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Its not just the being able to rest. It would also be the convenience of restarting there instead of back in Loneford, for those who don't like to do the "reload last save" trick if/when they die.

Not a concern if you have nearly 200 HP, regain 4 HP per kill and have Shadow Regeneration, but I don't think it would make things too easy for lower level players, just less time having to go back and forth. Even at my level, I don't need to rest, just having over 100HP, and some kind of regeneration is usually enough. And when it isn't, I switch swords to the ROL and go after anything I can kill in the first turn.

On a side note: the ROL actually loses a little effectiveness when you get powerful enough to kill everything in one hit since you don't get the little extra HP heals from hitting them before you kill them.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

lady black wrote:
Sarumar wrote: Level 32 and in Remgard, nice one Tek ;) The game is nowadays so much more funn....

happy hunting my fried
Next English lesson, Sarumar, although I am not sure which errors are typos and which are really English mistakes.
Level 32 and in Remgard, nice one Tek ;) The game is nowadays so much more fun....

..But IMO your main game is just a good start ;) if you are interested or you're interested in areally overpowered build... :twisted: (Does your keyboard even have a "v" on it?)

Happy hunting, my friend. ("Fried" is a perfectly good word, but it is a method of cooking. There should be a comma to separate the "address" part of the sentence. Otherwise it sounds as if your friend is being hunted. "The poacher was hunting deer.")
In addition, beginning a sentence with a conjunction (and, but, or) is not considered good usage, although it is allowable when done occasionally in informal writing. And this writing is definitely informal.
Thank you, my lady.
Sarumar

Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

My 2 cents:

If we made this bed available we would most likely end up with players who are stuck in that area (like BWM & Remgard). Anytime we place a bed in an area where you wouldn't be able to purchase potions/food we run the risk of having players get stuck which game ruin the game experiance for them.

:mrgreen: -Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
last_pawn
android_version: 4.0

Post by last_pawn »

I think resting is a great feature of the game and there should be more places you can do it. But a 100% hp recovery for sleeping in the woods is not right. Perhaps a % rating should be given to each rest area and you can recover up to a % of your max hp depending on the location and quality of the bed, ie 100% for an inn, 80% for a bed roll... Thoughts?
Commander of the Archer's of the Frog

Level: 50, Gold: 65269 WA 1 D 1 BS 1 CS 2 QL 1 IF 3 R 2 MF 1
Level: 25, Gold: 7940 QL 2 IF 2 MF 2

RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0. Combined!
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

last_pawn wrote:I think resting is a great feature of the game and there should be more places you can do it. But a 100% hp recovery for sleeping in the woods is not right. Perhaps a % rating should be given to each rest area and you can recover up to a % of your max hp depending on the location and quality of the bed, ie 100% for an inn, 80% for a bed roll... Thoughts?
+1 interesting idea....

...did you sleep well ? ... yes, just like a baby or

...NO, there is this.... Snoring/biting/lethall person/monster/nightmare...
Sarumar