v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New phone doesnt see save files

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

New phone doesnt see save files

Post by Rory Mac »

Bought a new phone today. (Galaxy S3 - Yay!!) Put in my SD card from old phone with my saved games. Installed the game from the Market. Connected to my pc to confirm that saved games are there - they are in the andors-trail folder. But when I launch teh program, both Continue current game and Load are greyed out. Typed in my character's name, and no change. Any thoughts on how I access my games?

Thanks.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: New phone doesnt see save files

Post by phydeaux »

Back up your saves to your puter, start a new game, save, exit, and move the files back?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Rory Mac wrote:Bought a new phone today. (Galaxy S3 - Yay!!) Put in my SD card from old phone with my saved games. Installed the game from the Market. Connected to my pc to confirm that saved games are there - they are in the andors-trail folder. But when I launch teh program, both Continue current game and Load are greyed out. Typed in my character's name, and no change. Any thoughts on how I access my games?

Thanks.
Easiest way:
-download AT to your new phone
-Start new game and save. Now you have right folders in your new phone
-send you old savegame via bluetooth, email, dropbox, etc and move it in AT folder
Happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Sarumar wrote:Easiest way:
-download AT to your new phone
-Start new game and save. Now you have right folders in your new phone
-send you old savegame via bluetooth, email, dropbox, etc and move it in AT folder
Happy hunting
Save games for AT are located on the internal storage, not an SD card. You can back them up to an SD card but that's not where the game will look for them so if you do move the SD card to a new phone you'll have to copy them back onto the internal storage of the new phone. Like Sarumar said, easiest way to ensure you get everything right is to open AT, start a new game, save it, and then close out of AT. You now have the folders in the right location and can go into it and delete the lone save file you just made before copying all the save files from your SD card to that folder.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
mdmedlin
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by mdmedlin »

When I open my sd card, I have an andor's trail save file.
Level 39 Exp: 1093259 HP: 111 AC: 189% AD: 22-29 AP: 6 CC: 10% CM:2 BC 54% DR: 0 SR:2543 RoLS: 1

frog killer
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

mdmedlin wrote:When I open my sd card, I have an andor's trail save file.
I do, too. Actually, I have 7, the exact same number as the saves in-game. I may have misunderstood and have been backing up the wrong saves then... :(
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

DarkSavant13 wrote:
I do, too. Actually, I have 7, the exact same number as the saves in-game. I may have misunderstood and have been backing up the wrong saves then... :(
Did you go into your phone's application settings and move andor's storage data to sd card? If so, then you're saving the right ones. :o)
Rory Mac
android_version: 4.0

Post by Rory Mac »

Thanks guys. Worked like a charm.
Base: |LVL 60|XP 3892000|GOLD 123000|HP 95|
Equipped: |AP 3|AC 271|AD 24-31|CHS 36|CM 4.5|ECC 21|BC 111|DR 4|
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.0.4 |RoLS 1|ElyR 0|RoL 0|WP 385|UPD 2012/11/05|
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

phydeaux wrote:
DarkSavant13 wrote:
Did you go into your phone's application settings and move andor's storage data to sd card? If so, then you're saving the right ones. :o)
Ahhh, OK, I understand now. If you go into application settings and click the "move to SD" option, then the saves are moved and saved to your SD card. If you do not take this option then your saves are done on internal memory only.

I would recommend to everyone to choose the "move to SD" setting as from that point on your saves are backed up away from internal memory (and it saves ya space on your phone also). You can further backup your saves by copying save files to another folder on your SD card, so that you could overwrite your saves in-game and still have your old ones. You could also backup those saves to PC via SD card slot or USB cable.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

wait, i thought it was like this...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AT requires permission to write to your SD card,
if you accept... you can download the app & when you save - it goes to the card.

when you move the AT app to your card,
it condenses as much of the file as it can & puts it on your card to save storage on your device.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i could be wrong!

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]