how do i actually get into Blackwater mountain village?

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
phoenix82
android_version: 3.0

how do i actually get into Blackwater mountain village?

Post by phoenix82 »

I made it to the cabin at base of bwm and the agent said to follow him north. There's a temple type building with 4 enemies I can't remember the name but when I was using blackwater brew the caption said "impossible " instead of just very hard. I tried the other levels of the sides of the mountain...one had a ton of enemies another had a page from a book...basically I'm stuck. I rested in that bed so everytime I die I wake up there, and with 8 bonemail and 8 meats I'm afraid to end up like the journalist...stuck without enough potions to get out. I suppose getting in the village is my goal after making it this far, and I currently used all 5 skill points on reducing experience loss so now I'm losing no experience when I die...which is nice. Hopefully getting into bwm village has supplies to get home. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: how do i actually get into Blackwater mountain village?

Post by Mino »

What level are you at, and what are your stats?

If the Wyrm trainers are showing up as "impossible" you're going to have to level up a bit. I suggest sticking to attacking the small snowman looking creatures by the cabin. They have high HP, but they miss more often and don't cause Fatigue like everything else up there. If you go down to the cabin basement there's also a ghost or something you can kill and it may sometimes drop a healing potion (not sure if I'm remembering correctly though).

Otherwise, if you don't have these yet, work towards getting the Regeneration Skill and Corpse Eater Skill (both will help). That is, if you don't already have Combat Speed, in which case try to get to level 2 of that (minimum level for level 2 is 30, so don't bother with level 1 until you're at level 28). And put your regular level ups into AD and AC. I can tell you more after you list your stats though.

Also, some bad news... if you're still doing the quests, its going to require going back and forth between BWM and Prim, so you might want to just work your way back to Prim until you get stronger.

Good luck!
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
phoenix82

Post by phoenix82 »

My stats are: level 21, total experience 179986, HP 96, AP 7, AC 135%, AD 7-15, CRITICAL HIT SKILL 11, BLOCK 77%, DAMAGE RESISTANCE 1.
My inventory includes a leather cap, stone cuirass,shielding necklace, strong wooden tower shield, ring of backstabbing, hardened leather boots, troublemakers gloves, polished combat ring, and the defenders blade (had flagstones pride but sold it)
so I'm guessing once I kill those 4 guards I can enter the village of blackwater?

What's Rols, ElyR, ChaR, GoLf, etc mean in your stats? I'm at level 5 on failure mastery for the skill points I was so sick of dying and losing tons of points. This way I'm gonna level up quicker and gain more skill points. I'm thinking next I'm gonna choose increased fortitude or hard hit...
Last edited by nyktos on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post combined
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

I answered your other post about the abbreviations, they're all the Legendary & Extraordinary items.

Do you have any other equipment on you? The extra AP cost added from the stone cuirass probably hurts more than it helps. The 1 Damage Resistance won't help if you get hit with Fatigue. Once you get past those 4 guards, there's another tunnel with more of those guys, although it might be possible to avoid a few. But like I said, you won't be able to rest anywhere in BWM, and will have to work your way back to Prim again to complete the quest after you choose a side between the two towns.

As for dying and losing skill points, if you don't consider it "cheating" (I don't), you can just save after every fight won, and then reload if you die. For your next skill, I would go with Increased Fortitude, which is a requirement for getting the Regeneration skill. That way you won't have to rely on potions as much. Hard hit only gives you 1 AD, so its no different than using your regular level ups, but I do recommend it at some point since its a requirement for Cleave which can be helpful too. My suggestion is Increased Fortitude at level 24, Regeneration at 28, and start getting Combat Speed for level 32 & 36.

If you don't have the Jewel of Fallhaven, it might even be worth it to go back and get it, its a very helpful necklace.

The Troublemaker gloves are more helpful if you have a critical weapon, otherwise there's other gloves that can give you more AC. I would also recommend the Villain's Ring (2), or if you want a critical hit build, then get Polished Ring of Backstabbing (2), Villain's leather armor and the villain's dagger (all sold from the bandit looking guy in Loneford).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
phoenix82

Post by phoenix82 »

Nevermind about those abbreviations someone answered it already. I'm hoping I can just get to prim In one piece then it'll be easy to get back home. :D
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Impressive AC Mino. Doubt you miss very often. One of the great aspects of this game is the massvie variety of builds.
Phoenix82 - I feel there is some much better armour available to you than the stone cuirass. Mino is giving you good advice about going back for the JoF - you can afford it. Good luck and be careful out there.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

phoenix82: i'd reccomend trying to kill as many monsters as you can without using potions until you collect enough for you to get back down the mountain.

That spot can be trouble for alot of players. Hope you make it down quickly! Happy hunting!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Impressive AC Mino. Doubt you miss very often. One of the great aspects of this game is the massvie variety of builds.
Phoenix82 - I feel there is some much better armour available to you than the stone cuirass. Mino is giving you good advice about going back for the JoF - you can afford it. Good luck and be careful out there.
Thanks, after I felt like I had enough AD, I mostly just focused on AC. Plus, the sword I've been using - Balanced steel sword; has a pretty good AC at 32%. And there was some good equipment in Remgard that give a good BC without subtracting from AC, like the Remgard combat vest, and Enhanced combat boots. Valugha's shimmering hat adds some nice AC too. So 124% is just from equipment, and not counting level ups and skills. Some good new gear from the update :D

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
phoenix82

Post by phoenix82 »

I'm still stuck on blackwater mountain I am now level 25 got 5 bw daggers and long sword and many speed potions and black water brew left. I'm collecting potions got about 30 minor and regular potions of health but thinking I wanna keep getting more cause if I end up using all the potions and still stay stuck in bwm I'm gonna throw my phone thru the wall! I unequipped my stone curiass to have more hits per round but even the wyrms are still killing me! About to give up and start over!
Mino
VIP

Post by Mino »

Keep collecting those speed potions too, you can use them to boost your max AP to 12, so if you have any weapons (or unarmed) with attack cost of 3AP or 4AP, you'll get one more attack per turn than before. And after you get Increased Fortitude and Regeneration, work towards getting Combat Speed level 2. And put any levels ups towards increasing AC.

I wouldn't start over just because of this, but I would go back down the mountain and go back to Fallhaven and some of the other towns to buy some better equipment that can help you get through that area better. Equipment suggestions if you go back:

Jewel of Fallhaven
For critical hit build: Polished Ring of Backstabbing x2, Villain's blade, Villain's leather armour
For non critical hit build: Villain's ring x2, Quickstrike dagger, Superior hard leather armour, Leather gloves of attack (or Fine gloves of swift attack).

Good luck!

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18