Too Much Free Time [and/or] No Life - Club

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: I have too much free time and/or no life -club

Post by Antison »

"The postman" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Sarumar wrote:Instead He is now known as a "The Postman".
holy cow, Saru...

:shock:

i just spit out my Cheerios!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Sarumar wrote:Ding, it is a party time ! Free tacos for ewerybody !
Its seems that I have posted here sometimes... so I decided to open new club: I have too much free time and/or no life -club
Prequisities for membership; 1000 posts or recommendation for a member of the club.
While I don't feel that I qualify for either of the two facets of this topic, the prerequisites for membership should be either scrutinized or amended to better coincide with forum rule #4 - "Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed."

If any of you happen to be collectors of anything as a hobby, then by now hopefully you've learned the valuable lesson of "quality over quantity". I feel that anyone who has over 1,000 posts, and is using it to validate or qualify themself for position or recognition (as well as borderline violating forum rule #4 with most of them), ought to be reconsidered on the basis of how many of those posts were for the sake of quantity, and tend to lack quality.

Even the best Wal-Mart door greeter doesn't often get employee of the month :shock:
One of even fewer...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

ctnbeh13 wrote: While I don't feel that I qualify for either of the two facets of this topic, the prerequisites for membership should be either scrutinized or amended to better coincide with forum rule #4 - "Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed."

If any of you happen to be collectors of anything as a hobby, then by now hopefully you've learned the valuable lesson of "quality over quantity". I feel that anyone who has over 1,000 posts, and is using it to validate or qualify themself for position or recognition (as well as borderline violating forum rule #4 with most of them), ought to be reconsidered on the basis of how many of those posts were for the sake of quantity, and tend to lack quality.

Even the best Wal-Mart door greeter doesn't often get employee of the month. :shock:
I totally agree. Quality of the posts is the most important thing, but being able to write quality posts in foreign language are not easy task. I am practised my english here quite long time and it is still not easy task for me. Writing this post take something like 10+min :shock: But i like to try my best.

Not of all of us here own a really good english skill like you have. You do not post often, but all of your posts are intresting and well justified, so I promote you as a member of honour on this club ;)

All the best
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Just because not every one of my posts are long and drawn out doesn't mean they are not important to the forums. I have spent a lot of time greeting new members and welcoming them to our community, which in turn has helped to create the wonderful community we have today.

I've been here for a long time and have been active in the community. :mrgreen:

Stephen: I appreciate your work here and that you take the time to type out explanations of why. Just because you do not post offten doesn't mean i do not notice (and appreciate) the content that you are posting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:Just because not every one of my posts are long and drawn out doesn't mean they are not important to the forums. I have spent a lot of time greeting new members and welcoming them to our community, which in turn has helped to create the wonderful community we have today.

I've been here for a long time and have been active in the community. :mrgreen:

Stephen: I appreciate your work here and that you take the time to type out explanations of why. Just because you do not post offten doesn't mean i do not notice (and appreciate) the content that you are posting.
+1 to you sir Postman, you are doing great work here. Im yours biggest fan.
Sarumar

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Sarumar,

Thanks for your reply. I believe on some level I can appreciate your concern about your comprehension of the English language, but remember to remind yourself that English is an additional language that you are learning, which is an accomplishment in itself. I don't believe but in rare occasions, that an individual ever truly masters his or her own native language anyway. As you probably well know even better than I, sometimes there are just no words that can clearly articulate what you desire to say in the process of translation from one language to another at times. I believe that you do well to communicate, and convey your point.

Another bonus is, you probably have more wiggle room with your choice of words before your posts get deleted, or you receive official warnings. :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pyrizzle,

For what you have volunteered, I would only like to add that welcoming new members to the forum is a worthy extension of courtesy, especially from your position as a representative of the forum. As you are a moderator, this affords you an excellent opportunity to do just that. Others have also been observed rolling out the red carpet to welcome our new members. I wonder if you remember how our relationship began?
Last edited by nyktos on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post combined
One of even fewer...
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Sarumar,

Thanks for your reply. I believe on some level I can appreciate your concern about your comprehension of the English language, but remember to remind yourself that English is an additional language that you are learning, which is an accomplishment in itself. I don't believe but in rare occasions, that an individual ever truly masters his or her own native language anyway. As you probably well know even better than I, sometimes there are just no words that can clearly articulate what you desire to say in the process of translation from one language to another at times. I believe that you do well to communicate, and convey your point.

Another bonus is, you probably have more wiggle room with your choice of words before your posts get deleted, or you receive official warnings. :lol:
I miss some posts ;) but have got just one warning :D

Did you know that, your post are really hard to me understand correktly...
Sarumar

fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Sarumar wrote:I miss some posts ;) but have got just one warning :D

I have mistyped some posts but have only received one warning :D

Did you know that your posts are really hard for me to understand correctly?

;)
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

fiernaq wrote:
Sarumar wrote:I miss some posts ;) but have got just one warning :D
I have mistyped some posts but have only received one warning :D
Did you know that your posts are really hard for me to understand correctly?
;)

I miss some of my earlier posts (they have disappeared from here) ;) but I have got just one warning (so far) :D

Did you know that your post are really hard to me understand correctly...
Sarumar