Skills

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Skills

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I recently noticed that the skills in dodge, hard hit, and weapon accuracy do not count in my base BC, AD, and AC. I'm not sure why it shouldn't. You get more skilled at blocking and parrying, and you can't reallocate skill points, so shouldn't points invested in hard hit, dodge, weapon accuracy, and bark skin count in your base stats? Skills are in-built, you can't take them out of your brain, so, I think it should count in the base stats.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Skills

Post by Antison »

+1
I brought this up when skills were first introduced for the exact same reasons as you mentioned,
but I didn't receive a memorable response (if I even received one at all).
Last edited by Antison on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

HP from Increased Fortitude counts towards base HP. I agree, some of those skills give stats that should count towards base stats.

Weapon Accuracy
Hard Hit
Dodge

Don't know much about the crit related skills but I guess they probably should too and Bark Skin probably should as well although I don't know of anything right now that would be affected by moving DR gained from BS over to base instead of leaving it on combat statistics.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The crit related Skills do add to your base CC/CHS/CM.

I also agree that these skills should add to your base stats.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Btw, +1 for the idea.
Last edited by sdevaney on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I disagree !
There are skills like DR with preguisities of bace BC. It will be too easy to got high DR if Dodge counts in bace BC.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:I disagree !
There are skills like DR with preguisities of bace BC. It will be too easy to got high DR if Dodge counts in bace BC.
this is an excellent point. In fact, it's the only valid point I've seen on the subject.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

That's also something I've been thinking of. Damage resistance through bark skin should be about being able to take more punishment, or becoming callous to it. So, shouldn't bark skin's prerequisite be hp instead of block chance? Or, if it is really necessary to have block chance for bark skin, shouldn't it be called something else? Like, blow absorb, as in absorbing the force of the blow by moving with it?
Hey guys, I'm back.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Wyrmspawn wrote:That's also something I've been thinking of. Damage resistance through bark skin should be about being able to take more punishment, or becoming callous to it. So, shouldn't bark skin's prerequisite be hp instead of block chance? Or, if it is really necessary to have block chance for bark skin, shouldn't it be called something else? Like, blow absorb, as in absorbing the force of the blow by moving with it?
IMO Bark skin is allready overpowered.. I hope that
prequisities of this skill will raise in future. Something like bart skin 1 preguisities are bace BC 15 and 1 skill level of Dodge...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Antison

Post by Antison »

Sarumar wrote:
Wyrmspawn wrote:That's also something I've been thinking of. Damage resistance through bark skin should be about being able to take more punishment, or becoming callous to it. So, shouldn't bark skin's prerequisite be hp instead of block chance? Or, if it is really necessary to have block chance for bark skin, shouldn't it be called something else? Like, blow absorb, as in absorbing the force of the blow by moving with it?
IMO Bark skin is allready overpowered.. I hope that
prequisities of this skill will raise in future. Something like bart skin 1 preguisities are bace BC 15 and 1 skill level of Dodge...
Sarumar,

This campaign you are running to reduce the power/effectiveness of Bark Skin is killing me :!: Please let it go. I am already going to take a "hit" in v0.6.12 when the RoL & ELyR become two-handed. I can't take another "hit" to my defensive builds in v0.6.12. :D