Do you know how to build a website?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.

Are you knowledgable on HTML/CSS?

Yes
64%
No
29%
What government alphabet acronym agencies are those?
7%

Total votes: 14

ncer
android_version: 2.2

Re: Do you know how to build a website?

Post by ncer »

dondy wrote:@ncer
I really like your advice, it helps a lot and I think I'm gonna do just that. What do you do right now btw? Just curious, y'all need not to answer if you don't want to.
You're welcome.

I currently work as a Business Information Analyst at a large IT company. I studied Information Sciences, which I'll explain as it's not an internationally recognized study (for international purposes the official paper says I've studied Computer Science), which aims towards acting like a translator between user and programmer (though it's much broader, generalizing a bit). The BIA role aims at basically the same thing, requirements engineering is one of the major responsibilities of most people in this kind of role. In practice though I tend to wind up in all sorts of jobs, I've done pretty much anything related to testing, several kinds of programming, coordinating work, designing processes, reporting, etc. I'm a bit of a Jack of all Trades, which is the way I like it. Interestingly, requirements engineering itself I haven't done all that much. I also tend to act as a helpdesk for my direct colleagues as I used to do that work part time during my studies and am still quite good at it, this is not in my official job description though.

I like programming, but I found that doing it all day and all week just did not work for me, it was too monotonous. It didn't help that the guy in charge of the software engineers kept changing his mind, so things were frequently redone from the ground up. I have for example implemented the same bit of PDF functionality into their tool 3x in different ways.
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I have some knowledge about HTLM and I have made some web pages too, but that was deceits ago :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

I know enough to get me in trouble. I do know how to build a site and have built many a failed site, but at least I know what I am looking at when I click on view source. Currently I am trying to learn Javascript from scratch for a project or two that I want.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.