v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

I Would Really Like A ...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

I Would Really Like A ...

Post by SirGrindsalot »

Let's face it, AT is a game that requires *quite a bit* of grinding, regardless of what build you chose, at least now; (maybe later with more mid-level areas, but now ..)
I'v been thinking what i could ask for that makes the grinding easier without changing the game mechanics or the experience, and i think i'v come up with something good.

I play on one of the cheaper Androids, a Samsung Galaxy Europa, or the GT-I5500 to be exact, so the screen isn't really big, and movement is less than perfect; often i want to attack a mob that i'm right next to, only to wind up doing the Left Foot Polka around it, and here is my suggestion:

"Aggressive Stance"

chosen from the preferences menu; "you will always initiate combat with a mob when you are next to it".

This doesn't do any sort of auto combat for you; it's not a "put your phone down and go eat breakfast" grinding machine, it simply puts you in combat as soon as you are next to a mob - what you essentially do by tapping in the mob's direction, which sometimes doesn't really work that well. Honestly, sometimes i get really mad trying to hit a mob and missing like 10 times.

Anyway, it would make grinding "very, very slightly" easier, or faster at least, but it wouldn't be game-breaking IMHO.

"Passive Stance" would be as now - you will not attack a mob unless you try to enter the square it is on.

/post
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: I Would Really Like A ...

Post by Sarumar »

:lol: "left foot polka" :lol:
+1 great idea.

Have you noticed that there are already two movement methods, straight and avoid obstacles ?
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
SirGrindsalot

Post by SirGrindsalot »

yes, i have; "avoid obstacles" is somewhat better to avoid getting stuck in every single tree in teh game. makes going for mobs even harder.

:/
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

I already implemented movement aggressiveness (aggressive, normal, defensive) several months ago. But Oskar did not commit the code to the current version. :?
He wanted to wait for a skill or something.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
paole
android_version: 4.0

Post by paole »

I hope we can wield 2 weapons in the next version.
lvl: 40
exp: 1188121
gold: 61270
ap: 3
ac: 246%
ad: 29-35
cc: 27%
cm: 3
ecc: 18%
bc: 51%
dr: 1

RoL: 1
ElyR: 1
RoLS: 2
GoLF: 1

proud to be pinoy.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Samuel wrote:I already implemented movement aggressiveness (aggressive, normal, defensive) several months ago. But Oskar did not commit the code to the current version. :?
He wanted to wait for a skill or something.

yeah, i think he wants a slide bar...
it's been awhile since we talked about it.

this meeting went into double time,
(over two hours!) :lol:
so we can talk about it at the next one.

paole wrote:I hope we can wield 2 weapons in the next version.

oh, we can!

and we will!!!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

SirGrindsalot wrote:[...]here is my suggestion:

"Aggressive Stance"

chosen from the preferences menu; "you will always initiate combat with a mob when you are next to it".

"Passive Stance" would be as now - you will not attack a mob unless you try to enter the square it is on.

/post
+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

That would actually solve 98% of my current problems with movement.

@everyone else, I think you may be misunderstanding. This is not a change to combat at all. This is an option in the menu that allows you to auto-attack by stepping next to a monster instead of having to actually run into the monster. Effectively, it turns the monster into a 9 tile box that you can run into instead of a 1 tile box making it much easier to avoid running past the monster when you were intending to run into it and start combat.

You may want to rename the options... just a simple "Large hit box" and "Normal hit box" would be best so as not to confuse people who think that "Aggressive Stance" is more of something to do with actual combat. Plus, the whole stance thing may be one of the features that the devs are trying to add already and they may look nothing like this suggestion.

The only 1% that this doesn't fix is movement between map tiles and running into npcs. When you go from a map tile where your character is near the bottom of the screen to a map tile where your character is now near the top of the screen, if your thumb is still in the same location you will suddenly change the direction of your course. This is not desired and currently when switching map tiles I have to stop moving as soon as the tile changes just so that I can verify which direction I'm moving. The other problem has to do with the stinking npcs that want to say hi and that wander around aimlessly within the taverns. I'm specifically thinking of the tavern that you go to to rest while grinding for a RoLs because its main room is so small that the npcs don't have anywhere to go and can cause your character to get stuck, unable to move.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
SirGrindsalot

Post by SirGrindsalot »

yarr!

in my defense, i tried to make it as obvious as possible that it was NOT A CHANGE TO COMBAT .. <- need more font size
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i knew whatcha meant...

:D

no worries!

;)

it's kinda like a "Threat Area"

you can modify your aggression,
lowering or raising how easy it is to enter combat...
like the opposite of evasion.

picture this: low aggression =
you are in a constant mode of "Flee / Running Away"
even if you charge head on into an enemy - you STILL dont initiate combat.

and so on and so fourth...
correct me if i misunderstood as well!

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

*dansing left foot polka* "Yes, this is a great suggestion. I like to take this kind of skill (agressive and rude attitude) at first place...
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1