v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Priority Survey #1 Results

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Priority Survey #1 Results

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Priority Survey #1 Results
105 people responded rating each item 1-5.

Here are the results from the survey posted a couple of weeks ago.
Listed from most points to least points.

1. In-game worldmap.
Total points: 447

2. More experience from quests.
Total points: 409

3. More types of stats that can be modified by items (xp gain, dmg reflection, etc.)
Total points: 376

4. Smarter monster movement. Packs, fleeing, etc.
Total points: 329

T-5. Types of attack (aimed, defensive, normal)
Total points: 305

T-5. Display rounds left and magnitude of actor conditions on the main screen.
Total points: 305

7. More healing options such as heal over time, different types of potions, etc.
Total points: 282

8. Easy, Normal, Hard difficulty options.
Total points: 253

9. Shop inventories are persistent and refresh every X minutes.
Total points: 246

10. Anything not listed here you would like to see?
*List of selected responses, not all responses included but most.*

Warning - It's a long kind of messy list, show at your own risk :lol:
Options to change movement:
1) Keep character centered, move map around character.
2) Draw path (line) to the tile being touched so you can adjust touch as needed.
3) Show the combat section all the time and have the map tile end where the combat section starts instead of being a transparent overlay. Disable combat buttons when not in combat.

Items that protect from Bleeding wounds/poison...

Extra experience if fighting multiple mobs
Fading stats with decreasing hp

There are a lot of monsters out there. When travelling from one end of the worldmap to another you do A LOT of slaying. This can get a little repetitive. I also feel this might cause some ergonomics issue, making the same repetitive movement. I'm already prone to Carpetal Tunnel Syndrom.
I think the game could greatly benefit from some 'automation'. You would turn this mode on, do some simple configuration (IF HP < 30 DRINK potion X && IF attack impossible END (for example when stunned and carrying around a high AP weapon)) and then just move around with the game handling combat for you.
Currently in many areas there is only 1 route to go to the next, if you go off the main path you get stuck very soon. I feel the world would become more interesting if there are more different routes to get from A to B. I assume this is partially caused by the world still being in development. A big maze like area would be great.
I read on the forums that round based effects were going to apply during combat in the next realease. I'm very much looking forward to that.
Thanks for this great game!

A greater sense of personalization for the Hero to the community and land that he lives in, and is a part of. Reoccurring characters, additional common places of interest and buildings within communities, and historical tie in by way of developing storyline should all help to accomplish this more effectively.

More uses for gold, such as swapping gold for experience gain % of level... so much money and nothing to spend it on!

Citzen movment could be smarter too. I have problem to walk trough tavern becous of guards blocking passage or to talk with priest becouse woman can't sit in one place. I 'd like to cirzen stay in one place or get out of my way when I need.

Official packaging for non-android platforms with an android environment.

It would be a nice touch if your character sprite could turn, e.g. when moving left your character would be facing left also. Thank you for such a great game! :)

1. New game + with improved difficulty, exp from mobs and quests, gold
2. Item proficiency feats/skills

Subcatagories in inventory, such as three folders or sacks, that players can use to manage their favorite items. :)

More quests / story lines regarding the elusive Andor...

•Monster ambushes
•Random bandit attacks on different villages while you're there. --> or on me while adventuring.
•The option to search crates, shelves, boxes, etc. to find loot(gold and items)

chest or some storage in my house to store items I dont want to carry around but want to keep.

In regarding to smarter monster movement , I think it is fine the way it is.. it's like a puzzle the way it is now... you can plot your course of action ... altho it would be more challenging for higher level players, it would be harder for newbs.... IMO, there should be harder monsters for higher level players, not smarter movement all together.. @ least with an area with much harder mobs, the player would have a choice or a chance to fight , were as, if monster's could follow you, would make it much harder for low levels …

Clarity w.r.t. which quests have been fully implemented already.
Deleting saved games from within the game.
Bug fixes.

Items that allow different kinds of movement: boats for river (or sea?) travel, climbing gear for scaling cliffs, and so on.

More ability to change your mind on a mission if you acquire news that makes you change sides..especially when speaking to the mission sender.

More expansion into dungeons (deeper finds), random treasures and search feature for more challenge

Display the amount of gold on the main screen.
More items in houses, caves, under trees, secret places, etc that the character can find without enemies or quests. This can be randomized.
Limited weight carrying possibility, and places where the character can store the unused items.
More places to sleep, with the risk of enemy attack or robbery.
Let's continue to make Andor's Trail one of the best RPGs on Android together.
sdevaney and the AT Dev Team
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Re: Priority Survey #1 Results

Post by lady black »

I do not see any great surprises in the results. Wish I had seen the survey! Isn't regeneration the same as heal over time?
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

lady black wrote:I do not see any great surprises in the results. Wish I had seen the survey! Isn't regeneration the same as heal over time?
I don't see why there should be any surprises, the priority survey was all about the stuff that everyone wanted, we just needed an order to do it in. (And we didn't even do that right :D )

While regen does in fact heal over time we are looking into things like potions that heal 5hp every round or cooked meat that heals a couple hp each round, those types of heal over time effects. We are open to more ideas!
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

sdevaney wrote:Warning - It's a long kind of messy list, show at your own risk :lol:
:lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Nice to see 2 of my choices in the top 3.

Didn't really think about these, listed in the extra notes section:
Items that protect from Bleeding wounds/poison...
Never really thought about it since there's already an antidote for those 2 specific conditions, but it would be good to have quests that end with a cure for some of the newer ones like Irdegh poison (maybe provide poison cure vials and irdegh poison glands), chaotic grip (collect Iqhan pendants), stun (could involve collecting Aluril skins).

But the items would be helpful as a way to mimic the skills (Strong Mind, Enduring Body, etc) without having to use the skill points, or as a way to boost them.

Extra experience if fighting multiple mobs
Can't believe I didn't suggest this, since I sometimes go out of my way to maneuver my way into a mob to attack at once. It would be an extra incentive to get Cleave, which works for me since I already have it :D

Good suggestions!
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Not really suprised by the order of the results! Thanks for posting this Sdevany!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ncer
android_version: 2.2

Post by ncer »

Nice to see my "something else" made it in :).
Lvl: 195, XP: 135178554, Gold: 1004501
HP: 88 AC: 345%, AD: 109-120, AP: 5, ECC: 15%, CM: 0, BC: 222%, DR: 6
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 2, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I still think that there should be someone to tip the gamer off about legendary items and grinding items... I didn't know about them until I entered the forums.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Lavic
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Lavic »

I agree wyrm, maybe a sign posted outside saying 'home of the X's or a person warning you to stay away because the creatures here wield or wear such items..
Khazuul Xenocide, Lavic, Shadow Walker
-Lvl: 44, HP: 115, AP: 12, AC: 215%, AD: 17-28, Crit: -11, BC: 105%, DR: 1
-RoL: 1
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

we are going to have info in books and on papers (etc.)
like Lore - to give the player info about the world & game mechanics
im also writing a quest for the Gargoyle Cave, the guy in the cabin will probably mention the RoLS...

so, yes... things will be more obvious to the players who don't visit our forum

(can't wait to see more Lore!)
like the journal in the BWM cabin...

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]