v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Which route do you think is most optimal

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Which route do you think is most optimal

Post by Sarumar »

Intresting posts here, but IMO there are lots of more ways to build "The best build in this game" ;) Trust me on this one I have some "overpowered" builds :twisted:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Sarumar wrote:Intresting posts here, but IMO there are lots of more ways to build "The best build in this game" ;) Trust me on this one I have some "overpowered" builds :twisted:

Teach me your ways, oh great wise one :o
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Post by SirGrindsalot »

builds that are complete by lev 40 ? if so, i'm curious.
nether

Post by nether »

SirGrindsalot wrote:builds that are complete by lev 40 ? if so, i'm curious.

Oh I'm sure I wouldn't be complete\finished with it. I just want to stop so I can try something new and I don't spend all my time on one guy :)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

nether wrote:
Sarumar wrote:Intresting posts here, but IMO there are lots of more ways to build "The best build in this game" ;) Trust me on this one I have some "overpowered" builds :twisted:
Teach me your ways, oh great wise one :o
...wise... great... :shock: .. talking about someone else :?: ;)

my 2cents;
---kill your opponent in one round, amound of damage or numbers of attack in single round is not relevant - just ability to kill is counted...
---BC and DR are nice ones if you schoose... but if they have not the opportunity to strike you....
---Until you have owerpovered build, there are good reason to change your gear and weapon every now and then. Lets see... trolls ans spiders have really low ac, most of the monsters in mainlands have really low ad, etc.

Happy hunting
Last edited by Sarumar on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

At this moment, I'm trying a build that should be complete at level 32 (not right there yet) and also fits into Sarumars advice.
Unlike what seems to be the current opinion, this build does not rely on criticals (too unpredictable, especially since it's toned down so much), but on lots of strikes.
So: no BC or HPs on levelling up, all-out offensive AC and AD.

I must not be hit, so 3 skillpoints into evasion is not wasted: I'll always have first strike AND when I miss too often in the first 4 hits (cursed spiders!) I will be able too flee.
(To help with these spiders, I'm currently grinding for their extraordinary Valugha items: both will help a lot for this strategy. 2 hats right now, still need a gown...patience patience)

This build could be complete at level 30 (7 skillpoints: 2 IF, 3 evasion, 2 combat speed), but level 32 is just 2 levels away and adds another skillpoint I can spend at will (regeneration? corpse eater? magic finder? dark blessing?)

With 'only' level 32, new content should still be challenging, but for this version levelling up to higher levels should not be necessary - it will only lead to an overpowered build and I already have two of those (lvl 60 and 80)

For the moment, this is my view of an optimal build (most likely to change with the next release :) )

(really, you should have seen my level 5 battling Irdeghs and spiders :roll: sheer madness! still halfway in the spidercave with that little kid, surviving barely and waiting for the conditions to go away. To even hit 1 spider 1 time takes like forever. Maybe someday I'll dust off my old tavern topic when I'm in the mood of writing down adventures...)
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Mad P wrote:(really, you should have seen my level 5 battling Irdeghs and spiders :roll: sheer madness! still halfway in the spidercave with that little kid, surviving barely and waiting for the conditions to go away. To even hit 1 spider 1 time takes like forever. Maybe someday I'll dust off my old tavern topic when I'm in the mood of writing down adventures...)
I hope you do! Your adventures are always a good read. :) Happy hunting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nether

Post by nether »

Mino / SirGAL, I did not see your posts on the second page til I reread this thread. Great points and advice there that both of you bring up. I'll be sure to keep this in mind when making my second character...
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

If you're not the patient kind, go for quickstrike builds. If you're more patient and love displays of power, go for DR. If you want to get a load of laughs by watching monsters trying unsuccessfully for 10 rounds in a row to land hits on you, go for BC.
Hey guys, I'm back.