In game manual.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Re: In game manual.

Post by nyktos »

phydeaux wrote:I believe mob ai is being worked on, but you'd have to wait for a reply from sdevaney for a confirmation... I'm not sure about crafting, although the topic has been brought up a number of times, and will probably be brought up more...
I'm not a dev, mainly because I have no compy net access, so I can't teach myself java easily or keep up with the current working source... But I'm trying! :) I can easily read the source code, just can't write it.
Happy hunting :)

:lol:

Yes, mob A.I. is being worked on.

And so far it's quite impressive.

:twisted:

It will be in the next version.

Oskar just sent us the v0.7dev build with tons of updates & that is just one of them.

Stay tuned for some fun screen shots...
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

IMO i think creating a few starter quests at the start of the game might eleminate most of the information needed in a FAQ/Guide (how to move, how combat works, how to equip items, etc). I know the training quests wouldnt be able to cover all of the new players questions but it would be a good way to help them along the way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

I currently play from a Coby Kyros 9742 tablet. Movement consists of touching the screen in the direction I want to go, or since I got my new case/keyboard all I do is press the arrows...I saw a post that said something about adding a bit of transparency to the directional icon on the screen, something that I think only applies to those with phones since I don't see it. It might be a bit difficult to make a quest that takes into account which kind of device the player is using in order to provide instruction on how to move.

Likewise having a quest try to run someone through the instructions on the menu screen for equiping an item might be a bit much without having a popup or dialog window to instruct them on what exactly to do if equiping items is an issue that people have.

Some games with similar mechanics to this style of game offer a noobie area that ties in with the game, or a separate practice area with on screen instructions and all that mess. Also there is the possibility of adding instructions each time a new thing happens, like finally getting 2 items that can be crafted into 1, and having on screen instruction for the first time the issue is encountered, but IMO that is just flat out annoying.

Those are some of the reasons that I think having a section to provide a rundown would be better than having on screen instruction or quest to explain the basics.