Level Grinding....

Post your questions about game contents here. Want to know how to complete a quest, or where to go to find an item? Post here!
RamBruce
android_version: 4.0

Level Grinding....

Post by RamBruce »

Hello everyone. New to the game and love it. Reminds me of the old D&D and Zelda games kinda.... :mrgreen: I am wondering though. I am only level 14 With stats as follows; HP:36, AC:166%, AD:6-13, BC:32%, DR:1 (this is with items equipped- Hardened Iron Longsword, Mikhail's ring, gloves of better grip, Vecor's boots, Tavern Braqwler ring, crude wooden buckler, Irogotu's necklace, superior hard leather armor,fine green hat). Yes I know It's pretty pathetic, but I am not set on any specific kind of build. Just trying to keep everything equal.

My question is, where is the best place to grind for levels at my current status? I have been in the snake cave for a while and starting to REALLY get bored. Also is there better equipment I should be using for an all out build at my current conditions? Thanks in advance.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Level Grinding....

Post by Pyrizzle »

If you can make it to the crossroads guardhouse (from crossglen head east one screen and the north 3 screens) there is some awesome gear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Pyrizzle wrote:If you can make it to the crossroads guardhouse (from crossglen head east one screen and the north 3 screens) there is some awesome gear.
+1

:twisted:
RamBruce wrote:...where is the best place to grind for levels at my current status? I have been in the snake cave for a while and starting to REALLY get bored. Also is there better equipment I should be using for an all out build at my current conditions? Thanks in advance.
Flagstone Prison is a great place for XP, and valuable drops too...

[when you can survive there!]

south of the first town, Crossglen...
then west a bit - you will meet a guard who tells you more.

a fun quest & nice rewards to boot!

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Welcome to the forums :)

if you haven't explored the entirety of the snake caves, I suggest that you do so ;)

The dog caves are easier than flagstone if you find it too difficult. To get there, go south of where vacor was and head west 1 map. You should be in an area populated by bees, beetles, and dogs. If you head south again you should see an entrance to another area with a cave.

For gear, your not doing too bad. I recommend that you try going unarmed (which may sound counterproductive at first) but is actually better because you get more attacks in (fists are 3 AP) . A must have item you should pick up is the jewel of fallhaven which will decrease your AP on attacks by 1 (so that's 5 attacks total with fists!)

And yes, there is some GREAT stuff up at that crossroad guard house like pyrizzle said.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

A few quests you can probably complete:

Jans cave quests: from crossglen head east 1 screen.and south 1 screen

On the way to the guardhouse there is another quest you can probably finish at your level.

the wolf caves would probably be the best bet for right now for grinding, after a few more levels you should be able to easily handle flagstone, after flagstone you should be ready for the gargoyle caves (if you want to get the rols)

RamBruce

Post by RamBruce »

nether wrote:Welcome to the forums :)

if you haven't explored the entirety of the snake caves, I suggest that you do so ;)

The dog caves are easier than flagstone if you find it too difficult. To get there, go south of where vacor was and head west 1 map. You should be in an area populated by bees, beetles, and dogs. If you head south again you should see an entrance to another area with a cave.

For gear, your not doing too bad. I recommend that you try going unarmed (which may sound counterproductive at first) but is actually better because you get more attacks in (fists are 3 AP) . A must have item you should pick up is the jewel of fallhaven which will decrease your AP on attacks by 1 (so that's 5 attacks total with fists!)

And yes, there is some GREAT stuff up at that crossroad guard house like pyrizzle said.
Yes I have completed the Snake cave and received the Venomous Dagger. I have also acquired the people of Vilegards trust, but some of the equipment is soooo expensive.. I haven't tried the wolf cave yet. Guess I will try there. I just feel my current equipment covers all stats, while some of the newer stuff requires you hinder one stat to make another dominant.
SirGrindsalot
android_version: 2.0

Post by SirGrindsalot »

just a tip .. if you find yourself headed for a place called BlackWater Mountain ... don't. At least until lev 20~ish. some people get *stuck* there. Also, regeneration helps on your first runthrough.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

SirGrindsalot wrote:just a tip .. if you find yourself headed for a place called BlackWater Mountain ... don't. At least until lev 20~ish. some people get *stuck* there. Also, regeneration helps on your first runthrough.
:mrgreen: level 20 is usually a good level to start on the BWM area, it can be done at a lower level but you have to play carefully.

Just a warning:
If you sleep in the cabin half way up the mountain, if/when you die you will respawn at the cabin (so watch your potion levels as you travel)

I reccomend bringing waaaaaaay more than you think you could ever use just in case.

RamBruce

Post by RamBruce »

Guess it would be best to save before headed up that way... And as for flag stone........ Yeah I am not ready for that yet. Ran through all my meat and potions pretty quickly. So I guess I am headed to the wolf cave for now.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

BWM isn't that hard :twisted: